Spurs Statistics and Records

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose got sent off in that game too - we absolutely BATTERED them. From what I remember, they literally had 1 shot all game and scored from it and we had about 17 or so shots. We took van der Vaart off in the last minute and brought on Parker - I assume to sit in midfield whilst everyone attacked, but Defoe would have been the smarter choice for sure.
Thank you I couldn't remember the players involved but it's certainly true that we were in the ascendancy in that game and even bringing on another forward with only ten men would not have been an issue. Didn't think it was quite as late as that, my memory was maybe ten minutes left or something.

Unbeaten away run continues - the stats​

• Despite surrendering their lead in the second half, Spurs are unbeaten in their last nine away games in the Premier League (W5 D4), their longest such run since April 2018 (also nine).
  • Spurs duo Harry Kane and Son Heung-min have now combined for 12 goals in the Premier League this season - only Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton in 1994-95 have linked up for more in a single season in the competition (13).
  • Following 1-1 draws in both of their meetings in 2020, Crystal Palace have avoided defeat in consecutive Premier League games against Spurs for the first time since the 2014-15 season.
  • Spurs have only lost one of the 21 Premier League games in which they've opened the scoring under Jose Mourinho (W15 D5), with that lone defeat coming against Wolves back in March.
  • Since Jose Mourinho's first game in charge of Spurs, Harry Kane has been directly involved in more goals in all competitions than any other Premier League player (43 - 29 goals, 14 assists).
  • Crystal Palace midfielder Jeffrey Schlupp has scored in each of his last two Premier League appearances against Spurs.
  • Spurs striker Harry Kane has scored five goals in seven Premier League away games at Selhurst Park, the joint-most of any visiting player against Crystal Palace at this venue, along with Jermain Defoe

200.gif

To any fan that favours an attractive, progressive, expansive, forward thinking system, that stat is an abomination. And in my view that is exactly what Spurs fans should want. "The Game Is about Glory". "To Dare Is To Do". It's supposed to be the fabric of Spurs. The very underpinnings and overarching principles, of our great club. The essence and soul of Tottenham Hotpsur F.C. I for one won't continue to pay for one of the most expensive non corporate season tickets in the world to watch a ridiculously talented squad try to bore teams to death.

And another point, next time anyone questions why United, Liverpoool and Leicester get more penalties than us, remember this stat. It's not referee bias. If you're not in the box you can't win a penalty.

In order to keep OT here's a Spurs record....

PLAYER£K PER WEEK
WHITEMAN Alfie4
SKIPP5
RODON Joe10
GAZZANIGA Paulo20
CCV20
FERNANDES Gedson21
FOYTH22
TANGANGA Japhet24
CLARKE Jack31
REGUILON Sergio49
WINKS Harry50
HART Joe51
DAVIES Ben60
ROSE60
SESSEGNON61
VINICIUS Carlos62
SANCHEZ Davinson65
DOHERTY Matt66
LO CELSO Giovani70
AURIER Serge70
DIER Eric73
BERGWIJN Steven73
ALDERWEIRELD Toby80
LAMELA Erik80
SISSOKO Moussa80
MOURA Lucas80
LLORIS Hugo100
ALLI Dele100
HOJBJERG, Pierre-Emile101
SON Heung-min140
KANE Harry200
NDOMBELE Tanguy200
BALE Gareth220
some of those figures can't be right, I thought Hugo had parity with the top earner?

some of those figures can't be right, I thought Hugo had parity with the top earner?
These "guesses" at what players earn always astound/amuse me. How can anyone put out a list like that claiming any sort of accuracy? Where is this information supposed to come from? There are some quite specific numbers there too. Is that just to give it an air of authority?

Story of our season so far!!! Fans can say we are boring all they want but we created some big chances for sure. Combination of not finishing and keepers playing their best games kept us from killing off games. And then ultimately not having good enough defenders, letting lead slip at the end cost us.

2020202120192020201820192017201820162017 20152016
22-7-475-2913-9-1159-4823-2-870-3520-7-668-2918-9-663-2717-11-562-30

22-7-4 including bye.
Even without the bye I am pretty certain that is our best all games total since the 60s?

Back
Top Bottom