Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
I was tearing my hair out when they had 9 men because our full backs refused to go on the overlap, they didn't need to keep the shape because Liverpool had no counter threat! Low and behold when Porro decides to go round the outside, we score.

I didn't think Liverpool were that impressive defending with 9 men, we were just utterley clueless when we had the ball, everyone knows that the way to beat 10/9 men is to stretch the pitch and all we kept doing is playing in front of them.
Exactly I was saying the sane thing. It’s common football tactic to stretch the play v teams with less players. However we just crammed more into an already congested area. It would be diff if had wingers who would on the outside but kulu more so hardly does.

Made the silly error of listening to a bit of talksport earlier this evening.....deary me.

Even one sap of a Spurs fan ringing up to say it has to be an agenda, it's a conspiracy, no way that decision was made innocently blah blah. Silly cunt.

Tbf however the host was did ask the question which sinks most conspiracy theories....to what end? Liverpool have had plenty of decisions go their way....also City have steam rollered everyone in recent years.....what 'game' is being played exactly?

Embarrassing cunts.

Imagine if we do them at Anfield with another contentious decision......I might combust

Last edited:
Why are you always jumping in with this?!

Yes he's allowed an opinion.
Yes I'm allowed to say I think his opinion is hilarious.

And I'm allowed to jump in and say laughing at someone because they have a brain of their own and don't only post "Ange is amazing" or "great result, ok result, bad result" is odd. I mean, is nobody allowed to post opinions on player selection or tactics or anything beyond chest thumping as long as Ange is coach? Or did it also apply when the 2x CL winning, multiple league winning coach Jose was here and obviously sometimes made bad choices?

Everyone knows Ange knows more than any of us. It's still nice to have an opinion or two.

Just got done watching it and not sure what to think really. Massive relief I guess is the main feeling. We were awful, by far our worst performance yet, and we got very lucky. Then again it's cesspool and I love seeing them winge and cry, so whatever I'll take a jammy win against them any day. But Ange really needs to think a lot about this performance. Our possession play and pressing looked very average here and a lot of our players were a little exposed for their individual ability.

We still need to do a lot of work in the transfer market to get the quality we need in this squad. And Ange still needs to do a lot more work on the training ground with some of these players. For now just take the 3 points and learn from the experience.

It wasn't a "jammy" win, as we dominated and created more/better chances (double X/G) as you would expect with a numerical man advantage.

But I also felt like this was one of our poorer performances (despite being one of our most enjoyable wins) in terms of what we did with that ball domination.

A lot of that is down to the limitations of our forward group, none of whom create much/enough in the way of quality chances. Richarlison offers so little in an intelligent creative/productive sense. Kulusevski was very disappointing, creating very little, constantly spurning good chances to cross (with us loading the box later stages) and when he did cross they were shit. Soloman was much more involved than Richarlison had been out wide but also yielded very little of quality final product. Taking Maddison off was really odd as he was the only one looking likely to make an incisive pass.

Our pressing can also be too easy to play through in advance areas, again, largely due to that front group, none of whom are intelligent pressers. Luckily our cm+fb+cb are very good at pressing.

It wasn't a "jammy" win, as we dominated and created more/better chances (double X/G) as you would expect with a numerical man advantage.

But I also felt like this was one of our poorer performances (despite being one of our most enjoyable wins) in terms of what we did with that ball domination.

A lot of that is down to the limitations of our forward group, none of whom create much/enough in the way of quality chances. Richarlison offers so little in an intelligent creative/productive sense. Kulusevski was very disappointing, creating very little, constantly spurning good chances to cross (with us loading the box later stages) and when he did cross they were shit. Soloman was much more involved than Richarlison had been out wide but also yielded very little of quality final product. Taking Maddison off was really odd as he was the only one looking likely to make an incisive pass.

Our pressing can also be too easy to play through in advance areas, again, largely due to that front group, none of whom are intelligent pressers. Luckily our cm+fb+cb are very good at pressing.

We're managing Maddison's minutes because he's not 100% fit, same with Son so he was always going to get subbed.

