Spurs vs Scum @ library || League Cup QF Wed 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...are you joking??
I walked back into a room with the game on the radio just AS Dele scored, and SWEAR I thought they had equalised! My heard sank for a split second as i hadn't heard the build up, only the goal going in... We were SO loud!

It was mostly just constant giving it to them individually across the steward / police line.

But the singing was pretty good for the rest of the game after we went 2-0 up

I’m pretty hoarse, but after I crossed my arms avoiding all the trouble as they were filming all day long and I didn’t want an arm looking like me when they swung for them.

Particularly funny singing ‘You’ve got you Woolwich back’ !! and in response to their ‘stand up if you hate...’ they were silenced with ‘Stand up if you’re Champions League’ !!

Just got home. SO HAPPY. Their fans were getting proper wound up, it was glorious. Looked like a few punches thrown over the rail in the second half. Great night. Love you all. YIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
?3

The cheek on Dele. Oh boy, fuck those Woolwich cunts. Trying to act like they don’t care now. Haha eat shit have fun playing the masturBATE team in Europa.

She is doing my nut in.

Fuck off with the Scum love in.
What qualifies her to a) have a view on a game she has never played at that level. And b) why is it acceptable to say “we” when she is there to represent a broad opinion ?

With upmost respect, I don’t see ANY players who played their careers in the lower divisions on Sky TV giving an opinion on premier level games so why is she on there and they are not ? With upmost respect to women’s football it is absolutely not elite level. So why is she is on TV & given the platform she is? It utterly escapes me.

What qualifies her to a) have a view on a game she has never played at that level. And b) why is it acceptable to say “we” when she is there to represent a broad opinion ?

With upmost respect, I don’t see ANY players who played their careers in the lower divisions on Sky TV giving an opinion on premier level games so why is she on there ? With upmost respect to women’s football it is absolutely not elite level. So why is she is on TV & given the platform she is? It utterly escapes me.

Because she's reached the absolute top level possible of her, and that takes as much, heck I'd argue more, comittment and dedication to the game than Premier League level men. Not only did she have to be one of the best women around, she had to overcome no doubt a lot of mysogyny, part-time wages and the challenges of being the best footballer you can without having infinite money and a luxrorious lifestyle. It may not be PC but the most athletic and talented of women cannot compete at the same level as the most athletic and talented of men - but those who do make it to be the absolute best in their class deserve to be recognised, have a valuable tactical insight to consider, and frankly need more and better promotion than they get currently.

836B3B12-688B-412E-A90A-101FE152E089.jpg

Feel a bit sick
Its a head of a penis wearing a Spurs shirt! AHH

Because she's reached the absolute top level possible of her, and that takes as much, heck I'd argue more, comittment and dedication to the game than Premier League level men. Not only did she have to be one of the best women around, she had to overcome no doubt a lot of mysogyny, part-time wages and the challenges of being the best footballer you can without having infinite money and a luxrorious lifestyle. It may not be PC but the most athletic and talented of women cannot compete at the same level as the most athletic and talented of men - but those who do make it to be the absolute best in their class deserve to be recognised, have a valuable tactical insight to consider, and frankly need more and better promotion than they get currently.

How would being the top of the woman’s game be harder than being top of the men’s game. Not aiming to be confrontational nor negative, but honestly would like to understand how it can be argued to need more dedication and commitment for her to succeed than a man.

I am not denying her success, ability or talents. But she has never played at the elite level of the game she is being paid to give an opinion on. equality should be diversity of opportunity, so where, for example, is the opportunity for a third division player to comment on tonight’s game. Or a second division player etc etc.

She is clearly, and eloquently, able to comment on what she was involved in, but what makes her more suitable for the pundit role than anyone who has been a professional within that field and within that level of sport ?

Suggestions of mysogyny are not necessary there is no evidence of that in this context.

Back
Top Bottom