Spurs Show

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anurag Jo said:
And whats with Parkinsons and Alzheimers shit....

Dont old guys have a right to talk about their love for spurs....Geez...

this song's pretty offensive to be honest...
if they've got Alzheimer's they won't remember that post anyway

Flav said:
spooky said:
Let's remember. Spurs Show inspired us to get the FC off the ground.

Keep hold of your hate. You never know what's round the corner.

You're right of course, but personally, if the Spurs Show was as good as it should be, the FC would never be.

Certainly no problem with them doing what they're doing, and I doubt we'll ever top where they are. We're just different animals.

The FC was always going to happen from the moment we all touched each other with cyber love. I got called a cunt for posting a tehtrunk vid on DML, found the thread in question on THFC Latest...that was the foundations set. Flav is taking credit for the rest and his solicitors have warned me against suggesting anything different.

Ricky is filler.

spooky said:
Flav said:
spooky said:
Let's remember. Spurs Show inspired us to get the FC off the ground.

Keep hold of your hate. You never know what's round the corner.

You're right of course, but personally, if the Spurs Show was as good as it should be, the FC would never be.

Certainly no problem with them doing what they're doing, and I doubt we'll ever top where they are. We're just different animals.

The FC was always going to happen from the moment we all touched each other with cyber love. I got called a cunt for posting a tehtrunk vid on DML, found the thread in question on THFC Latest...that was the foundations set. Flav is taking credit for the rest and his solicitors have warned me against suggesting anything different.

Ricky is filler.

See you in court.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say that I listen to both TFC and SS every week. There's easily room for both to co-exist.

I've been a Cornwell fan since Stella Street in the 90s and have listened to SS for the past 3 seasons. The impressions aren't particularly accurate but then they're not supposed to be, that's part of the joke. His style is very much off the wall and you either get it or you don't. The Geordie Pav impression is hilarious! It helps being accustomed to his style - I'm not sure it's something you could just dip into and appreciate, there's a lot of running gags and he plays up to being calamitous and amateurish, it's all part of the act.

I like it because it's silly humour and loosely based around Spurs. And as someone else said earlier, the guests are often very good. Andy Linden is a legend and should be a permanent fixture.

Where TFC stands head and shoulders above is the balance between puerile banter and mum jokes and incisive on-topic discussion about the current issues surrounding the team. It's obvious how much prep work goes into making sure all angles are covered. As you guys have got more comfortable over the weeks the shows keep getting better. The last few have been brilliant and had me both PMSLing and nodding along in agreement.

I wouldn't go without either podcast and would urge respect for each others' efforts and combined success in serving the lilywhite faithful. COYS!

2P8G said:
I'm gonna buck the trend and say that I listen to both TFC and SS every week. There's easily room for both to co-exist.

I've been a Cornwell fan since Stella Street in the 90s and have listened to SS for the past 3 seasons. The impressions aren't particularly accurate but then they're not supposed to be, that's part of the joke. His style is very much off the wall and you either get it or you don't. The Geordie Pav impression is hilarious! It helps being accustomed to his style - I'm not sure it's something you could just dip into and appreciate, there's a lot of running gags and he plays up to being calamitous and amateurish, it's all part of the act.

I like it because it's silly humour and loosely based around Spurs. And as someone else said earlier, the guests are often very good. Andy Linden is a legend and should be a permanent fixture.

Where TFC stands head and shoulders above is the balance between puerile banter and mum jokes and incisive on-topic discussion about the current issues surrounding the team. It's obvious how much prep work goes into making sure all angles are covered. As you guys have got more comfortable over the weeks the shows keep getting better. The last few have been brilliant and had me both PMSLing and nodding along in agreement.

I wouldn't go without either podcast and would urge respect for each others' efforts and combined success in serving the lilywhite faithful. COYS!

Aye

Never liked it. I tried to give it another chance and listened to the most recent episode the other night... as soon as it finished I wanted 20 minutes of my life back.

Back
Top Bottom