Spurs Player Ratings 22/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an introduction I have been running a player ratings thread on another site and have transfered all the data across to this site.

It's a bit long winded this first ice breaker but try and stay with it.

Ratings are taken from newspapers, TV , Spurs sites and neutral sites. But most importantly and kept separate are forum posters ratings. A couple of days after the match or before the next one I collate the ratings and display the averages for each player.

The thread stays the same, no new thread per game. This makes tracking back easier.
I rate all games and there will always be around 10 from the media etc. It would be good to get some forum input but I realise it may take some time to get going. I may have to do some prompting but its down to personal choice. The more data goes in, the better because it gives a more reliable average.

My findings after 3 years is that for a player to achieve a rating of 7 across the season is nigh on impossible, its not been achieved yet !!
As a guide a 5 is poor, a 6 acceptable, a 7 good, 8 very good, 9 excellent, 10 exceptional. 0.5 marks are encouraged and the difference between a 6 and 6.50 is significant as you will find out. Likewise up and down the scale.

Here are the 20/21 season averages.

1. Kane........6.63
2. Hojbjerg 6.41
3. Toby..........6.35
4. Lloris.........6.22
5. Ndombele 6.20
6. Son..............6.19
7. Dele............6.18
8 . Lo Celso....6.16
9. Dier.............6.10
10. Lamela ....6.08
11. Aurier.......5.86
12. Davies.......5.84

21/22 Season averages.

1. Dier.........6.65
2. Romero 6.58
3. Lloris......6.45
4. Skipp/ Son 6.37
5. Kane..........6.25
6. Hojbjerg...6.21
7. Sanchez....6.18
8 . Moura .....6.17
9. Royal........6.08
10. Davies.....5.91

22/23 First 5 games.

1. Kulu 6.96
2. Kane 6.91
3. Dier....6.75
4. Hojbjerg 6.69
5. Davies...6 40
6. Royal....6.20
7. Lloris...6.10
8. Son.......5.52

Second 5.

1. Richarlison 7.07
2. Bentancur 6.78
3. Kane............6.52
4. Lloris...........6.48
5. Hojbjerg.....6.46
6. Dier...............6.40
7. Son................ 6.35

Next 5

1. Hojbjerg 6.98
2. Bentancur 6.88
3. Lloris .........6.79
4. Kane.........6.71
5. Romero ...6.48
6. Son.............6.47
7. Dier...........6.31

Sorry if that was painful but its all set out and ready to follow on now.

As you can see the 6 bracket with small increments is the main measure. Anything less than 6 over a long period probably means the club gets rid !!

Thanks for reading if you made it and I look forward to some interesting input.

In a truly monumental day for online football rating systems, myself and The Dealer have come to a truce.

f6yniz45b0351.jpg

There's merits to both systems. The Dealer provides a bit more insight from various other sources and he will be feeding some of the data we have into his to get a broader picture and provide more analysis.

I'd encourage everyone to participate in both.

LETS RATE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING!!!
A monumental day?
Compromise ?
Not very TFC is it?
Foul vote to the pair of you pussies for bringing TFC into disrepute

What's funny is, when I was building the new system, I thought "hey, I bet that Dealer bloke is gonna love this. A load of new ratings for his system."

HOW FUCKING WRONG WAS I!? 😂😭

If you look at the ratings tables at the start of the thread Hojbjerg is up there in most. He's consistently a top 5 player across 3 seasons . We got CL last season and did ok this season until injuries hit us.
He has even added goals to his resume this season by adapting his game to attack more. On that basis he has improved under Conte despite being under the cosh in MF most of the time.
Look, I know you're new around here so I'm going to cut you some slack. But you need to buck up sharpish.

Know that you need to make your mind up early on whether a player is a) world class or b) a champo clogger at best, and is wasting a squad place. There is no grey space between these two stools. We will brook thee no quarter on reasoned discussion or argument.

MAKE YOUR MIND UP AND STICK TO IT!

As the thread stated, we're testing a new ratings system and will continue to do so in the remaining fixtures. Next season, the plan is to use the new system. You're welcome to use those ratings as part of your comparison with various other sources and continue to keep this thread updated.

In a truly monumental day for online football rating systems, myself and The Dealer have come to a truce.

f6yniz45b0351.jpg

There's merits to both systems. The Dealer provides a bit more insight from various other sources and he will be feeding some of the data we have into his to get a broader picture and provide more analysis.

f6yniz45b0351.jpg

A compromise.

On the internet?

Nicolas Cage Bullshit GIF

I just remembered Admins post where he encourages posters to rate on both systems as they both have their merits. He didn't claim his was the proper one !!
If I want to call the Admins rating thread ''the proper one'' I shall. The only person that appears to have left a rating on this dour thread for the last match (Palace) is you.

I doubt many posters pay this thread any attention.

Your rating thread now relies on the information that you read on the proper one, ie you need it but it doesn't need you.

All our system is there to do is give an overview of what users of this forum think about the players performance. The idea isn't to get fully-sanitised data. It's just what The Fighting Cock reprobates think of our players. We have the option to clean up the obvious "I'm gonna vote 1 for this player every time" submissions but that falls very much into the "if we can be arsed" column.

You're trying to give a broader view of how forums and the media rate players, which is fair enough. You're also very passionate about making sure that data fits your criteria. That's your thing and what this thread is for. We're just trying to figure out if Hojbjerg is shit, fucking shit, absolute dog shit or bang average.

I'll un-stick this thread at the end of the season. You're welcome to keep it up to date though, if only for the delightful discourse. Everyone also has the option to click the 'Ignore' button at the top of the thread, if this is not your thing. I'd probably recommend a few of you stick each other on ignore as well.

Perhaps most frustrating to me is when he can’t make a simple pass or trap. It happens from time to time for him and he had several of those against CP. Every time his lack of technical ability rears its head, it just convinces me further that he can’t be an automatic starter in a best XI if we hope to break into the top 3. He’s just not good enough defensively to be technically inadequate.
A Useful squad player no doubt, though.

Settling for players like him and thinking they are top players is why we persisted with winks and others for so long. So perhaps I have a bias that others rate him too highly and so I rate him extra low to offset it. If PEH is a top 5 player at a club, that club is going nowhere.
I understand but ratings are for the player on the day. What's gone is gone, clean slate and all that. It's difficult sometimes to see the good if a player is not liked.

Lloris - 2 (for his one or two decent saves, otherwise 0)
Romero - 4 (2nd goal he doesn’t close at the right angle, he at least fucking tries to make things happen though)
Dier - 5 (didn’t screw up so a win by his standards. Passive as usual)
Lenglet - 4 (just weak defensively)
Doherty - 4 (non existent)
Sess - 4 (some good moments but more often bad)
Sarr - 5 (out of position a few times but way more courageous than his more experienced partner)
PEH - 3 (non existent and technically glitched)
Kulu - 7 (looked dangerous, unfortunately it didn’t come off)
Kane - 6 (at least tried but wasn’t working for him)
Son - 2 (basically the equivalent of a GK that is batting own goals into his own net)

Conte - 2 (no plan, no changes, predictable, just nothing)

The other ratings thread has 29 ratings already. Your main gripe is people not participating. Instead of outright dismissing the efforts put in with your unpleasant attitude why not suggest modification? I'm sure making voters public and editing ratings is possible, you literally just scroll down and change your rating and submit again. Perhaps your lack of tech savvy simply let you down on that?

As for 0.5 ratings. I doubt many of your other ratings sources provide for this so as one poster said just use it as another source. I've personally stopped getting involved in this thread as I don't have the time.

How can a disagree be warranted....its numbers.
Of course you can disagree with numbers - they're all numerical interpretations of someone's subjective impressions of a player's performance. Are you really suggesting that I could give Skipp a ten or a one and nobody could disagree with me, just because it's a bloody NUMBER?

The more I look into your interpretations, the less impressive they seem. The idea that you could suggest Romero could be in danger of being sold because 6 of his last 10 ratings fall below your number '6' is frankly laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom