Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Just saying he’s shit at his job. What on earth does my ability to ref have a game have to do with anything? He was poor
in the opinion of someone with little or no knowledge of the difficulty of doing the job, the knowledge to do the job or in all likelihood, the fitness or stamina to do it either.

so in summary, your opinion is valueless

in the opinion of someone with little or no knowledge of the difficulty of doing the job, the knowledge to do the job or in all likelihood, the fitness or stamina to do it either.

so in summary, your opinion is valueless
Stamina and fitness im above every ref in the PL

Decision making no

CL refs are miles ahead of PL refs on both, HTH Meldrew

Yeah I agree about the blink of an eye bit, which is why we now have VAR so they can watch things back yet they still deemed this to be a yellow ?

Nketiah-challenge.jpg
yeah - its pretty indefensible - did he get asked to watch the replay, I don't remember him doing so

Due a win against this lot.

I think they are perfect for us. They will come and have a go and they are shaky at the back.

I think we'll get a few goals.

Their front 3 is not as fearsome as it once was and their midfield is lightweight.

They've also got a midweek game so hopefully a Winks masterclass can cause some disruption.
Yes but they play with pace, hunger and passion like we use too. If we play that slow passing around at the back like we did first half v goons they will win the ball easy. We cannot be pissing about with the ball at the back too much it will be asking for trouble. Need to mix it up. Said this with conte low block as well need to bypass their press.

This is another game where we could run over the top of them after 30 minutes. Liverpool have had as busy a schedule as Woolwich, and they have a Carabao cup game against Leicester midweek.
True but we didn’t seem to stronger towards end of goons game. Also we didn’t really come out of the traps. I’d like to see us come out with a lot more pace and intensity.

Yes but they play with pace, hunger and passion like we use too. If we play that slow passing around at the back like we did first half v goons they will win the ball easy.

Maybe. But Liverpool are no where near as good as Woolwich are at pressing the ball.

We cannot be pissing about with the ball at the back too much it will be asking for trouble. Need to mix it up. Said this with conte low block as well need to bypass their press.

We will be brave out the back and rely on line breaking passes and Bissouma being press resistant.

Luckily for us, Liverpool have literally no number 6. So once we quite comfortably beat their press, we have free reign at their defence.

Liverpool are nowhere near as good as Woolwich at pressing the ball.
We will be brave at the back and rely on line breaking passes and Bissouma being press resistant.
Luckily for us, Liverpool have literally no number 6. So once we quite comfortably beat their press, we have free reign at their defence.
I hope you are right!

Assuming they've made 11 changes this is their team vs us

Allison

TAA Virgil Matip Robertson

MacAllister Bajcetic(?) Szobszlai

Salah Nunez Diaz

Maybe. But Liverpool are no where near as good as Woolwich are at pressing the ball.

We will be brave out the back and rely on line breaking passes and Bissouma being press resistant.

they have wataru endo, not sure if he's any good.

Regardless, it'll be a very hard game cos Liverpool play chaotic football and have immense individual firepower. Any one of TAA, Jota, Salah, Luis Diaz, Nunez, Szoboszlai, and even Gakpo can bang one in from anywhere, without necessarily playing well.

They've scored 3 goals in all but two of their games so far.

Whereas I feel we can create at least as much, if not more, but not necessarily scoring as much.

Back
Top Bottom