Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because when the manager gets it wrong, and the "star players" play like Champo players, then we get games like today.

When they get it right, we're one of the best teams in Europe.

The problem today wasnt because we didnt sign Martial, it was because Poch plays out of form players. Martial would have been on the bench, and got 10 minutes, so it wouldnt make a dfference.
Please fuck off like you promised

Needed 2 of the Subs at half time, was clear it wasnt working. Dippers would not have been able to commit so many forward with Lamela on the prowl.

2 weeks now in a row Poch calls for something and the players do the opposite.
Thinking something is bad behind the scenes... We look so soulless, lacking of spirit and unity, they getting pushed and bullied like pansies (Lucas and Lamela did look like they cared though tbf to them).
Passing so bad, players on totally different wavelengths. As soon as they scored you could tell we were finished. Discounting a thunderbastard or real individual brilliance from someone (Lucas so unlucky, and Lamela a great finish, the only 2 who looked bothered), as a team we had no chance getting back into this.
Do we think we have Duncan Ferguson up top?!

I have no problem losing, but this way of losing disgusts me. Dippers were barely in first gear ffs, really shocked at us today. No aggression or fight, powder puff really.

Gutting, and weekend totally shit now.

Hey, fuck off with the insults. Not in the mood. Had a re-watch and changed my mind. But, one thing I'm not gonna do, is cry about is as we deserved absolutely fuck all from that game.
so you dont believe otherwise, so your not an idiot

and trust me, if that had been the otherway round, we wouldnt hear the last of it from the liverpool centric sky team.

anyway, i agree we were shite.

we played like 1995 Wimbledon, so odd

Then you look at individual performances and it was horrible. I don’t like being negative about our players but Dier isn’t good enough, his passing is awful, positioning non existent and first touch laughable, we need Wanyama back ASAP and he needs to be fit for the season.

Everyone bar maybe Moura and Vertonghen were awful, but Dier, in such an important position on the pitch, was so far out of his depth. Would he get into any other top 6 midfield? Absolutely not imo. Possibly Woolwich but only because Xhaka is even worse

Dier as a destroying centre back is fine by me, but as a midfielder he isn’t viable. Poch needs to decide where he wants him to play and stick to it, and I hope he decides on the former

Let’s shake this off and get back on track

COYS
If only! I can't remember hoofing it up the pitch ONCE!
Had Hans Segers/Dave Beasant/Neil Sullivan rolled it out to Andy Thorn/Vinnie Jones (or whoever) as much as Vorm did today, Harry Bassett would've gone berserk!

Fuck me, what a come down since the Old Trafford result....Ah, bloody football.

Thing is, and I know I’ll get stick for this, we were dogshit for large parts of the UTD game. The first half was appalling. Fortunately, UTD are average and our talent came through in the second half. We certainly deserved the win.

But we have yet, this season, to put in a commanding, controlled performance where us winning was the only option. We’ve lost our identity.

But he used to make things happen on his own. Credit to you for defending him, but he’s not the same player. It’s sad.
It's true. What the hell's happened to him the last 6+ months? He used to bulldoze around, popping off shots from the box, etc. Now, he seems so static and indecisive. Yeah, he'll still get goals and finish with finesse, but there's something lacking...and it can't just be down to "tiredness"...

There's not a striker in the world who could of done anything with the service we provided today

No but there are plenty who would drop deep (oh, he already was deep) and fight for the ball, run with it, and try and get a fucking shot off.

There are plenty who would have chased everything down, even out of sheer frustration, and hope to feed off the scraps. Plenty of strikers earning 200k a week, that might show some passion, aggression and effort and maybe put a rocket up the midfields arse a bit....or jump for the odd header, or try to create for Moura etc etc etc etc etc etc

The players were flat, the atmosphere was shite. Most of the time Dier, Eriksen Winks and Demble were all withing touching distance of each other in the centre circle.

No one was shouting for the ball and no one wanted it. FFS even throw ins seemed to much for them and they were taking about 1 minute to decide who to throw it to everyone we got one.

Don't think anyone got above a 3/10 today. It's like they weren't even bothered. Dier was by far the worst and I don't think it would have made a difference if he got sent off and we went down to 10 men so bad was his performance.

Our big players failed to make a showing once again.

3 days to sort it out!

Back
Top Bottom