SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

shoudn't be.. it was actually the perfect time, a la we won from what we did... maybe those few minutes will help him on Sunday?
In a footballer’ mentality, unless he is injured, being subbed is a blow to the self confidence. Under Jose, Bale suffered some of that and now we have the opportunity to really drive Bale to produce his best.
Should have left him on.

I saw this and spat out my tea. You know I'm going to be honest. Absolutely hate Mourinho so find it hard to be objective. Was that actually better? Because I think it was. Just a bit. Simply because we had a go and actually played a little pass and move. Mostly through N'dombele Son Bale and the hugely erratic Moura. Locelso is a bit of a riddle and Hoijberge side ways back wards kills too much of our momentum. Lots to work on but there was also a bit of bottle after going behind. Its clear a few had stopped trying for Jose
Second half was really good. Overall it wasn't that different to, say, the recent 4-1 over Crystal Palace. But the key thing is the players didn't give up after going behind, didn't give up after the disallowed goal, and didn't sit back after going ahead - all of which have been recent traits under Mourinho.

I thought I just heard a commentator say that was the first time we won a game this season after being down at half. There's no way that's true right?

The first half showed how Southampton really wanted to stuff it to us, because of ESL, but the second half showed the gulf between us and them.

Class.

I thought I just heard a commentator say that was the first time we won a game this season after being down at half. There's no way that's true right?
I think it is - first Soton game we made it 1-1 in the 45th minute. Usually we'd get a goal and try to hold on. Or not get a goal and lose.

Not for me anymore. Can't deny his effort but he's had too many chances. You say he's in Kane's spot but there's balls bouncing off him and all sorts. Either play Vinicious or Bale up there.
Bale plays there on Sunday I reckon - GLC right and Winks in the 3

As always I enjoyed the 3 points, by hook or by Crooks (and Archibald) in the first instance and who cares about the previous 96 minutes, hey what?

Putting it all in perspective I'm torn between (fcuk me) these players really wanted rid of the frozen one and/or is the win really that unexpected when you realise that Soton are bottom of the form table even below Sheffield U ffs!

Also not jumping on the bandwagon going overboard about Gareth (even tho I loves him to death) he's a luxury player who's does eff all except score the odd goal and wins us the game, whereas Moura works his little socks off and creates eff all...life's like that.:balescream:🇧🇷

Back
Top Bottom