Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin Admin would you mind doing that thing again where you let people see the match thread even if they're ignoring the person who made the thread?
I've set an annoying precedent here.

For things like Player and Transfer threads, I don't mind changing the starter because they're around for months/years. For match threads, you'll just have to temporarily un-ignore the user. It's not really fair I keep changing the starter for any user you've made the decision to ignore. Sorry.

We are enormous underdogs in this game.

Liverpool 11/13 54% chance to win
Draw 56/19 25%
Tottenham 37/10 21% chance to win

I have to wonder what the bettors are seeing that I'm not. Liverpool have serious injury issues and they were dominated for long stretches by Fulham of all teams. This seems to be an excellent matchup for us to play the counter-attacking football we excel at. I like our chances.

For things like Player and Transfer threads, I don't mind changing the starter because they're around for months/years. For match threads, you'll just have to temporarily un-ignore the user. It's not really fair I keep changing the starter for any user you've made the decision to ignore. Sorry.

If it's an annoying precedent, just call it a Trump. "I've set a Trump".

Dad jokes ftw.

I understand. It would be nice if wankers stopped making match threads though!

:kaneshh:

I'm going to be severely conflicted just before kick off tomorrow. Houllier was a genuine gentleman, but his memory will be hijacked by those 6-toed morons in the stands.

I guess they'll be thinking, we're champions, we can put these upstarts in their place (as they have virtually every other team they've played in last 2 years). Of course they haven't lost in the league at Anfield since 2017.

I hope that's how they approach it, with a lack of respect. Because they aren't the same team at the moment. Aston Villa showed that. Let them try to overwhelm us and we can pick them off.

Will be really interesting to see if they show us respect, as Chelsea did, or not. It's in Klopp's DNA to press, so, especially at home I don't see them holding back.

23rd April 2017 since they last lost at home in the PL.

It pains me to say it but I have to salute that record. Chapeau.

It feels to me that a win here will signify something much significant than just the three points. It will represent a shift in the balance of power, Spurs emphatically saying, it's not a fluke, we're here to stay and were here to win.

My confidence is increasing.

23rd April 2017 since they last lost at home in the PL.

It pains me to say it but I have to salute that record. Chapeau.

It feels to me that a win here will signify something much significant than just the three points. It will represent a shift in the balance of power, Spurs emphatically saying, it's not a fluke, we're here to stay and were here to win.

My confidence is increasing.
23rd April - St George's Day. St George was a Christian. Christian Benteke was the scorer on that day.

It's a sign, I tell you. We're going to win 2-1.

Deluded, moi?

23rd April - St George's Day. St George was a Christian. Christian Benteke was the scorer on that day.

It's a sign, I tell you. We're going to win 2-1.

Deluded, moi?

George Mourinho?
Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

RAWK says the con is in

"Without exterior influences, we’ll win. Exterior influences will influence however. Still think we’ll win narrowly but we’ll have to fight tooth and nail."

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Kane Dier Davies Reguilon
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Son

Yeah that's right 7 defensive players. 8 when you consider how much of Kane's day will be spent in and around our own box.

I want to see studs down the backs of legs, standing on toes, upending players jumping for headers, touchline arguments, taking men out while conceding throw ins - the works. Make their piss boil.

Then come away with a sneaky point or 3, so they can cry themselves into conspiracies and how our lower xG's will come undone when we play someone like Chelsea, City, or Liverpool.

I'm betting that half the forum wont see this match thread. Should be some unwritten rule where if you're in the top ten ignored you cant start a match thread
Oh no!
Someone I’ve never heard of or have zero memory of ever interacting with or reading a post of theirs has me on ignore!!!

42 pos reps for the opening post......maybe you’re the outsider twat

Back
Top Bottom