Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As diabolical as we were, Liverpool were gifted the goals and we should have had a penalty at the death. Lots of talk about buying players Pool didn’t look deadly they fluffed genuine chances and lacked last seasons fluidity.
We had a few good periods but lacked urgency and cohesion and they still didn’t tear us to shreds compare the 1 nil drubbing we put on Woolwich last season.
Disappointed but we can do better

And BTW what happened to Salah is he still tired from his World Cup exertions?

I’d rest Kane vs Inter on Tuesday.

- Gazzaniga -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Wanyama - Winks -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Lucas -
- Son -​

If we played like shit and managed to equalise through a last minute pen, we're undeserving and lucky...
Had Liverpool/City/Utd/Chelsea done the same, it's the hallmark of Champions apparently!

Guess what? some teams CAN play badly and STILL not lose... we have to be on top of our game at all times apparently, or else we get beaten! ...and if we're under par, we deserve a beating...

FUCKING FOOTBALLING CLICHÉ DOUBLE STANDARDS!
Why is it that every time we lose the old conspiracy theory that everyone's against us gets peddled out. It's bollocks.

2 weeks now in a row Poch calls for something and the players do the opposite.
Thinking something is bad behind the scenes... We look so soulless, lacking of spirit and unity, they getting pushed and bullied like pansies (Lucas and Lamela did look like they cared though tbf to them).
Passing so bad, players on totally different wavelengths. As soon as they scored you could tell we were finished. Discounting a thunderbastard or real individual brilliance from someone (Lucas so unlucky, and Lamela a great finish, the only 2 who looked bothered), as a team we had no chance getting back into this.
Do we think we have Duncan Ferguson up top?!

I have no problem losing, but this way of losing disgusts me. Dippers were barely in first gear ffs, really shocked at us today. No aggression or fight, powder puff really.

Gutting, and weekend totally shit now.

Exactly. It’s the manner in which you lose. Too many players didn’t go for ball, didn’t react quickly and just didn’t care enough. We lack leadership, and that’s on Kane and the manager but the whole team too. You don’t need an armband to be a leader.

Eriksen just looks like he doesn’t give a fuck. Rose was a shadow of the player from a Tuesday night, let alone two seasons ago. And Kane. Fuck me. He used to press. He used to hunt for the ball and make shit happen. Different formation or not, he just looks too scared to shoot now.

Also, you cannot commit both full backs forward as much, especially when you have a front three as potent as Liverpool’s.

As diabolical as we were, Liverpool were gifted the goals and we should have had a penalty at the death. Lots of talk about buying players Pool didn’t look deadly they fluffed genuine chances and lacked last seasons fluidity.
We had a few good periods but lacked urgency and cohesion and they still didn’t tear us to shreds compare the 1 nil drubbing we put on Woolwich last season.
Disappointed but we can do better

And BTW what happened to Salah is he still tired from his World Cup exertions?
They destroyed us and fully derserved it.
It should have been 4 nil .
There is a major quality difference in midfield today , we haven't the resources to reach their level as they don't stand still.

I thought Harry Winks was meant to be the second coming of Christ the amount of crap people spouted on about him - once again this result has highlighted we have certain areas of weakness within this squad - which were our downfall the previous two seasons and we have done little to address this - our arrogance will bite us in the arse seriously this season!!!

2 teams suffering from midweek internationals. Except we looked worse.
Yet Dier, Rose, Kane , Trippier and just TAA for them played on Tuesday. Most of the rest, I could be wrong, have had a week.
I think Milner, moura Winks were the only ones that started in that lot who didn’t have international duties.

Also, you can’t wave away the stoppage time just because we were shit for the first 90. Ultimately, Spurs did enough to get a point but we didn’t. Every point matters. That’s really where my head is at and why it matters and to not acknowledge it is a disservice.

Of course, the rest of the game matters more in terms of form and upcoming matches, fair enough, you’re assuredly correct in that respect.

I’ll try to stop talking about it now.

I want Kane dropped. But I wanted us to sign someone capable of competing with him.
So I ain't quite getting your point tbh

My point isnt to you then.

Its to people who think Kane playing shite is somehow Dier or whoever elses fault. To people who wouldnt drop Kane, but think we need a new central midfield.

Fair enough of you want competition for Kane, and youd bench him as your point stands up.
Not many were clanging for strikers though this summer, be honest...

Id be happy for Llorente to start at the moment. Said it all along....use the fucking squad Poch FFS.
He said everyone got a clean slate.....guess he meant just Toby and Rose.

What I don't understand is why is Eriksen dropping so deep, so frequently today when we have Dier, Winks & Dembele playing. Such a detachment from midfield to attack today. I don't blame Kane at all, I look at our midfield and saw nobody winning fouls, creating, dictating the tempo it was all so lacking. The moment they won it they either passed backwards or sideways, nobody moved and our ability to get the ball further up the pitch without resorting to a long, stretched pass was alarming. Where have our little triangles gone to create space?

I sense a real lack of belief, hunger and cleverness in our ranks at the moment. We need to get Dele, Eriksen, Son & Kane firing on the same pitch together soon. I still can't believe how easy that was for Liverpool they completely had our card marked from top to bottom

Tactically wrong today, not helped by poor performances, except Moura. What happened to "this team knows each other"? we looked like a bad England side today. No one on the same wave-length. Couldn't string a pass together at times. I don't think Liverpool had to be any good today as we made it so easy for them.

Something just isn't right at the moment...A lack of energy and aggression.

We are WAY better than this, time to show it. COYS

2 weeks now in a row Poch calls for something and the players do the opposite.
Thinking something is bad behind the scenes... We look so soulless, lacking of spirit and unity, they getting pushed and bullied like pansies (Lucas and Lamela did look like they cared though tbf to them).
Passing so bad, players on totally different wavelengths. As soon as they scored you could tell we were finished. Discounting a thunderbastard or real individual brilliance from someone (Lucas so unlucky, and Lamela a great finish, the only 2 who looked bothered), as a team we had no chance getting back into this.
Do we think we have Duncan Ferguson up top?!

I have no problem losing, but this way of losing disgusts me. Dippers were barely in first gear ffs, really shocked at us today. No aggression or fight, powder puff really.

Gutting, and weekend totally shit now.
Nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom