Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think you need to spend big to regularly play with the big boys I'm afraid.
I'am sure you gave reasons why we would win the title too last season.

Yeah I guess my cup is flat. Hard not to be when we win a domestic cup every 10 years in my lifetime.
Don't expect us to win titles etc.

Like Leicester spent big last season!

eh cunto

We weren't bad or good . We have a good team but this time around we have no wonder
player that could tear teams apart . Bale could have more impact than Eriksen , Son , Lamela combined . Kane is sluggish and at the moment offers little , maybe Jansen should be given a go .
Overall we played OK but realistically we ain't going to win the Champs league .
We might as well enjoy it for what it is .
Overall our supporters were the heroes . A landmark crowd that others can only envy .
Chin up .

Poch likes this Harry Kane lone striker system which doesn't work if Harry is going thru a lack of confidence - he needs support. Is Eriksson looking for a new contract? He played badly to earn the latest one, and his short corners after Spurs scored from a normal one (by Lamela), bad free-kicks and 30% work-rate means he wants another raise before he turns up....

Really missed Rose tonight. Was at the game and the atmosphere was amazing. Gutted with the result but still confident we'll progress.

I wonder how many more times Kane can play like this before Janssen gets a start? He's looked good everytime he's appeared and right now seems way sharper than Kane.

And where is N'Koudou? That Lemar tore Davies apart and that raw pace is exactly what we're missing. N'Koudou is supposed to be that guy for us.
Poch said that GKN needs a few weeks of training due to him not having any preseason before being selected

Really missed Rose tonight. Was at the game and the atmosphere was amazing. Gutted with the result but still confident we'll progress.

I wonder how many more times Kane can play like this before Janssen gets a start? He's looked good everytime he's appeared and right now seems way sharper than Kane.

And where is N'Koudou? That Lemar tore Davies apart and that raw pace is exactly what we're missing. N'Koudou is supposed to be that guy for us.
Rose had turned in to such a good player.
Always miss him going forward on the wing.
Should be back soon though.

we lose and everybody is calling cunt to everybody and our squad is shit and Poch needs to play more fm to learn how to manage.. fuck sake lads :pochrolleyes:

i compare this loss to the loss with woolwich last season for the mickey mouse cup, we will learn from it and improve, besides Monaco is a very good team and usually top notch defending. Bernardo and Fabinho are amazing and would start in our team

Dear me, first defeat of the season and Poch doesn't know what he's doing, we lost because Son started, we shouldn't have chosen Wembley to play our games and Vertonghen is a shit defender..

You lot are swell..

Good night all..xxx

Well I'm watching proper football on Sun. Spurs ladies away at Lewes. They won 4-0 tonight at QPR - might have been the better option!

From 85k to under 200 in 4 days. Proper.

Oh, as much as I enjoyed tonight as a one off (three off?) I don't think I would enjoy a whole season there.

Might as well get it out of the way. Remember next season the upper tier will be closed limited to 50k so it should be easier to get in and out, transport is pretty easy and the large pitch is similar to the one we will get at the new ground which should allow us better to adapt to a bigger pitch and Poch wants a bigger pitch than the current WHL, he said so himself.

So there are a good few upsides to what we will get next season, the atmosphere was actually kind of similar to a standard WHL game, started well, died when we went two nil down, jumped up high for a while after the goal then got impatient at 70 mins. Wembley sound system was amazing, football could have been better.

90K fans even for Wembley is too much, took ages getting out.

Just got back, can't really say who was at fault for goals etc.

We were all over them though and didn't play badly, once again just not clinical enough. If we had a player of exceptional quality in the middle it would really take us to the next level.

Jansen made a huge difference as he was actually running channels and on the shoulder of the last defender, always on the move and looked like he wanted the ball.

Kane needs to find his form quick, taking too many touches and over thinking shots

Just rolled in and poured myself an ice cold beer. We lost sure but we're not finished by any means. And that display of support frankly amazing. A good game and we'll tear the roof of

Coys

Was incredible to be in a crowd of 85k Yids. Couldn't get my head around seeing a sea of white shirts everywhere.
Had a good crack with 1882 1882 in the Torch and our block was fairly vocal.

Shame about the football.
Thanks for the 'standing' ticket.... just wish it was in happier circumstances!
(The game, AND your mate!)

Here's to the next one. Though the journey home took as long as the stop-start queue to Wemberley Park!

We'll get our lines right by then hopefully!

Just got back, can't really say who was at fault for goals etc.

We were all over them though and didn't play badly, once again just not clinical enough. If we had a player of exceptional quality in the middle it would really take us to the next level.

Jansen made a huge difference as he was actually running channels and on the shoulder of the last defender, always on the move and looked like he wanted the ball.

Kane needs to find his form quick, taking too many touches and over thinking shots
MONACO: 2 Shots (on target) 2-1 win...
PSG: 85,011 shots on target = 1-1 draw!

Tells you all you need to know about the Law of Spursy vs. Arsey!

Back
Top Bottom