Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to agree unfortunately. Will always love Spurs and have loved seeing us top of the table but I have not enjoyed watching some of the performances. I appreciate that Mourinho is different to previous managers and I accept he has a track record of success but by Jesus it has been hard to watch at times. I know we could have won but can you really be allowing Liverpool 76% possession, 17 attempts at goal and 807 passes to our 250 and still expect to win? Similarly I was delighted that we beat Woolwich but again we allowed them to dominate possession when they are clearly inferior to us. Park the bus counter attack football will only work if everyone is consistently clinical in front of goal and clearly we are not
You can if you create chances and put them away
We created but couldn’t finish
I don’t care how pretty it is
I want to win
Klopp knows they got out of jail tonight

Some of the posts on here

we’ve just taken 7 points off the goons, city, chelsea away and dippers away

We’ve had our worst run of fixtures for the entire season (we’ve also played united away)

We are 3 points off top with a fuck load of games left

Losing in the last minute at anfield won’t define our season

We’ll be there till the end, mark my words
:tobyarm::mourthumb::adesalute:
Spot on.

Even though this result really hurts, we didn't really deserve anything from this game if we are all honest. Also Liverpool had some very inexperienced players and we still just gave up possession and really showed no real intent going by the possession we gave up.
You cannot beat teams that are better than you if you don't even try to play.
This us why I have never been a fan of mourinho...

Jesus wept, I can't believe the extent to which some are going to analyse this..

I know it hurts, that's obvious, but we went toe-to-toe with the other best team in the league, this was by far the best team we have faced. We lost in the last few minutes to a great headed goal and that's that. You must have seen similar before, with Spurs or in other games you've watched.

I was having a beer with a scouse mate before the game, he said he only hoped it wasn't decided by some bullshit VAR nonsence. It wasn't. The ref had a very good game. There was no controversy, they won, closely, but they won.

Like you teach your kids, you have to know how to lose.

Liverpool will lose other games, and draw yet more that they should have won. So will we. And so will Chelsea, Leicester, City, United and so on. Let's see how the chips fall in the spring

Last edited:
Time to regroup. We are better than this lot.
Well we need to play like as if we are rather than playing behind some sort of curtain as if we scared . This is just typical Maureen where doesn’t matter what quality players we have he makes us look as if we a non league Minnie playing a top team . Fucking stupid! May get away with it sometimes but it’s not sustainable. Pool were were there to be attacked but we played like pussies. It’s not as we were like those teams who do the same to use and we Crete f all. We were letting them get into our box so often even with all our players back and let them get shots in. Look at the build to corner for their winner we just let hendo run through no presses. This is why I do think this tactic will work as all the players think we have enough players back to cut out the danger so they just stand there and don’t press. Compare the energy pool played with compared to our leethargic display. We just relied on long balls which most of the time gave the call back to them. £15m/ yr for that type of football. Scoot”s Fulham did more than we did to them !

Even though this result really hurts, we didn't really deserve anything from this game if we are all honest. Also Liverpool had some very inexperienced players and we still just gave up possession and really showed no real intent going by the possession we gave up.
You cannot beat teams that are better than you if you don't even try to play.
This us why I have never been a fan of mourinho...
They scored two goals, one from a deflection and one from a set piece. They hardly played us off the pitch.

We were the better side in the 2nd half and just didn't finish. We actually were ahead in xG as well.

Draw would have been more than fair.

He did! And that's what fucking infuriates me! He's not a human being. Okay, he's from Kenya, and the nationals are good at running there, but this is something else.

He didn't press well at all today.

Salah did however. And he was pretty much done from the 75th minute.

People being more upset tonight than the Palace result is weird to me.

Palace are thoroughly average and we were outplayed for 60 minutes. Dropping 2 points there sucks.

Liverpool are clearly the biggest obstacle to Spurs winning a title and we played them even and lost on a set piece at the end. Dropped 1 point.

They barely have any injuries. Watch Mourinho's press conference.

How are people still falling for Klopp's lies in 2020?
They had two first choice players out. Gomez/Jota are not starters in their best XI.

People are acting like it's the fucking U23 squad. We had much worse injuries last year.

Back
Top Bottom