Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have no defence.

Nada.

Zilch.

I work opposite a Watford season ticket holder who hates us for no reason and he's shitting it.

5-0.

Son with five offside backheels

Watford are going to be without 12 first team players.

That's including Kaboul, Britos, Kabasele and Prodl which is pretty much their defence.

Watson, Capoue, Cleverley, Pereyra and Doucoure which is pretty much their midfield.

And Gomes and Deeney are strong doubts.

They have no defence.

Nada.

Zilch.

I work opposite a Watford season ticket holder who hates us for no reason and he's shitting it.

5-0.

Son with five offside backheels

Maybe I was a bit too excited and overconfident so my conservative prediction is 3-0 with Son scoring three offside backheels, all of which are set up by Janssen backheels.

Until such time as Chelsea slip up (!!) EVERY one of our last 8 games is must win... we've set the bar pretty high this season, and we simply can't have a repeat of last season's ending...
I've already had nightmares that Hull could already be relegated by the time we play them on the final day, and we have another Newcastle scenario on our hands. Hopefully, Silva will keep them up with games to spare, and that Groundhog day can be avoided!!

I'm not sure we'll have quite enough to win the league, but we've more than proved we have what it takes to finish Top 4, and dare I say it... even 2nd this time.
THAT would represent progress... but we need to keep going until the VERY end this time!

Lets have a big fuck off home win on saturday, 12:30pm kick off, start the drinkin early lads. I don't want another another 3-1 89th minute winner, i cannot take this shit at my age . Lets just have it from when the game starts!

I would go with

Hugo
Walker-Dier-Toby-Vertonghen-Davies
Eriksen-Dembele
Alli-Son
Janssen

If Davies is struggling we can just move Dier up to DM and Alli and Son move a bit wider.

Trippier certainly an interesting choice, but will Poch be playing a player just for the sakes of he played well a few times against the same opposition.
Some are saying Tripps-Janssen might be a good pair. But from the times i know Janssen at Spurs + those videos i kept watching from the time he was with AZ, there is nothing to sugget he is a good aerial player. Some might said a bad one. Tripp killer cross could only benefitted Dele i guess.

Watford is the worst club we played this season. I actually think we should win by ridiculous margin like 0-8. Instead it finished 1-4. Not to say it will certainly be repeated, they will be idiotic to approach the game with the same manner.

I think this is a game with 3 at the backs, their forward are all a big lump of muscle. Success, Deeney, and Okaka. Okaka has caused problem to our centre backs when he was Anderlecht player if im not mistaken. So i hope Wanyama is back, if not, lets play both Son and Janssen.

Watford not brilliant - have beaten Woolwich away so no mugs They have won their last two. We should respect them as a PL side but we should be too strong for them. We need to keep one eye on the Semi in two weeks so best side to secure points but get key players fully fit for Chelsea. A week gaps between games is welcomed.

may have left it late but they were easy.

burnely felt easy.

swansea - left it late but dominated them

watford at home is the easiest of the 3
I believe, Swansea would have been a different finish if it was 0-0 on 88 mins. We were one nil down so had nothing to lose getting forward, once we scored they collapsed . At 0-0 the mentality may have been different. It was a great result but factors play there their part. We don't want Watford to score early and then have something to defend.

-------------------------Hugo-----------------------
----------Dier--Alderweireld--Vertonghen-----
Walker-----Wanyama--Dembele-----Davies
---------------Eriksen-------Dele-----------------
-----------------------Janssen---------------------

Son to come off the bench after Janssen has tired out the centre backs and Sissoko to come on late for a laugh

-------------------------Lloris
-----------Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker-----Wanyama--Dembele----------N'Koudou
-----------Eriksen----------------Dele
-----------------------Jansen

Vorm, Wimmer, Trippier, Davis, Sissoko, Son, Onomah

Try to give Davis a rest since he's playing every game until Rose gets back. This is a game where Davis can be rested and try out N'Koudou at LWB.

Back
Top Bottom