Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That looked a really bad one. I would say there is no chance we will see him til the new year.

Also does anyone know did Maddison get a kick in his ankle at any stage before he went down? It not that could be a really, really serious one. Ruptured Achilles the very worst case scenario…
It wasn’t that bad.

He walked off. If it was a ruptured achilles he wouldn’t have been able to move.

Hate to say it, but we need some Conte tactics for the second half. We don’t have the personnel in the back now for a high line but we do have some pace if we can muster the counter. Wonder what Ange will say at half time

No we don't.

Inviting a hungry Chelsea team onto a defence consisting of Emerson and Dier as centre backs would be a disaster.

We can play a little deeper than half way but we need to just play our game and make them worry too.

Conte would have had us sit back and soak up every inch of pressure. Which in turn is just inviting Chelsea to score.

We absolutely won't because it is absolutely by the letter of the law a red card.

Yeah… probably just my spurs tinted glasses. Watching the replay again now, without the hysteria, it ticks the red box. Anyway, cunt Oliver had let the game go to shambles too early, it was a circus from about 15 mins on. If sonny was onside for the second, I think we would’ve crushed them.

Surely we appeal the Romero red. Played the ball. Opponent coming in just as quick in the opposite direction… didn’t go over the ball (as much as the pundits think he did). The act of kicking with the instep makes the contact unavoidable.

But Jesus, it’s all turned to a bin fire now. Hopefully we can regroup at the break and fight for something here.
Can’t agree with that it was a nasty challenge.

However I hope we go to the league and find out why Sterling isn’t getting booked for diving

it's embarrassing to read people saying the game is rigged and we're being robbed of decisions. we've ridden our luck to the absolute extreme this season and tonight we've run out of chips.
YOU'RE an embarrassment for saying this.

Ridden our fucking luck? The Liverpool game was literally the only time we have had the benefit of any form of luck.

We have EARNED our fucking position in the league and if you can't see that officials over the course of the season seem to fuck us more than they favour us you are blind my friend, it's been the case pretty much ever since I have supported Spurs.

This isn't the Liverpool "woe is me" narrative either, no team that I can think of has had so many bizzare shit decisions against them like we have in the PL.

Every single game teams get away with kicking the shit out of us with barely a yellow to show for it, every talking media head out there WAITING for our downfall so they can start the "spursy" narrative.

mate it's a red.

it doesn't matter if he played the ball as he decided to do the most unnecessary nasty follow through for no fucking reason.
He's a Great Assets. VDV and Romero arguably the best CB pairing on a Good Day. Unfortunately it comes with a hot head That leaves us exposed when we can least afford it. Easier to stay calm when you almost sure you going to win, a bit different when you under pressure and things aren't going your way.

Fuck the next few games without certain players.

Does getting a point here, going on 27 points with 10 men and losing Maddison and VDV make us legit??

Back
Top Bottom