Spurs v West Ham United Football Club - Sunday 20 March 16:30 (ON SKY IN THE UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we've been wildly frustrating the last few months, but some of the football we've played in the last two months we haven't seen since peak Pochettino. There are things to be positive about.

When we first signed Reggie I thought that was it, we'd finally signed a top quality left wing back that would be the envy of many top teams. I thought he would be bold and dynamic in his play, get 5+ assists a season and just be a general nuisance going forward.

Instead, he's completely the opposite.

Very timid on the ball when he's trying to beat his man and go down the line and just doesn't contribute anywhere near enough to the team as a whole. His modus operandi when going down the line is to U turn and pass to Sonny.

Apart from this badly timed moan, we're playing so well going forward on the right! COYS! 😁

Benta and Kulu have taken us up a level imo, more signings like that in the summer and we will be a force.

Proof that it isn't about what you spend but HOW you spend.
Romero too IMO. We're not nearly as calamitous when playing out the back.

I know we've been wildly frustrating the last few months, but some of the football we've played in the last two months we haven't seen since peak Pochettino. There are things to be positive about.
It may not be peak Poch ball. But our squad is looking more and more like a prime vertical attacking side. Just got to set the pressing system so that we can win the ball back further up field.

I want to see us play with a "3 seconds to shoot after winning the ball" mindset.

Back
Top Bottom