SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If mason was in charge ( or anybody other than Jose) in the game’s against Newcastle and Everton we would have won both and had an easy 4 points and would have had a great shot at top 4😢

How much of this was Southampton's own doing? They pressed like crazy in the first half, Ings sprinting back to his own box to make clearances. They faded big time.

Then Ings going off injured was a big moment.
They always do, strange tactics or lack of fitness/ decent subs to bring on. Either way I've noticed it most games I've seen them.

If mason was in charge ( or anybody other than Jose) in the game’s against Newcastle and Everton we would have won both and had an easy 4 points and would have had a great shot at top 4😢
Been saying this for weeks, Levy too slow again. Should have shot him before Newcastle

As always I enjoyed the 3 points, by hook or by Crooks (and Archibald) in the first instance and who cares about the previous 96 minutes, hey what?

Putting it all in perspective I'm torn between (fcuk me) these players really wanted rid of the frozen one and/or is the win really that unexpected when you realise that Soton are bottom of the form table even below Sheffield U ffs!

Also not jumping on the bandwagon going overboard about Gareth (even tho I loves him to death) he's a luxury player who's does eff all except score the odd goal and wins us the game, whereas Moura works his little socks off and creates eff all...life's like that.:balescream:🇧🇷

Like I said, the performance was poor in the first half but I thought our defenders were the better performers. Second half Southampton didn’t have sniff because we kept the fucking ball which relieved the defence of pressure.
The defense played better because we had better control and possession in the 2nd half. We can't just look at these things in a vacuum.

And to your point the defense, especially the back 4, was fine in the first half outside of two instances (the amazing Hugo save right at the start and the very good header from Ings for the goal). It was the pressing positioning being off leading to huge gaps in the center of the park that was the main issue.

It was the pressing positioning being off leading to huge gaps in the center of the park that was the main issue.
I agree with that, I even said it in the match thread, this was a constant thing happening with Mourinho (and if you look at the analysis, he had it at Man Utd too), hopefully we address that in the upcoming weeks.

I agree with that, I even said it in the match thread, this was a constant thing happening with Mourinho (and if you look at the analysis, he had it at Man Utd too), hopefully we address that in the upcoming weeks.
Same thing but for different reasons. A lot of 2019 Poch in our pressing today. Bale called out the positioning in his post-match and he was 100% correct. But it's something that takes time so it's not a shock it was still haphazard.

Back
Top Bottom