Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quoting me quoting you

How did you do that!?!

tenor.gif

Give a shit let’s hope there is some fun results in other games to enjoy

Get out there enjoy September going to be bloody cold soon

Lets also not forget we were missing Lloris and Dele Alli - who both would have made a different today.

It's obviously frustrating to lose, especially to Liverpool, but I was MUCH more angrier at losing to Watford then I am today.

Just need to make sure we learn from this. Like I said before, a lot of our squad is coming back from injury and are now getting their match fitness back. This is big and important to us. It's down to Poch to now find that formula.

The tactics and formation were completely wrong. Giving their front 3 the amount of space we did was criminal, and every time we had the ball we just smashed it over the top, we played like 1995 Wimbledon, so odd

Then you look at individual performances and it was horrible. I don’t like being negative about our players but Dier isn’t good enough, his passing is awful, positioning non existent and first touch laughable, we need Wanyama back ASAP and he needs to be fit for the season.

Everyone bar maybe Moura and Vertonghen were awful, but Dier, in such an important position on the pitch, was so far out of his depth. Would he get into any other top 6 midfield? Absolutely not imo. Possibly Woolwich but only because Xhaka is even worse

Dier as a destroying centre back is fine by me, but as a midfielder he isn’t viable. Poch needs to decide where he wants him to play and stick to it, and I hope he decides on the former

Let’s shake this off and get back on track

COYS

We need better than Winks if our midfield can compete at top level.

Well yes. However I would say Winks looked fantastic two years ago prior to his injury. Even if he gets back to what he was for the 3-6 month period he played we have maybe an injury prone player.

We need more depth in the middle.

Why do you always cycle between blaming the manager/star players instead of looking at the root causes?

Because when the manager gets it wrong, and the "star players" play like Champo players, then we get games like today.

When they get it right, we're one of the best teams in Europe.

The problem today wasnt because we didnt sign Martial, it was because Poch plays out of form players. Martial would have been on the bench, and got 10 minutes, so it wouldnt make a dfference.

People want signings, but they wouldnt drop Kane.....if we signed Aguero wouldnt they drop Kane?
Isnt it everyone elses fault? Aguero wouldnt make a difference because it the supply?

jeez

No issue from me dropping Kane if he is off form or tired. However I think our midfield is the bigger problem

And replace him with who, what would anyone else have done today with the service he got, he's not superman, we just lumped aimless balls forward and hoped for the best.

Son?

With Lamela and Moura either side. Or Eriksen left with Lamela playing through the middle.

I agree Kane had no help today but the lad looks shot. He needs a break.

If, collectively, players are going to be passive and on the back foot there is very little tactical that can be done to change that.

Our players, for whatever reason have dropped since old Trafford. I suspect why and I think it’s the same reason they dropped after Real Madrid and it’s the same reason they dipped after a great win the season before. Ego. Forgetting you win the game by winning your individual duals. You must fight and be aggressive.

Too many players failed to win their battles. And some. Like Dier and Vorm you just have to shake your head at. They disgraced themselves. No other word for it. They are much better than that shambles today.

Liverpool won’t win the league. They still can’t cope with pressure on their back line and still fade massively in the final 15 minutes. They will go close, but they won’t win.

We won’t go close this year if we don’t wake the fuck up. Been years since we lost 2 in a row. Sleep sleep Tottenham.

Feel that Watford was the damage. Not today, but today feels sore. Roll on Inter.

Last edited:
If we played like shit and managed to equalise through a last minute pen, we're undeserving and lucky...
Had Liverpool/City/Utd/Chelsea done the same, it's the hallmark of Champions apparently!

Guess what? some teams CAN play badly and STILL not lose... we have to be on top of our game at all times apparently, or else we get beaten! ...and if we're under par, we deserve a beating...

FUCKING FOOTBALLING CLICHÉ DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Well yes. However I would say Winks looked fantastic two years ago prior to his injury. Even if he gets back to what he was for the 3-6 month period he played we have maybe an injury prone player.

We need more depth in the middle.
It's not just depth , but it's real quality we are missing .
Dembele is worn out and always lacked any end product .
Winks plays well occasionally but is usually transparent.

Back
Top Bottom