Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

James Maddison snaps back at John Terry following Instagram post

James Maddison snaps back at John Terry following Instagram post

‘JT’ up there will Pol Pot, Fred West and Stalin IMO

JT is the perfect example of the kind of human that the premier league has always awarded with favouritism during the sky oligarchy.

He’s a dirty cheat that even his teammates couldn’t trust around their wives.

You only have to look at UTD, Woolwich and Chelsea consistently winning with rapists and abusive cunts in their team to know what they are looking to reward.

They will praise Ange for his integrity but miraculously it will be the JTs of this world, the Parteys and the financially doped City and Newcastle that end up getting lucky when it counts.
Yep. Thick Chelsea cunts blindly have their mouths around the cocks of Saudi Arabia like some form of giant sport washing gloryhole

Until we turn the results around against them they will always have the last word in those kinds of exchanges.
You have to go route one with Terry ... his Mum, cheating on Bridge, his racism. That's where you hit him. Not suggesting Maddison should go that way, but it is the recipe for success.
I would like to smash him up with a JCB. The sight of that bastard, Cole, Lampard hounding referees on our ground used to send me into a complete rage

In the 15 minutes or so this game was about football, we battered them.

Once the game changed to be about the officiating and the refs took over, we lost.

Need to learn how to win games with the refs when they take over a game like that.

It's that classic thing we kid ourselves with .. NOW is a good time to play them, they're awful at the moment... We've said it countless times against them, the Arse, Man Utd, Liverpool, and SO often been proved wrong...
They ALL turn up for Tottenham... Doesn't matter where either of us are in the table.... Chelsea fucking DESPISE us, as do half the Premier League!

Do you think we'd have been given the 'free ride' to the titie like Leiectser were? Not a bit of it...
Everyone (bar us) wanted them to win... Everyone (bar us again) wanted to beat US!

It's like driving the WRONG way up a motorway, when everyone is going in the opposite direction...

Had it happen twice in my life: once, the day after my Mum died, England won the Rugby World Cup, and it felt like I was the only person NOT celebrating...

...and getting engaged the day before the night Diana died... When it felt like I was the only one of two celebrating!

It's a weird feeling, I'll tell you that
Like a fever dream, but real!
As a Scandinavian i probably don't get it!

But WHY does everyone hate Spurs??

A well run club, don't spend money we don't have(unlike many others), a history of playing entertaining football, a rich European history! I just don't get it?!

Can someone British on here explain it? Personally, as an outsider, the only real reason i can find is the Jewish connection?!

Last edited:
I get the sentiment of some of the praise but it doesn't sit well with me.

We lost our heads and got pumped by a shit team. I don't care if Dier or PEH tried hard.
Well you're not wrong!

Is this gonna be the second time we end a title chance against Chelski? Because we lost our heads?

This gotta stop! Pretty sure we would have won easily this time if we had been cool!

In the 15 minutes or so this game was about football, we battered them.

Once the game changed to be about the officiating and the refs took over, we lost.

Need to learn how to win games with the refs when they take over a game like that.

It was strange wasn't it.

After 20 minutes or so, we stopped playing our game. We allowed Chelsea into it more and more. We can use inexperience and youth as an excuse but that was a Chelsea team with an average age of 24 years old (and that's with a 39 year old centre back)

Ange is a big man motivator, possibly the best around. But it's like he got them too up for it. Tackles flying in when an air of calm was needed. We had them where we wanted fhem. We were ahead, they had to come forward more and leave more space and we lost our heads.

I doubt it'll happen again under Ange and whilst I am proud of those that laid it out there, it's a massive opportunity missed to go 5 clear of Woolwich and Liverpool as well as going top. Especially as we could have then gone 5 top and 8 clear of them for a few hours with a win on Saturday.

Is what it is. It's a game of football at the end of the day and not worth dwelling on.

We would all have rather we won than lost.

But there was huge character in that loss.

If we beat wolves and Chelsea get anything off City, it's just a blip.

Of course there are longer term ramifications withbthe injuries and suspensions, but they fought. Fought hard. The score line was not a reflection of the game.
Everytime the club get on a decent run over the years, something comes along to derail it.
Don't see clubs like city and Chelsea having these disasters, but then they have better squad depth and can cope I suppose.

But WHY does everyone hate Spurs?? A well run club, don't spend money we don't have(unlike many others), a history of playing entertaining football, a rich European history! I just don't get?!
Can someone British on here explain it? Personally, as an outsider, the only real reason i can find is the Jewish connection?!
It's the ONLY reason!!

It's certainly not jealousy over our all conquering trophy haul down the years!

Everytime the club get on a decent run over the years, something comes along to derail it.
Don't see clubs like city and Chelsea having these disasters, but then they have better squad depth and can cope I suppose.

It was one game.

It happens to every team. As do injuries.

No need for it to derail us any further. No excuses for not going to Wolves and winning

Chelsea literally finished 12th last season and are currently 10th this season. Strange team to pick.

Man City have lost double the games we have this season. Bumps can happen. It's about reacting.

Well that's bollocks. They've been a mid-table outfit for a long stretch of time and they struggle at both ends of the pitch. They're not the kind of team (i.e Manchester City) where if you go down to 10 you know they're going to control it and pass you to death to use that extra man.

Absolutely still on if they keep their heads and play the game the way Liverpool did vs us.
We didn’t though Ange wanted us even higher than we play with Mvdv and cuti. We made it to easy for them to attack us. They didn’t to conjure up anything special just a well timed pass and run. We got lucky a few times but if you keep letting them try them gonna get caught out a few times. It’s not like we were really pressing. Skipp was just running around half hearted towards players. I think Gil may have been a better option. He can run and has decent ball control. Also not afraid to get stuck in.
In truth we did not make them work hard enough to create chances. All 3 goals in 2nd half were from beating the high line. They looked awful in general play. Why we didn’t drop back and play on the counter I don’t know. They would have struggled to break us down. As it is I think PEH and royal played well given the circumstances. Feeling is we could have got a point had adopted similar tactics to dippers did with us.

what bit did he look good at? all i saw was him struggling to chase chelsea players that were quicker than him?
Maybe the bit where he scored the goal is a good start?
Dont get me wrong Dier is not the answer, but he isn't half as bad as we all make out sometimes and he gave his all on Monday night so even though I dont want him at Spurs he has earned my respect.

What we saw on Monday night was a manager saying fuck you to the what everyone thinks you should do in that situation. And people need to understand that Ange will go to win every game no matter what. If we had went up 2-1 we wouldn’t have stayed that high. It’s refreshing that we have a manager that won’t settle for nothing but winning and sometimes you lose or draw because of that mentality but I guarantee we will win a lot more having this monster mentality.
We asked for this and now we’ve got it so embrace it and stop asking for something you don’t want. Just remember last season and ask yourself what you’d prefer.
Stop looking for negativity and trust what’s happening because we will be successful with this manager. Whether that’s this season,the next or after that but I’m all in for it.

Back
Top Bottom