Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's embarrassing.

Another implosion against our bitter rivals when they were on the floor with the manager under pressure following another humiliating home defeat to Brentford .

While we had a golden chance to put some distance between ourselves and the pack and capitalise on the weekends good fortune.

We blew it. Pure and simple. Bottled it.

Dr Tottenham in all his glory.

The reaction from some of our fans has been absolutely cringeworthty
Heeeyyyy! There he is!

Missed you while we were winning!

Will enjoy your presence just til Saturday hopefully!

:angehug:

It's embarrassing.

Another implosion against our bitter rivals when they were on the floor with the manager under pressure following another humiliating home defeat to Brentford .

While we had a golden chance to put some distance between ourselves and the pack and capitalise on the weekends good fortune.

You are a fucking idiot. Thank fuck we don’t lose much

It's embarrassing.

I'm still fucking seething and confused in equal measure... If that helps?

It was one game.

It happens to every team. As do injuries.

No need for it to derail us any further. No excuses for not going to Wolves and winning
...but it all seemed to happen in THE ONE game!

Maybe that's better than it happening regularly over 10-15 matches, yes, this WAS one game, but it was a very painful one to see...
Especially after the start we had...

Son's offside seemed to change EVERYTHING! (as did Dier's in the 2nd half) but that only would've clawed it back to 2-2, and potentially we'd have ended up losing 4-2 anyway...

2-0 after 12 minutes would (almost) have been game over...
How did we let it go to shit so soon after that?
It was almost instant regression of past year's failings.

I love Romero and Udogie, but they proper hamstring us there... (no pun intended VDV!)

It's embarrassing.

jesus
you can be a real flesh crawling embarrassment at times.

that sums it up, but i dont understand why we were so juiced. It wasn't a cup final, we weren't super hyped against Woolwich, or united or pool i think.
Playing a mid table club at home, should've been cooler. was it players hearing about poch all week i wonder
You have to remember that those Nazi Chavs are past masters at winding up the opposition. They know exactly which buttons to press and , unfortunately, we played into their hands. We need to be cooler as you said and not so hot headed, don't drop down to their level.
Also agree that the lead up with everyone talking about Poch in the media stoked the fire. Again, we need to be bigger and learn to ignore the crap that constantly comes our way. Leave the name calling and fighting to the fans.

Is that really true though Steve? This Chelsea team has really struggled to break teams down. We struggled to break down 9 man Liverpool.

I don't even think we had to go full bus park, but just drop maybe 10-20 yards.

And, as I said above, if your are going to hold a line, you have to work smarter at pressing the ball ahead of that line. lets be honest here, Chelsea racked up the highest XG in the PL this season last night.

We didn't really create anything until we went 2-1 down and took even bigger risks, which then led to us going 3-1 and 4-1.

If tactics like this are what are going to go with Ange and all the good stuff, I'll take it, because looking forward to football every week trumps winning the league or cups for me, you could call it brave, but the logical part of my brain can't call last night "smart". IMO the high line with 9 men and Dier/Hojbjerg as CB's, with poor ball pressure was even more likely to yield up a goal than being a bit more defensively pragmatic.
We don’t stop, mate.

that sums it up, but i dont understand why we were so juiced. It wasn't a cup final, we weren't super hyped against Woolwich, or united or pool i think.
Playing a mid table club at home, should've been cooler. was it players hearing about poch all week i wonder

I think if Sonny’s goal had stood it would have been a comfortable win for us

For some reason that sparked the Chav cunts and we got sucked in

You have to remember that those Nazi Chavs are past masters at winding up the opposition. They know exactly which buttons to press and , unfortunately, we played into their hands. We need to be cooler as you said and not so hot headed, don't drop down to their level.
Also agree that the lead up with everyone talking about Poch in the media stoked the fire. Again, we need to be bigger and learn to ignore the crap that constantly comes our way. Leave the name calling and fighting to the fans.
I think they were channeling us in the ground. Tough as it’s great that we have influence again but maybe not that type! Although it might be better than sucking the ball into our own net through nerves so…!

I don’t know what it quite is either but Tottenham v Chelsea seems like a massive grudge match every season now.

I mean, I hate Chelsea anyway…

I wish we had just been street smart when their players had been trying to tough us up.

Romero will have to learn quickly or he’ll sell himself and younger players like MVdV will be brought in.

Chelsea literally finished 12th last season and are currently 10th this season. Strange team to pick.

Man City have lost double the games we have this season. Bumps can happen. It's about reacting.
The team have done brilliantly, but going to be a tough ask of them, with the squad decimated by injuries.

The team have done brilliantly, but going to be a tough ask of them, with the squad decimated by injuries.

I think any one system is stronger than the sum of its parts.

These players have been training this system since July. We still have our strongest attackers available and our best midfielders.

Teams will get chances against a weakened defence but we were giving up chances with our strongest defence and had to rely on Vicario at times anyway.

We're still going to play the same way, play great football and get results.

I think any one system is stronger than the sum of its parts.

These players have been training this system since July. We still have our strongest attackers available and our best midfielders.

Teams will get chances against a weakened defence but we were giving up chances with our strongest defence and had to rely on Vicario at times anyway.

We're still going to play the same way, play great football and get results.
Totally correct mate. Trust the system and good pros like we have got will step in and still make it work. Yes with Mickey out we might get caught more but we will still dominate the ball on Saturday and our front players will step up and win us the game and take the pressure off our defence.

Madders being fit is so vital for us as we will play through and create with him more than any other player. I’ve said before,I’m at the stage where I trust the way we play no matter who is in the team. Of course we do t have our strongest 11 available but we are still very capable of winning games against everyone.

Back
Top Bottom