Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The trouble with the way we will set up, (back six) plays to Liverpools strengths. It guarantees that their best players have lots of the ball and gambles on two things.
1) We will keep their top notch attack out.
2) We score on the counter.

Ideally we want to play the game in their half, like Fulham did for periods of yesterdays match. It exploits their weakest aspect, their defence, and neuters their attacking threat. Sadly it goes against JM instincts and I think there is zero chance that we start with a more attacking line up and game plan.

Lucas has put in mammoth defensive shifts for us though. Plus 3 games in a week.
I'm not against Lucas playing.

Just saying he has played Bergwijn more for the defensive side.

However, I would rather Lucas plays because he will be a threat going the other way. Robertson would think twice before bombing forward.

Delete this.

And never use the word 'trope' in response to one of my posts, again.
particularly when used erroneously

one for pseuds corner, along with the overused "narrative"

why are you obsessed with putting Tangaga in as a holding midfielder, if you want one then move Dier forward and put Rodon in Diers shoes, at least Diers done it at that level before.

Having said that, don't put either of them there.

particularly when used erroneously

one for pseuds corner, along with the overused "narrative"

why are you obsessed with putting Tangaga in as a holding midfielder, if you want one then move Dier forward and put Rodon in Diers shoes, at least Diers done it at that level before.

Having said that, don't put either of them there.

Trope:

• a significant or recurrent theme; a motif.

:dembelefingers:

A great chance for us to feel sorry for Mick Cooper who will suffer immensely from the minutes silence. Let’s just hope he’s ok after.
dickhead
Particularly as he is exactly the right sort of person a tribute like that is right for

wondered how long it would take you to get that post out.
If brains were dynamite Sammy - you couldn't blow your nose

dickhead
Particularly as he is exactly the right sort of person a tribute like that is right for

wondered how long it would take you to get that post out.
If brains were dynamite Sammy - you couldn't blow your nose
I’m so glad you get to decide who’s death is worth a tribute and who’s isnt.
Thank you God.

Trope:

• a significant or recurrent theme; a motif.

:dembelefingers:
"Trope" is one of those garbo postmodern terms that means anything and thus essentially nothing nowadays anyway. The quicker it dies through overuse, the better. Carry on mate!

Ive always taken it to mean a figure of speech, - pseud speak
The problem is that it's used in that sense and about a hundred others. I personally wouldn't call it pseudointellectual but it's definitely a very overused, under-useful word. :)

FWIW, you're totally right that "narrative" is taking a pounding in terms of misuse and overuse. I'm not a prescriptivist by any means but there has to be some limit to how far words can be generalised.

"Trope" is one of those garbo postmodern terms that means anything and thus essentially nothing nowadays anyway. The quicker it dies through overuse, the better. Carry on mate!
e0bG6zg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom