Spurs' Transfer Target Fan Polling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pick maximum of 1 or 2 players per position

• Total voters
Agree it's an issue; we need to start selling our deadweights.
But in pure footballing terms, we'd be completely fine with an Europa squad of 22 senior players with Skipp and Sessegnon added. That gives us room to sell 3 HG players if needed.
In footballing terms yes but the big thing from the summer onwards, hopefully with a new manager will be squad harmony and leaving relatively big names out of a European squad is not what you want to be serving up to them on the first few days in the job. We do have plenty of foreign trained players to sell Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela maybe Toby if we get an ok offer but actually selling them is another thing entirely.

In footballing terms yes but the big thing from the summer onwards, hopefully with a new manager will be squad harmony and leaving relatively big names out of a European squad is not what you want to be serving up to them on the first few days in the job. We do have plenty of foreign trained players to sell Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela maybe Toby if we get an ok offer but actually selling them is another thing entirely.
Agree it needs to be done but don't think it will take as many player sales as you suggest.
We'd only need to sell 3 out of these 4 foreign players; Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela.

None of the CBs are particularly appealing. Andersen is probably got the best overall combination of skill, age, price, experience but he is pretty ok at best, not likely to be a top PL defender and has pretty limited upside. I have less than zero desire for Vestergaard. Milenkovic is young but needs to improve a lot. Botman has so much hype but I haven't seen enough to pay as much as he likely costs. Carlos fits in on the left but is already 28 and loves a big error, which isn't great.

I would like to see Andersen as CB2 so if we were bringing in another CB to be the top guy, or at least brought in a young guy that could develop into that, I don't see Tanganga or Rodon having that upside, then it would be a move I would like more.

Emerson and Menino are certainly appealing but I think I would go for the PL experience in Aarons. But really I would be fine with any of the 3 especially if the prices are accurate because 30m for Aarons likely is too much for me.

I have said I think Sabitzer is too old, meh and expensive. That doesn't mean he is bad but I would prefer someone younger who solves the position long term and has potential to turn into a world class player. Sabitzer isn't a terrible option but only likely to be a good, not great player. Gonzalez doesn't seem to be much of a drop off currently and offers a lot more potential and variety in his game. I would prefer him even if he might not give us the same level of play, at least initially.

Daka would be be great to get but I imagine RB will keep him for Leipzig. He would give us an option that not only would be a back-up but a long term solution to Kane. I may overrate his ability to jump up but I would feel much better with him starting in the PL than Vinicius.

None of the CBs are particularly appealing. Andersen is probably got the best overall combination of skill, age, price, experience but he is pretty ok at best, not likely to be a top PL defender and has pretty limited upside. I have less than zero desire for Vestergaard. Milenkovic is young but needs to improve a lot. Botman has so much hype but I haven't seen enough to pay as much as he likely costs. Carlos fits in on the left but is already 28 and loves a big error, which isn't great.

I would like to see Andersen as CB2 so if we were bringing in another CB to be the top guy, or at least brought in a young guy that could develop into that, I don't see Tanganga or Rodon having that upside, then it would be a move I would like more.

Emerson and Menino are certainly appealing but I think I would go for the PL experience in Aarons. But really I would be fine with any of the 3 especially if the prices are accurate because 30m for Aarons likely is too much for me.

I have said I think Sabitzer is too old, meh and expensive. That doesn't mean he is bad but I would prefer someone younger who solves the position long term and has potential to turn into a world class player. Sabitzer isn't a terrible option but only likely to be a good, not great player. Gonzalez doesn't seem to be much of a drop off currently and offers a lot more potential and variety in his game. I would prefer him even if he might not give us the same level of play, at least initially.

Daka would be be great to get but I imagine RB will keep him for Leipzig. He would give us an option that not only would be a back-up but a long term solution to Kane. I may overrate his ability to jump up but I would feel much better with him starting in the PL than Vinicius.
Which CB would you want? I can add to the poll if there's any reported link.

Agree with a lot of that. In terms of Gonzalez, he has had a major injury issue and also extended his contract recently, which may mean he's an expensive risk.

Which CB would you want? I can add to the poll if there's any reported link.

Agree with a lot of that. In terms of Gonzalez, he has had a major injury issue and also extended his contract recently, which may mean he's an expensive risk.

I think most of the CBs and the style of CBs that I want will not be the same ones that the club wants, especially with Jose there. so there will be no links.

Five said it the other day Kounde and Todibo, that would be an awesome duo to bring in. Konate is another that I would like to see us go after. Konsa with him being English and a Spurs fan growing up is another guy that I would want. I haven't seen a ton of him so this is more on scouting reports and Hg status but Kelly at Bournemouth is a young, Left side (I believe), HG guy that gets good reviews so would consider him but like I said I haven't seen much of him myself to feel overly strong.

I want CB's that are comfortable with the ball at their feet, so that when they take they ball off guy they can start the transition rather than having to desperately search out Ndombele or GLC like Sanchez, Dier, Rodon have to do.

We all like to talk about peak Jan and Toby and I think that is what we had with them, they could move the ball up the field with passes, long balls or running it up themselves. Looking at the top CB's now they all are comfortable on the ball and for us Toby is the only guy that fits the bill. Vestergard is poor in this area. Andersen is ok.

I think most of the CBs and the style of CBs that I want will not be the same ones that the club wants, especially with Jose there. so there will be no links.

