Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd go as far as saying that's our starting line up for our opening day game in the league - though I imagine Wanyama slots in for Winks/Dembele.

If the Roma game was anything to go by, we aren't going to just relax. I want us to absolutely go for this and just blitz them.

I'm quite taken aback by how many Spurs fans there are in US.

I get a bit excited if I meet someone at work who's a yid... yet 5,000 miles away in Murrica there are literally thousands of them all over the place. It's bizarre, and awesome, in equal doses.
Amazing. 20 years ago you'd have to look at certain bars in NY in suspicious hours to find some yids and most had some English history to them. I was quite skeptical of this new US market but it seems like a hit

It will be interesting to see if Winks is up for it after such a long lay off.
We could definitely trouble their back 3, which is shit really.

They will play Fernandinho with the two full backs coming inside I suppose.
Otherwise a cm pairing of Silva Fernandinho wouldn't be too hard to dominate.
Interchangeing Jesus Sterling and de Bruyne up front for Width and Silva just in front of the midfield.

Anyway it's just a friendly but this is the penultimate competitive game. It will be interesting to see if we have sharpened up a bit.

Hopefully we start well and don't make mistakes. They will be at us from the off and we will need to be precise and quick passing out of their press.
We also need to control that midfield and stop them exploiting the space with their pace.
Our game is more controlled and patient, but I think we should be quick and looking to exploit their lack of pace in the back 3.
Especially if Walker is playing where he was before.
Don't care about the result as much as the performance.
It would be nice to stick it to the cunts though.
Yet I am not to confident we will.
I still have flashbacks about that first half at theirs. Hope we have learned from that

Last edited:
Leg injury. Probably not helped by his appearance against PSG as I believe he had his leg heavily bandaged in the build up to it
we only looked solid in midfield when he came on.
Not much news about it, so guess it's not serious.
Not been training.
Hope is available in 2 weeks.

Is this free to air in the UK? Have the full sky package...
Yorkie, just download Mobdro.apk to your phone/tablet then you can watch Premier sports for Nada. In fact you can watch pretty much anything gratis. I normally beam the stream onto my TV via miracast. Jobs a goodun, enjoy my friend.
:dierpochhug:

we only looked solid in midfield when he came on.
Not much news about it, so guess it's not serious.
Not been training.
Hope is available in 2 weeks.

Although not ideal, I'd play a sissokko in midfield alongside Dembele against the toon if Wanyama doesn't make it. He may just have a point to prove.

Back
Top Bottom