Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why go upper tier if you want to stand? That's like saying 'I sit in the west upper every week so I expect everyone around me behind the goal in the singing section to sit down'. Many people choose upper tier specifically because they can't stand for long periods.
I wanted to be in the lower tier , was in the que for 6 hours on the day and had to settle for the top tier like many others I suspect , didn't want to sit there

I think you'll find there are plenty in the Upper who don't WANT to be in the Upper... but didn't have much choice as that's all that was available when the little round clock on the OS finally counted down and let us in!

I for one wanted to be in the Lower tier, and maybe get to stand... but the club made it apparent that they had all sold out after half an hour .. which we now know they hadn't!
So upper tier it is. .. here's hoping there are plenty of like minded fans up there who don't mind a bit of singing. .. or standing!

If anyone has lower tier (multi package) tickets and doesn't wanna stand, I'll be more than happy to swap!

The middle tier of Wembley is kind of nice.

Went there for a NFL game. There was a champagne bar and flirty female stewards in high heels.

Very nice.

#SoInFavourOfModernFootball

Level on points with Nice, in a league so bad Balotelli gets a brace.
Well I sincerely hope your implied opinion is right obviously

But I think people are being amazingly cocky since we beat the worst team in the league 4-0. Aside that we haven't exactly been on fire. They have.

Last edited:
Well I sincerely hope your implied opinion is right obviously

But I think people are being amazingly cocky since we beat the worst team in the league 4-0. Aside that we haven't exactly been on fire

I hope we're not under any illusions that the Monaco of last season isn't the Monaco of this...
In the same sense that the Tottenham of last season hasn't quite emerged fully for this one yet!
Stoke were God awful... although they were 'up for it'.. and we've certainly struggled against teams who were 'up for it' in the past... irrespective of ability or league position... (hello Hull & West Brom!)

...and I 'chose' the Upper Tier specifically 'cos I was in the online queue for long periods and didn't have much choice left (apparently!)

Yeah, this. Stuck waiting for 7 hours and picked what I figured would be the best spot left. Figured the atmosphere would be a bit shit up in 531, but once I realized that this scenario has happened to SO many people that there might be a chance there will be enough like minded people that we can get a bit of noise going up in the gods.

I really hope that the club realizes what's happened and for the Leverkussen match they do something so that people that would like to stand but got stuck in the upper can do some sort of ticket swap.

The middle tier of Wembley is kind of nice.

Went there for a NFL game. There was a champagne bar and flirty female stewards in high heels.

Very nice.

#SoInFavourOfModernFootball
Yeah went there for NFL as well. One team lost from missing a field goal on the last play. Funny thing was they were iced by the other team who threw a timeout. Never seen that work before. I was surprised how nice it was, I am not used to that in stadium. The view was incredible as well.

It will be a really tricky game, but I absolutely can't wait! the thought of Mousa just opening up that big Wembley pitch gives me a semi!

:dembelewtf::dier:

I know this thread is regarding our game on Wednesday.. However, Sunderland look awful.

We could really put a message out against them on Sunday. If we play anywhere near the level we are capable of, like against Stoke) we could be lethal against them.

But obviously, Wednesday is more important currently.

I know this thread is regarding our game on Wednesday.. However, Sunderland look awful.

We could really put a message out against them on Sunday. If we play anywhere near the level we are capable of, like against Stoke) we could be lethal against them.

But obviously, Wednesday is more important currently.
No, it's groups no way is it more important than 3 points in the league. Can lose Wednesday & go through to the next round still so it's lesser importance than league points, which you only get one chance at, IMO

No, it's groups no way is it more important than 3 points in the league. Can lose Wednesday & go through to the next round still so it's lesser importance than league points, which you only get one chance at, IMO

Every game is important. No game should be put higher than any other unless it's against the likes of Chelsea and Woolwich where it tends to then get personal.

Monaco is just as important as Sunderland for me. We should be aiming and I think we will win both.

I for one have been worrying a bit over the last few days about atmosphere in the top tier , I stand in the Park Lane every week and want to be able to stand in the top tier at Wembley and singing without being told to sit down , let's hope others will be like myself and want to get behind the team as much as possible
I believe a lot of the problem at Stratford is that the club do not control the stewards who are ejecting many fans that are standing. Wembley presumably will have their own stewards and that may be more of a problem with standing than other supporters.

2 new right backs ( Fabihno playing in a 4 in central midfield and Sidbe on the right) a new left back, a new centre back, Gilk & jemerson in at CB. Germain back from Nice at CF.
So basically a new a new back 4 bar Raggi and 2 new right backs on the right side of a 4 man midfield and a striker recalled from Loan for the team we should have beaten at theirs and done at ours with our 2nd team.
They are better defensively and they look like they work harder, but they tore into PSG who looked soft. Even though PSG looked better at the start they went ahead. Verrati had a bad game and Motta and Rabiot were not too good.
PSG had 3 at the back and Matudi was badly needed but was on the bench? Krychowiak didn't get on either. Also luiz had his head somewhere else and gave away a stupid penalty.

We will have to watch them on the break and match their work rate.

Back
Top Bottom