Five said it the other day Kounde and Todibo, that would be an awesome duo to bring in. Konate is another that I would like to see us go after. Konsa with him being English and a Spurs fan growing up is another guy that I would want. I haven't seen a ton of him so this is more on scouting reports and Hg status but Kelly at Bournemouth is a young, Left side (I believe), HG guy that gets good reviews so would consider him but like I said I haven't seen much of him myself to feel overly strong.

I want CB's that are comfortable with the ball at their feet, so that when they take they ball off guy they can start the transition rather than having to desperately search out Ndombele or GLC like Sanchez, Dier, Rodon have to do.

We all like to talk about peak Jan and Toby and I think that is what we had with them, they could move the ball up the field with passes, long balls or running it up themselves. Looking at the top CB's now they all are comfortable on the ball and for us Toby is the only guy that fits the bill. Vestergard is poor in this area. Andersen is ok.
Todibo and Botman are in the same league, but it appears Botman has out performed him. Lille top of the league due to their mean defence.
Kounde is too expensive, he's £60m plus so outside our budget. Likely to end up at Man United.
Konate is going to Liverpool for sure, that's practically a done deal.
Konsa is okay, but he's the second best CB at Aston Villa. Villa's defensive record is similar to ours. Not sure he's the guy to transform our defence.

Andersen has been very good on the ball in the games I've watched him in. That highlight reel I linked on another thread of his passing in one match vs Liverpool is probably better than the season highlight reel of any of our defenders.

Todibo and Botman are in the same league, but it appears Botman has out performed him. Lille top of the league due to their mean defence.
Kounde is too expensive, he's £60m plus so outside our budget. Likely to end up at Man United.
Konate is going to Liverpool for sure, that's practically a done deal.
Konsa is okay, but he's the second best CB at Aston Villa. Villa's defensive record is similar to ours. Not sure he's the guy to transform our defence.

Andersen has been very good on the ball in the games I've watched him in. That highlight reel I linked on another thread of his passing in one match vs Liverpool is probably better than the season highlight reel of any of our defenders.

Todibo is also much cheaper and has more qualities that I like, I agree Botman at the moment is more ready and likely a safer option.

Too expensive is a pretty depressing thought considering that after building the stadium Levy has talked about how world class we are. He is expensive but not Haaland, Ronaldo, Mbappe world class level that we should be unable to handle, but yes Levy probably will cheap out.

Konsa is better than Mings, no doubt. He may not get the press or England calls ups but he is a better CB.

I haven't heard that Konate is a done deal to Liverpool. If so that is pretty concerning that our rivals that already have been CB's then us are likely adding better players than we will.

Andersen is fine on the ball, not great but comfortable. Highlight reels are a danergous way to judge players on. Like I said he is a fine option, not ever going to be a top CB in the league but passable. If he is our best CB that is not great, if he is our 2nd best CB that is likely decent.

Max Aarons with a huge number of votes... but he has got 1 goal and 1 assist for a team who are top of the Championship. Quite mediocre given the astronomical fee they're likely to charge.

Are we looking for only goals and assists out of our RB?

I remember someone posting a bunch of counting stats for Aurier that made him look good, but we all watched him play him and knew that wasn't close to the truth.

What I like about Aarons is that he is HG, young and can play at both ends. He is far from a perfect option but in a position where there isn't a perfect option I can see why many would chose him.

I would take him and Menino or him and Royal, but taking a 20 year old from Brazil is pretty risky to try and fix our RB situation.

Too expensive is a pretty depressing thought considering that after building the stadium Levy has talked about how world class we are. He is expensive but not Haaland, Ronaldo, Mbappe world class level that we should be unable to handle, but yes Levy probably will cheap out.
To be fair he was too expensive for Man City too last season. Their bid of £65m for Kounde got rejected, and then they had to settle on their second choice, Ruben Dias.
Now his price may have dipped slightly due to the pandemic.

I haven't heard that Konate is a done deal to Liverpool. If so that is pretty concerning that our rivals that already have been CB's then us are likely adding better players than we will.
The Athletic reported it so 99.9% true.

What I like about Aarons is that he is HG, young and can play at both ends. He is far from a perfect option but in a position where there isn't a perfect option I can see why many would chose him.
I just think £30m is a bit dear for him.
I saw him play in PL quite a bit last season, and he didn't seem to be incredible defensively. 1 goal and 1 assist for the best team in championship is worryingly low.

To be fair he was too expensive for Man City too last season. Their bid of £65m for Kounde got rejected, and then they had to settle on their second choice, Ruben Dias.
Now his price may have dipped slightly due to the pandemic.

The Athletic reported it so 99.9% true.

I just think £30m is a bit dear for him.
I saw him play in PL quite a bit last season, and he didn't seem to be incredible defensively. 1 goal and 1 assist for the best team in championship is worryingly low.

Too expensive for what City wanted to pay. They could have offered 80m if they wanted and been just fine. If they are asking too much, fair enough I understand that, but if Levy is saying that we can't afford to pay what he is valued at that is concerning and shows that we are not the world class club he tries to claim we are. You said 65m this is not a Haaland level guy at 100m+. I understand we are not at the City, PSG, Spanish club level but we should be able to buy guys for 65m.

Yes 30m for Aarons is too much for me, but that seems high in my view. He is not a defensive stalwart but an upgrade over Doherty and Aurier defensively. We don't need to start SIssoko to babysit him like we do with Aurier.

Back
Top Bottom