There’s always things that can improved. Pep always says that even it citeh win 6-0. He often has words with players after to say they could have done this or done that. We need that attitude not thinking we won game we don’t or can’t improve. You should always strive to do things better. No harm in that otherwise we end with results we often see where we would go and lose to Luton. Need to be on our mettle!
I have no doubt that Ange will be critical of yesterday's performance (that's his job) and I would say any coach worth his salt would want to address our problems against low-block opposition.

It was Bill Gates who said that successful companies that go under usually make their most critical mistakes when they're at their most profitable because that's where complacency sets in. The people who are at the top and stay at the top are their own worst critics and, again, I have no doubt that Ange is of that ilk.

But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy pissing on Liverpool's fire.

I could believe Ange knows how to play the spoons
He's technically a master at playing them, he's done the 10,000 hours of practice. It's had a consequence on his waistline but it was time well spent there's no doubt about it. A few clicks of the tongs by him and he can make every single womans panties wet in a 50m radius.

And I'm allowed to jump in and say laughing at someone because they have a brain of their own and don't only post "Ange is amazing" or "great result, ok result, bad result" is odd. I mean, is nobody allowed to post opinions on player selection or tactics or anything beyond chest thumping as long as Ange is coach? Or did it also apply when the 2x CL winning, multiple league winning coach Jose was here and obviously sometimes made bad choices?

Everyone knows Ange knows more than any of us. It's still nice to have an opinion or two.
I criticise Maureen more because they rarely post anything positive.

Of course (before you get on your horse) they can post what they want.

However, this is someone who posts in match threads criticising performances that they aren't watching.

Since that gem I take very few of their posts seriously and, where I have the time in my extremely busy, high flying life, I'll amuse myself by responding as I desire.

No. Are you being biased for no reason? Any neutral can see their first sending off was unfortunate, their offside wasn't offside, and if we were down to 9 men against their 11, it would have been over soon.

I'm glad we won, but I ain't deluded.
Are you daft? Did you see Bissouma's tib/fib and ankle bend? It doesn't matter whether it was deliberate or "unfortunate" what matters was that someone nearly lost their livelihood for a year or more, because of the reckless lack of control of another player. That's why the red was vindicated.
We were going to beat them with a full team anyway

I criticise Maureen more because they rarely post anything positive.

Of course (before you get on your horse) they can post what they want.

However, this is someone who posts in match threads criticising performances that they aren't watching.

Since that gem I take very few of their posts seriously and, where I have the time in my extremely busy, high flying life, I'll amuse myself by responding as I desire.

I just don't like the "you think you know better than x?" position because its a tired old line which got trotted out to defend Conte and Jose beforehand.*

(*I'm not saying he's another one of these two .. I just think that yes, managers know a lot more than any of us about the game, but they're not infallible and its fun for fans to discuss tactical ideas etc.)

But the context makes sense.

It was Bill Gates who said that successful companies that go under usually make their most critical mistakes when they're at their most profitable because that's where complacency sets in. The people who are at the top and stay at the top are their own worst critics and, again, I have no doubt that Ange is of that ilk.
Great point.
Complacency is the enemy.
I thought we got cocky first half.

Liverpool have vowed to "explore the range of options available" .........................

790e3688f9e0a717d60296694452fab4.gif

I just don't like the "you think you know better than x?" position because its a tired old line which got trotted out to defend Conte and Jose beforehand.*

(*I'm not saying he's another one of these two .. I just think that yes, managers know a lot more than any of us about the game, but they're not infallible and its fun for fans to discuss tactical ideas etc.)

But the context makes sense.
Its not so much that Ange obviously knows more. Its that Ange himself has constantly said that we're young, we've got loads to work on, we're not there yet, etc.

We all know that the football isn't perfect. We all know that we've ridden our luck.

But it is better than the crap we've had for the past few seasons. It's fun and enjoyable and we're having a blast while it lasts.

If people are choosing to come on here, the day after a brilliant result, to tell us everything that isn't quite working, then they've gotta expect to be called miserable by us happy clappers!

Back
Top Bottom