Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not that I can see mate! I thought with the new BeinSports deal on Foxtel we'd get to see them but it seems the more "glamour ties" are getting preference!!! if you find out if anywhere is showing it let me know!

Guess I'll be streaming.
Saw City is live on SBS but like you suggested, they seem to be cherry picking the 'big' games.

Are people returning tickets in droves? I don't understand how Wembley can go from being "sold out" to having tickets available every other day. I have a funny feeling that the wool might have been pulled over our eyes and that there's a lot more tickets available than we were made to think, but if it looks like a sell out people will scramble to buy tickets if they do become available.

We've seen time and time again that Pochettino will start a weakened side in competitions other than the Premier League, but given that Monaco have been appearing to fire on all cylinders and Sunderland have been trash, I imagine he'll start the stronger side against Monaco.

That being said, would it actually legitimately surprise anyone at this point if we were to see something other than our strongest XI?

You know that tired old cliché when they say that tragedies (personal and global) put football into perspective...
Well I think the total opposite... and your post demonstrates perfectly (and genuinely) that in times of sorrow and mourning, football actually comes into stark focus, and reminds us of the wonderful times and memories it has provided for us, AND our Families.

Your Grandfather will be with us in spirit at Wembley... as will you, I'm sure!

We'll sing with extra gusto in his memory!

COYS!
Really appreciate that mate, COYS!

I've got to say, I loved the chemistry between Son and Lamela during that match. I hope to see more of that during this season!
But, this time I would like to see some new faces like Janssen, Sissoko, N'koudou, Dembele (back from suspension), and Lamela (back from international break) in action!
By the way, where is Wimmer? I haven't heard anything about him since the black eye...

Are people returning tickets in droves? I don't understand how Wembley can go from being "sold out" to having tickets available every other day. I have a funny feeling that the wool might have been pulled over our eyes and that there's a lot more tickets available than we were made to think, but if it looks like a sell out people will scramble to buy tickets if they do become available.
They will - create demand and people will want?

We're not fucking Liverpool, you twat.
2OJdh.jpg

Has anyone received an email this week about the tickets being loaded onto their membership card?

Normally get one a few days before the game and none of the my group who are going have?

We didn't choose tickets to be posted so I'm hoping they are loaded on our cards...

Lineker has turned into a bellend, how about being a bit happy for us... Sorry I forget he only supports Leicester again, until they start playing like dog turd again.

Playing at Wembley could hinder Tottenham – Lineker

Date published: Tuesday 13th September 2016 8:28

GettyImages-533193310.jpg

Gary Lineker fears playing at Wembley could hurt Tottenham’s Champions League chances this season.

Spurs will host their home European games at the national stadium while White Hart Lane is being redeveloped, starting against Monaco on Wednesday night.

But north London rivals Woolwich struggled when they briefly relocated to Wembley in the late 1990s, winning just two and losing three of their six European fixtures, and former Spurs striker Lineker feels switching grounds will not help his old side.

“It will be interesting to see how the Wembley thing goes,” BT Sport presenter Lineker said. “I hear they have sold a lot of tickets which will be great.

“It’s big, of course it is, but a football pitch is a football pitch.

“It’s a hard one because it’s always been quite difficult to explain why home advantage is so important. It’s familiarity I suppose, and you do lose some familiarity when you play your own home games at a place where you don’t normally play.

“I don’t imagine it will help them, particularly, it will be interesting to see whether it harms them.

“It’s different because it’s not your home ground. Your home ground gives you comforts. You get in the dressing room, which you know, and you’re comfortable, and psychologically or subconsciously all these things add up.

“You walk out onto a pitch you’ve played on and you know where people are sitting and all those things added together give you that slight advantage.

“In terms of statistics it’s proved that it’s better to play at home than away. So if you are playing your home games kind of half away, you would suspect it might be a disadvantage.”

Lineker has turned into a bellend, how about being a bit happy for us... Sorry I forget he only supports Leicester again, until they start playing like dog turd again.

Playing at Wembley could hinder Tottenham – Lineker

Date published: Tuesday 13th September 2016 8:28

GettyImages-533193310.jpg

Gary Lineker fears playing at Wembley could hurt Tottenham’s Champions League chances this season.

Spurs will host their home European games at the national stadium while White Hart Lane is being redeveloped, starting against Monaco on Wednesday night.

But north London rivals Woolwich struggled when they briefly relocated to Wembley in the late 1990s, winning just two and losing three of their six European fixtures, and former Spurs striker Lineker feels switching grounds will not help his old side.

“It will be interesting to see how the Wembley thing goes,” BT Sport presenter Lineker said. “I hear they have sold a lot of tickets which will be great.

“It’s big, of course it is, but a football pitch is a football pitch.

“It’s a hard one because it’s always been quite difficult to explain why home advantage is so important. It’s familiarity I suppose, and you do lose some familiarity when you play your own home games at a place where you don’t normally play.

“I don’t imagine it will help them, particularly, it will be interesting to see whether it harms them.

“It’s different because it’s not your home ground. Your home ground gives you comforts. You get in the dressing room, which you know, and you’re comfortable, and psychologically or subconsciously all these things add up.

“You walk out onto a pitch you’ve played on and you know where people are sitting and all those things added together give you that slight advantage.

“In terms of statistics it’s proved that it’s better to play at home than away. So if you are playing your home games kind of half away, you would suspect it might be a disadvantage.”

Don't know why everyone is piping up saying playing at Wembley could be a bad thing - we didn't have a choice, so it's pointless to discuss it.

Back
Top Bottom