Spurs signing that excited you most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In recent years Paulinho.

:kanehand::dempsey::avbfacepalm:

Seriously though, I watched practically every minute of that world cup and thought he was excellent and exactly what we needed.

VDV, Ginola and Klinsmann are up there too.

I was 11 when we signed Klinsmann so possibly the same for me, my Dad always used to bang on about the signing of Ossie and Villa and the headline on the morning paper " Tottenham sign the World"

I couldn’t wait to get into work to stick it up these ManU and Scum cunts that I used to work with !!

Good call.
I don't recall us signing him, but remember him being a big favourite of the chaps.
I only saw him play once for us,but so glad i saw him.

I saw him score in the 2-1 over the Chavs which sent them down 😆
Was in the Shelf and lots of their <removed>s tried to get in from the Paxton and we gave them a friendly reception!

We did yes! We were in the Park Lane and the Paxton was filling up and we thought it would be them but it was all Spurs. The whole ground was us and at the end there was a resounding bye bye Chelsea. One of the best days at WHL.

I was in the corner of the Shelf adjacent to the Paxton and a fair few of them were in there

Their leader appeared to be a fat cunt in a light blue cardigan who looked remarkably like this
:angryscouser:
When I first saw this emoji I thought it was him but apparently it’s a Dipper

I loved Jurgen but my favourite has to be the signings of Ossie and Ricky in 1978

Couldn’t believe it at the time

Yup. There wasn't that much live football on the telly back in those days.
And yet we'd been able to watch an amazing World Cup in Argentina in colour :lamelashock: , and a wiry little dynamo named Osvaldo Ardiles linking it all together for the new World Champions.

There also wasn't any interweb thingy, and newspaper transfer gossip columns barely existed.

1978 was an ITK free world and all the better for it.

Then, entirely out of the blue, Ardiles rocked up to join the famous Spurs, along with some big bearded guy named Ricardo Villa that we'd hardly seen play, apart from one match where Menotti put him on as the enforcer when Brazil tried to kick the home nation out of the tournament.

I vaguely remember some hypocritical kneejerk punditry saying Villa was a filthy player who shouldn't be allowed to grace the English game. This was in the era of Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris and Tommy Smith, who made Ricky look like an angel.

Anyway, I remember standing on the Shelf amidst a cloud of white ticker tape as Ossie and Ricky joined Glenn Hoddle in our pure footballing midfield.

Amazing days. :ossie:

I was in the corner of the Shelf adjacent to the Paxton and a fair few of them were in there

Their leader appeared to be a fat cunt in a light blue cardigan who looked remarkably like this
:angryscouser:
When I first saw this emoji I thought it was him but apparently it’s a Dipper
Yes those were the North End Road ones that did turn up. They are to be seen getting kicked all over the pitch when they attempted to escape later.

Yup. There wasn't that much live football on the telly back in those days.
And yet we'd been able to watch an amazing World Cup in Argentina in colour :lamelashock: , and a wiry little dynamo named Osvaldo Ardiles linking it all together for the new World Champions.

There also wasn't any interweb thingy, and newspaper transfer gossip columns barely existed.

1978 was an ITK free world and all the better for it.

Then, entirely out of the blue, Ardiles rocked up to join the famous Spurs, along with some big bearded guy named Ricardo Villa that we'd hardly seen play, apart from one match where Menotti put him on as the enforcer when Brazil tried to kick the home nation out of the tournament.

I vaguely remember some hypocritical kneejerk punditry saying Villa was a filthy player who shouldn't be allowed to grace the English game. This was in the era of Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris and Tommy Smith, who made Ricky look like an angel.

Anyway, I remember standing on the Shelf amidst a cloud of white ticker tape as Ossie and Ricky joined Glenn Hoddle in our pure footballing midfield.

Amazing days. :ossie:

Great 👍 post

Believe it or not, Erik Lamela for me. He was an absolute star at Roma, and argentinians were comparing him to Robben levels of stardom, mind you Robben was a god in 2013/2014.

I loved Jurgen but my favourite has to be the signings of Ossie and Ricky in 1978

Couldn’t believe it at the time

I can remember getting to London at 6am on a Sunday morning from a Bob Dylan concert and reading the Sunday papers.
Incredible getting two World Cup winners after only coming up from Div 2 the season before!

They just never showed that day. If they were locked out why didn't they hang about? A few I know have admitted it but not many do.
I was there as an 11 year old, with my dad. Can still vividly recollect the first pitch invasion from the Park Lane end.

Talking of crowd trouble; We were at the Feyenoord home game the year before. What always seems to go unnoticed is the behaviour of their fans that evening. They were in the East Upper seats and spent most of the game chucking objects on us, situated below. I saw some Feyenoord fans getting a severe beating afterwards, because of this. Quite eye opening for a wee nipper.

I was there as an 11 year old, with my dad. Can still vividly recollect the first pitch invasion from the Park Lane end.

Talking of crowd trouble; We were at the Feyenoord home game the year before. What always seems to go unnoticed is the behaviour of their fans that evening. They were in the East Upper seats and spent most of the game chucking objects on us, situated below. I saw some Feyenoord fans getting a severe beating afterwards, because of this. Quite eye opening for a wee nipper.
Yes there were some clogs in the Paxton seats too getting similar treatment.

Back
Top Bottom