Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
I hope you are right!
So do I as often in this cases we fail to capitalise. Hence my theory of bypassing their press and get at their defence as quick as possible. Think they play high line as well so a good mid block would. Then hit over the top for son or Solomon to chase.

Assuming they've made 11 changes this is their team vs us

Allison

TAA Virgil Matip Robertson

MacAllister Bajcetic(?) Szobszlai

Salah Nunez Diaz
I haven't seen much of 'Pool but on MOTD after one game they were saying TAA is playing as a metaphorical quarter back.
Do we change anything to deal with this or was it MOTD bollocks?

they have wataru endo, not sure if he's any good.

He's not suited to this level. Very much out of his depth. So much so that they have refused to start him since his disasterclass against Newcastle.

They'll start Szoboszlai, MacAllister and probably Curtis Jones against us and tbh, that really doesn't worry me bar Szoboszlai creating magic out of nothing.

Regardless, it'll be a very hard game cos Liverpool play chaotic football and have immense individual firepower. Any one of TAA, Jota, Salah, Luis Diaz, Nunez, Szoboszlai, and even Gakpo can bang one in from anywhere, without necessarily playing well.

They've scored 3 goals in all but two of their games so far.

Whereas I feel we can create at least as much, if not more, but not necessarily scoring as much.

Feel like you just never know what you're going to get with them.

If they play like they did against Newcastle and Wolves in their last two away games, We'll blow them away. But like you say, they have goals in them.

I haven't seen much of 'Pool but on MOTD after one game they were saying TAA is playing as a metaphorical quarter back.
Do we change anything to deal with this or was it MOTD bollocks?
We get in behind that space as his lazy and won’t run back to cover. I really wish we keep destiny out wide and try to run into that space TAA will surely leave.

Assuming they've made 11 changes this is their team vs us

Allison

TAA Virgil Matip Robertson

MacAllister Bajcetic(?) Szobszlai

Salah Nunez Diaz

The backline and midfield is not what it used to be.

After all those times Klopp complained about (shit) style of play, i really hope we come out and smash em!

We get in behind that space as his lazy and won’t run back to cover. I really wish we keep destiny out wide and try to run into that space TAA will surely leave.
Nah, Solomon wide and Udogie on the inside as IMO he has a better final ball and possibly a better shot in him too.

Solomon probably better to just do 1v1 dribble and a cutback/cross, keep it simple.

they have wataru endo, not sure if he's any good.

Regardless, it'll be a very hard game cos Liverpool play chaotic football and have immense individual firepower. Any one of TAA, Jota, Salah, Luis Diaz, Nunez, Szoboszlai, and even Gakpo can bang one in from anywhere, without necessarily playing well.

They've scored 3 goals in all but two of their games so far.

Whereas I feel we can create at least as much, if not more, but not necessarily scoring as much.

And I rate Klopp more than I rate Arteta. Maybe that’s just an ingrained bias in me.

But after settling some players into the premier league last year and having a transitional season my gut feeling is they will finish higher than woolwich this year. Will see how that pans out.

They have had a 6 game start that includes 3 teams in the current top 10 but none in the top 5. So on paper I guess it’s their first real challenge of the season.

Feel like you just never know what you're going to get with them.
I feel like you can predict how it will play out. Much like almost every one of our recent matches we'll as good as or better than them and then concede a stupid or wondergoal.

Hopefully this time it won't be enough for them to get any points.

Despite their decent start, I’m not actually fearful of Liverpool. I don’t think they are anywhere as good as before during the Mane era. I know he’s improved, but I don’t particularly rate Nunez. Bit of a donkey. Don’t get me wrong, our record is shocking against them but I’m confident in this team under Ange.

Despite their decent start, I’m not actually fearful of Liverpool. I don’t think they are anywhere as good as before during the Mane era. I know he’s improved, but I don’t particularly rate Nunez. Bit of a donkey. Don’t get me wrong, our record is shocking against them but I’m confident in this team under Ange.
:ange-pray:

True but we didn’t seem to stronger towards end of goons game. Also we didn’t really come out of the traps. I’d like to see us come out with a lot more pace and intensity.
We let them use up their energy and absorbed their press at the start before dominating possession until they made their subs. You’re right, we’d want to start more brightly at home,.

It was a joke Michael. Try having a day off. You might even smile one day.
I smile every day and enjoy life thanks. My apologies if your comment was meant to be light hearted, I missed that aspect- something that's easy to do on a board full of posters who assume that all referees support other London teams and are hell bent on getting us relegated.
My opinion is that it's a bugger of a job trying to run around after insanely fit young athletes whilst mentally trying to apply complex laws in a split second, when the games governing body keep altering them. All this whilst being under the pressure of knowing that millions of self appointed armchair experts are going to give you a pasting on twitter if you make a decision that isn't in favour of a top side.
They don't get paid enough to do the job, IMHO.
World's #1 thankless task.

Back
Top Bottom