SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Byj5tpRIQAAD9yT.jpg

How I'm feeling!

Starting with Ade and Naughton

Not bringing on Soldado for Ade

Taking off Eriksen for Lennon instead of Chadli
I agree that Soldado should have been brought on for Ade, but Eriksen looked like he was about to die, and I really think that Naughton earned his place in the starting lineup for this match

Lamela still mixing the goodies a bit but had his 6th assist today (all comps) not too shabby for a flop. Chadli 4 goals. Same tag.

We played with pride and desire and earned our point. Think we got a bit too careful after grabbing the lead but that's just me being a negative twat.

Last edited:
Fucking hell, I was in a board meeting the whole day and still managed to watch a stream as the game happened. I'm very happy for the game we played. It was really exciting and we really looked like playing with heart. Could have actually won the game, but I'm happy for the result.

:dier:

Alright alright alright, that was a great result and hopefully will put the doom mongers away for a while

The goalkeeper and defence were magnificent, well drilled, with Younes back to 2010 form with Jan we'll have no problems back there, Ade looks like another different incarnation of himself, I wonder if he is healthy/fully fit as is not the guy winning us games last year, I say maybe chadli a stint up front. Midfield we barely had any of the ball but neither did Dortmund, positionally sound but need to create more, play like this against other teams we will only get points if our forwards become more consistent. compare this to the last few results there, great point

Thank you to the charismatic ChiTownSpurs ChiTownSpurs for getting me to leave the house and come to Atlantic bar, I have to say spending the game with him and the fans down there was infinitely more enjoyable than going to the lane last week. great support, positive attitudes. They know the tactics, passionate, know all the songs, havent heard the "wengerbus is coming" in ages. Girls bring in cupcakes and you can even grab one of them and bury your head in her tits when we score, the formula works

I also met JDK JDK who joined us before he moves to London, and he is worth every one of his Reps, as sound and passionate in person as his reps show you, super intelligent, for those back home make a point to meet him in London when he moves next week and invite him for a beer.

Onwards and upwards, COME ON YOU SPURS

Thrilling NL Derby and fair result for me.

Poch got his tactics spot on thru the first 60. High press, creating turnovers, working the counter and the deserved lead

Of course, after that, Spurs do there usual routine of going into their shell, sitting back, hoping for the win and seeing AFC get the neutralizer. Would've like them to continue with the same strategy and going after that 2nd goal.

Either way, the backline, Lloris and Capoue were all top shelf. Credit to them especially Kaboul.

Overall, a positive result for sure and something to build off moving forward

Captain cunt and the 'glory' hunters.
I Don't understand Chadli's booking. Especially after what Walcott did to our supporters last season.
Is it also ok, when celebrating your FA cup win against Hull the day after at Islington Town hall, for a professional footballer to take the mike and engage the crowd with: 'what d'you think of Tottenham'..........shit ....'what d'you think of shit'...Tottenham. How wilshire was never reprimanded for that I don't know.

Banned from being served alcohol today, vigorously frisked and paying a premium for it was a load of bollocks too.
Basically saying 'Drink as much Alcohol as you can before the game as you can't buy none inside for 2 hrs' is hardly sensible is it?
Have we ever done that when they play at ours? I say give them the upper corner at Park lane and refuse to sell them food, water or Alcohol and strip search them with full split and squat routine. Make them feel as welcome as they do us...oh, and charge them £65 a pop for the pleasure.

Alright alright alright, that was a great result and hopefully will put the doom mongers away for a while

The goalkeeper and defence were magnificent, well drilled, with Younes back to 2010 form with Jan we'll have no problems back there, Ade looks like another different incarnation of himself, I wonder if he is healthy/fully fit as is not the guy winning us games last year, I say maybe chadli a stint up front. Midfield we barely had any of the ball but neither did Dortmund, positionally sound but need to create more, play like this against other teams we will only get points if our forwards become more consistent. compare this to the last few results there, great point

Thank you to the charismatic ChiTownSpurs ChiTownSpurs for getting me to leave the house and come to Atlantic bar, I have to say spending the game with him and the fans down there was infinitely more enjoyable than going to the lane last week. great support, positive attitudes. They know the tactics, passionate, know all the songs, havent heard the "wengerbus is coming" in ages. Girls bring in cupcakes and you can even grab one of them and bury your head in her tits when we score, the formula works

I also met JDK JDK who joined us before he moves to London, and he is worth every one of his Reps, as sound and passionate in person as his reps show you, super intelligent, for those back home make a point to meet him in London when he moves next week and invite him for a beer.

Onwards and upwards, COME ON YOU SPURS
How do I get there?

I thought all the lads played a part, except Ade who was a passenger, what other team would have left him on for the 90 ?
Hugo and Kaboul immense.

Regarding the subs

Def would've preferred Lamela instead of Eriksen. Easily brings the most calmness in possession which was completely lost with his departure

Fine with Lennon which seemed wise at the time

And for those peoples who wanted Danny Welbeck

Completely MIA today until his lovely dummy on AOX's goal. How on earth he missed that ball completely defies the law of physics really.

Back
Top Bottom