Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They forgot their anti-depressants... It's mandatory on these parts - just watch this graph

g3-11-03.gif
That's settled then...
I'm moving to Estonia!

Not the best performance, but we have 5 games still. Early days yet.

I think if we had been playing at WHL then it'd been different, but we can't use that as an excuse. Monaco defended well and took their chances well, we didn't.

Let's move on to Sunday and get behind the lads again.

We do start slow, waiting for our rythm to kick in rather than go gun-ho from the start and make it happen. When we scored, we were firing on all cylinders but the break stop it dead.

No! We are unable to executed our game plan. Tonight we needed to better all over, play with confidance and energy. We didnt and Monaco benifitted.
Still think we could do with a bit more variation.

Last edited:
No, our players haven't found their form and the linchpin of our midfield has been missing until tonight. There's a difference.

This result isn't a total disaster. Our CL run doesn't halt tonight. And quite frankly, your constant negativity in all respects has been exhausting and boring. Just take a fucking xanax or take a shot of whiskey and relax so that we don't all have to constantly listen to your bitching.
I don't think 5th or 6th is bad even if you do.
I think we will end up in 1 of those positions which will mean a solid job from poch.
Think your being harsh on poch if you think we should get top 4.

Pretty shit TBH, how this squad could do with some pace to frighten the opposition at times, sideways passing and wear em down don't always work.

Disappointing but we will bounce back. Performance was decent enough to win that game 9 out of 10 times.

They do need to learn to be more clinical. We won't get 20 chances a game at this level. Sometimes we may only get one or two and we have to take them. Like our opponents did today.

Pretty shit TBH, how this squad could do with some pace to frighten the opposition at times, sideways passing and wear em down don't always work.

Hopefully that's what Nkoudou will give us. Main type of player I think we lack is a Bernado Silva, low centre of gravity, shoot off both feet, Play between the lines player.

Woolwich have Sanchez, City have David Silva, we would have if Isco came to us. Eriksen, Lamela and Alli are all nicepassing players, you can see why Poch went so hard for Isco. Closest player we have to him is Marcus Edwards and he is way too young.

We need that and as you say a bit more pace.

Great time tonight with so many Spurs Wembley.

Felt we were the better team for 70 mins, but you cannot at this level waste so many chances.

Some supporters pints are half full, some are half empty, yours is just flat?

I said at the start of the season, we are in transition, we want to play with the big boys, we need to learn from last season and build. The variation you crave wiĺl come once the new players find thier place. We are all gutted but need to stay positive.

Still think we could with a bit more variation.

Just putting out my thoughts on the match.

The Kane chance in the 2nd was the pivotal moment. If he burried it, we go on to win the game, but he missed, and we looked a beaten side from that moment on.

Tough lose tonight. Second half looked good but some selfishness from spurs players. Had a couple chances to play Jansen in and ball was either lost or played sideways. Couple sitters were missed but all in all we crushed them last season, lost tonight. Time to move on and win the next 5. On the bright side bayer let a 2-0 lead slip

I said at the start of the season, we are in transition, we want to play with the big boys, we need to learn from last season and build. The variation you crave wiĺl come once the new players find thier place. We are all gutted but need to stay positive.
Think you need to spend big to regularly play with the big boys I'm afraid.
I'am sure you gave reasons why we would win the title last season too.

Yeah I guess my cup is flat. Hard not to be when we win a domestic cup every 10 years in my lifetime.
Don't expect us to win titles etc.

Last edited:
Don't really understand the people out there blaming Poch for the team choice or subs.

We didn't take our chances. They took advantage of our mistakes.

It's pretty simple.

Wish Scott would give us some variation and fuck off from this forum!

Hasn't got the guts to debate anything

Just hides behind the ignore button

Worse than Gibbsy

Really missed Rose tonight. Was at the game and the atmosphere was amazing. Gutted with the result but still confident we'll progress.

I wonder how many more times Kane can play like this before Janssen gets a start? He's looked good everytime he's appeared and right now seems way sharper than Kane.

And where is N'Koudou? That Lemar tore Davies apart and that raw pace is exactly what we're missing. N'Koudou is supposed to be that guy for us.

Back
Top Bottom