Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People's reaction regarding the Palace result/performance compared to tonight's result/performance.
The difference between Palace and Pool is all on Jose. He got them all wrong vs Palace and Spurs deserved no more than a point. Tonight though Masterclass by Jose and Spurs really really unlucky not at the very least leave w/ a point.

0gix23o3hm561.jpg

We had two great chances tbf. But let's be honest, they were in a lot of dangerous areas and could have had a penalty as well.

We didn't play poorly but aside from a 10 minute window, they controlled the game imo.
EpZAEoqXUAoY4s4

Lastly, I dumped the L on Aurier. I re-watched the play leading up to the corner kick and his hand was forced to kick the ball out over the end-line . Apologies serge.

Mate we did not go today to toe with them, they loaded football and we just got behind ghe ball and didn't even try to take them on.
If we had anx lost you could of definitely had a point but we did the opposite of going toe to toe
So that 20 mins after half-time was an illusion then? We could have beaten them tonight which few teams will even come close to this season at Anfield

The difference between Palace and Pool is all on Jose. He got them all wrong vs Palace and Spurs deserved no more than a point. Tonight though Masterclass by Jose and Spurs really really unlucky not at the very least leave w/ a point.
But based on the reaction, you'd assume the opposite happened. To me, we dropped two points at Palace. Tonight, we dropped one as I think a draw was a fair result.

Masterclass in what way?

Jose got it wrong on many levels today - but he was nearly bailed out.

People being more upset tonight than the Palace result is weird to me.

Palace are thoroughly average and we were outplayed for 60 minutes. Dropping 2 points there sucks.

Liverpool are clearly the biggest obstacle to Spurs winning a title and we played them even and lost on a set piece at the end. Dropped 1 point.

Yeah, I'm ultimately way more annoyed by Palace than here. There are a lot of midtable sides like Palace who we really need to show we can do better against, there are very few like Liverpool at Anfield. It always sucks to lose in the last minute, but I imagine a lot of the clubs around us will be dropping silly points to bottom-14 sides and if we want to get anywhere, we need to edge ahead of them in that table. Some sort of attacking threat outside of Son and Kane, better set piece defending, learning to be less sloppy on the ball. January reinforcements would be very welcome, maybe this helps Mourinho prove to Levy we are not so far off.

We are absolutely screwed if Son gets injured or if South Korea decides to change their minds and call him back for military service. There is no one that can do what he does on this team and I'm afraid we'd struggle to score any goals.

The set piece goal was their best chance by far. Liverpool created a bunch of low quality chances. I don't think Jose will be displeased with our final third defending.
Agreed and we had a similar chance that Harry just didn't put in the net.

We also had Sonny's goal and Stevie's two chances which were better than any Pool chance besides the header.

We looked dangerous in the second half and if I was a Liverpool fan I would have been worried we'd nick it.

The tactics were genius. We were never going to be able to bring it to Liverpool at theirs. No one has in 3 years. Had the bergwin or Kane header gone in we'd all be here celebrating tonight. Unfortunately sometimes this is just the way it goes.

I'm more gutted tonight because of the manner of the loss and the magnitude of the game. Palace pissed me off too, but this tonight is a bitter pill to swallow.
Agree, and so am I in a way, but Palace was a much worse performance. We've played well against the big sides. It's the rest of the table where we seem to have problems.

They barely have any injuries. Watch Mourinho's press conference.

How are people still falling for Klopp's lies in 2020?
Don't be daft. Look who they had at centre half.

Fabinio was taken from his defensive midfield role and put in defence which greatly weakened their centre midfield. So that's a big hole at centre half and also in front of them

No Jota who was literally scoring every game before injury.

It was a great chance to go there and win

Back
Top Bottom