Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have Newcastle after that. 🤣
day rage GIF

---------------------Vicario------------------
Porro--Phillips/Emerson--Davies--Udogie
----------------Sarr----Hojbjerg------------
-------------------Bentancur----------------
----Kulu-----‐-----------------------Johnson-
---------------------Son--------------------

I think it'll ultimately be this (With Emerson starting).

I think the only decision Ange has to make is whether to start Bentancur or Lo Celso really.

I'm just praying that neither Dier nor LoCelso start. In fact, I don't really want to see either of them on the pitch at all, if possible. They will contribute nothing and cause problems.

I'm just praying that neither Dier nor LoCelso start. In fact, I don't really want to see either of them on the pitch at all, if possible. They will contribute nothing and cause problems.
Such a poor take.

GLC actually did something when he came on vs Wolves. In fact we were much better when he came on, he should have started that game.

---------------------Vicario------------------
Porro--Phillips/Emerson--Davies--Udogie
----------------Sarr----Hojbjerg------------
-------------------Bentancur----------------
----Kulu-----‐-----------------------Johnson-
---------------------Son--------------------
Must be nice to have a starting 11 with English players in it...obviously fuck Dier and Skippy ain't too good either, but it does piss me off how we've become one of them clubs that automatically turns to foreign players. I know English talent comes with a premium but eff me, even the Blue mongrels & the cunts down the road have more HG kids now...

Dier and PEH both played that game too.

Young lo Celso came on so the unfit French guy could come off for some coffee and fondant fancies (I imagine that’s what they eat in France for an afternoon “tea”).
Scored after 35 seconds on the pitch.

Put us top of the league too. Man City were 11th!!!!

Just goes to show anything can happen in a football game.

We have always got decent results against City, although the Conte wins were the only ones where we actually tried to play football. The game with the Kane winner we outplayed them in every aspect really.

Just goes to show anything can happen in a football game.

We have always got decent results against City, although the Conte wins were the only ones where we actually tried to play football. The game with the Kane winner we outplayed them in every aspect really.

At home we have had their number for quite a while now haven’t we. Not away though.

We tend to struggle up there just as much as we do ok.

Just looked. We had 4 shots. They had 22

:dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol: :dawsonlol:

Those thinking Dier will be dropped for a kid with a handful of lower division games under his belt are living in fantasy land.

How many times have I heard our fans blind faith in chucking players in over the years.. Be it Rodon, Clarke, Njie, Gil, Sessegnon, Scarlett, Phillips etc.

They stink the place out and do their development more harm than good. Fans with fuck all knowledge, experience or supporting evidence genuinely and furiously believe they know better than some of the best coaches in the world.

Those thinking Dier will be dropped for a kid with a handful of lower division games under his belt are living in fantasy land.

How many times have I heard our fans blind faith in chucking players in over the years.. Be it Rodon, Clarke, Njie, Gil, Sessegnon, Scarlett, Phillips etc.

They stink the place out and do their development more harm than good. Fans with fuck all knowledge, experience or supporting evidence genuinely and furiously believe they know better than some of the best coaches in the world.
do you know what Villa have in abundance? pace and movement.

Do you know what Eric Dier has the most trouble with? pace and movement.

Starting him would be absolute suicide.

Why not give him a try? After 4.5 years of ceding possession, sitting deep and playing panic football with Hoj as DM we know exactly what to expect
beclause we can't afford to be a player down before the ball is even kicked.

Hojbjerg imo was pretty poor against Wolves BUT he should have got an assist with a very nice pass to Johnson who fluffed his lines. That's the thing with Hojbjerg, he doesn't go into hide mode like Dier, Lo Celso and Gil and can contribute even when playing bad.

Such a poor take.

GLC actually did something when he came on vs Wolves. In fact we were much better when he came on, he should have started that game.

Yes. He really won us the game.

Despite coming on 1:0 and game finishing 1:2.

Wait, or maybe... if we could have played this poor football until the end and won it 1:0 it would have been better? Would you.. well agree. That actually winning the game instead of losing would have in fact been a better result? :sonhmm:

Yes. He really won us the game.

Despite coming on 1:0 and game finishing 1:2.

Wait, or maybe... if we could have played this poor football until the end and won it 1:0 it would have been better? Would you.. well agree. That actually winning the game instead of losing would have in fact been a better result? :sonhmm:

If not Gio you're relying on Skipp as I don't think Bentancur can play 90 mins just yet.

Back
Top Bottom