Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Team looked capable of beating Liverpool - though that has been the story for a year or two now. If/when the team overcomes this hill (mountain?), it will be with this core group and Mourinho - that we know now.

Unlucky in the 2nd half - both Bergwijn and Kane had 2 chances each which could easily have gone in.

One of them goes in and its a draw which would probably have been a fair result.

Even though this result really hurts, we didn't really deserve anything from this game if we are all honest. Also Liverpool had some very inexperienced players and we still just gave up possession and really showed no real intent going by the possession we gave up.
You cannot beat teams that are better than you if you don't even try to play.
This us why I have never been a fan of mourinho...

We had unbelievable chances to score. If Kane and Bergwijn were clinical we could score 5 goals in this game.

Liverpool had mostly limp shots straight at the keeper and scored a freak deflection and from a corner kick. We had the better chances than the champions in their own stadium. If Kane is at his normal level we win easily. Positive performance and we showed are a serious team, now we need to keep working hard and improve.

Mourinho not at fault for this, we could have EASILY won had the players been more clinical. Simple as that, I thought we defended well - especially in the second half. Extremely unlucky today.

One thing that keeps re-occcuring this season are setpieces. If there's anything Mourinho should work on, its those. literally EVERY single game we've lost points this season is because of conceding from set pieces. EVERY SINGLE loss/draw
I think it's more than fair to be critical of Mourinho given the first half performance and his subs. Not playing Ndombele is strange.

But we still played well enough to draw away at the reigning Champions, so it's hard to be too critical because it more or less worked.

They scored two goals, one from a deflection and one from a set piece. They hardly played us off the pitch.

We were the better side in the 2nd half and just didn't finish. We actually were ahead in xG as well.

Draw would have been more than fair.
I'm so very confused by people thinking Liverpool outplayed us. It was a fairly even match.

Jesus wept, I can't believe the extent tho which some are going to analyse this..

I kow it hurts, that's obvious, but we went to to toe with the other best team in the league, this was by far the best team we have faced. We lost in the last few minutes to a great headed goal and that's that. You must have seen similar before, with Spurs or in other games you've watched.

I was having a beer with a scouse mate before the game, he said he only hoped it wasn't decided by some bullshit VAR nonsence. It wasn't. The ref had a very good game. There was no controversy, they won, closely, but they won.

Like you teach your kids, you hsve to know how to lose.

Liverpool will lose other games, and draw yet more that thay should have won. So will we. And so will Chelsea, Leicester, City, United and so on. Let's see how the chips fall in the spring
Mate we did not go today to toe with them, they loaded football and we just got behind ghe ball and didn't even try to take them on.
If we had anx lost you could of definitely had a point but we did the opposite of going toe to toe

Jesus wept, I can't believe the extent tho which some are going to analyse this..

I kow it hurts, that's obvious, but we went to to toe with the other best team in the league, this was by far the best team we have faced. We lost in the last few minutes to a great headed goal and that's that. You must have seen similar before, with Spurs or in other games you've watched.

I was having a beer with a scouse mate before the game, he said he only hoped it wasn't decided by some bullshit VAR nonsence. It wasn't. The ref had a very good game. There was no controversy, they won, closely, but they won.

Like you teach your kids, you hsve to know how to lose.

Liverpool will lose other games, and draw yet more that thay should have won. So will we. And so will Chelsea, Leicester, City, United and so on. Let's see how the chips fall in the spring
I stopped reading at toe to toe. More like we stood facing a wall and said come bum us.

Looking back, Jose owned Klopp. Spurs had the much better chances while Liverpool passed the ball around for 90 minutes. If not for 2 missed sitters by Bergwijn and Kane and 2 lucky pool goals (deflection & foul leading up to CK goal), spurs leave Anfield with 3 points. Tactically Jose owned Klopp and Spurs unlucky in the end. 3 points vs LC and back in business. A must 3 points really on Sunday.

As annoying as it was to lose late on I see positives, if we had been clinical with our (gilt-edged) chances we would have won 3-1. We turned up in the second half at least.

I think one or two more signings to give the team more depth would help cement a title push.

Sod's law I thought - could see a Pool winner coming after those two misses.

I'm so very confused by people thinking Liverpool outplayed us. It was a fairly even match.
0gix23o3hm561.jpg

We had two great chances tbf. But let's be honest, they were in a lot of dangerous areas and could have had a penalty as well.

We didn't play poorly but aside from a 10 minute window, they controlled the game imo.

Back
Top Bottom