Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Mail says Bowden contract until 2023.
**Don't know how long Poch's new contract is for.
Surely a few more won't be kept on?

UNDER 23sD.O.BContract
Expires
Amos, Luke Ayodele23/02/19972021
Austin, Brandon08/01/19992022
Bowden, Jamie Patrick09/07/20012020*
De Bie, Jonathan20/05/20002020
Eyoma, Timothy Joel29/01/20002021
Georgiou, Anthony24/02/19972021
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn01/12/20002020
Markanday, Dilan20/08/20012020
Marsh, George Owen05/11/19982021
Mukendi, Jeremie CF/RB12/09/20002020
Okedina, Jubril CB26/10/20002020
Oluwayemi, Joshua GK13/03/20012020
Pochettino, Maurizio RW30/03/20012020**
Richards, Rodel Kurai05/09/20002020
Roles, Jack26/02/19992021
Shashoua, Armando AM31/10/20002020
Sterling, Kazaiah09/11/19982021
Thorpe, Elliot CAM09/11/20002020
Tracey, Shilow29/04/19982020

*Mail says Bowden contract until 2023.
**Don't know how long Poch's new contract is for.
Surely a few more won't be kept on?

UNDER 23sD.O.BContract
Expires
Amos, Luke Ayodele23/02/19972021
Austin, Brandon08/01/19992022
Bowden, Jamie Patrick09/07/20012020*
De Bie, Jonathan20/05/20002020
Eyoma, Timothy Joel29/01/20002021
Georgiou, Anthony24/02/19972021
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn01/12/20002020
Markanday, Dilan20/08/20012020
Marsh, George Owen05/11/19982021
Mukendi, Jeremie CF/RB12/09/20002020
Okedina, Jubril CB26/10/20002020
Oluwayemi, Joshua GK13/03/20012020
Pochettino, Maurizio RW30/03/20012020**
Richards, Rodel Kurai05/09/20002020
Roles, Jack26/02/19992021
Shashoua, Armando AM31/10/20002020
Sterling, Kazaiah09/11/19982021
Thorpe, Elliot CAM09/11/20002020
Tracey, Shilow29/04/19982020

Jamie Bowden given a contract extension to 2023.

Go back on this thread to when the retained list and released lists were announced (end June) and I commented that far more players retained than expected, almost certainly as in any usual season many youngsters coming to end of contract would be out on trials from say Feb onwards and as that didn't happen this season due to covid, its likely a few of those will move on as the current development squad is circa 30 - too many to play u23 football and too many to loan out.

Just a question as to when some (maybe up to 10) of them move on, not if.

I'm a fan of Bowden.

Of all the CMs we have produced recently, Amos, Skipp, Winks etc.

Bowden has been the most comfortable on the ball by a long stretch. He picks up the ball in really tight corners under pressure and always manages to get out of them and find a pass.

I'm a fan of Bowden.

Bowden has been the most comfortable on the ball by a long stretch. He picks up the ball in really tight corners under pressure and always manages to get out of them and find a pass.

Onomah would do that for the youth on the regs.

Let's see what he's like when he has pressure of a Premeir League game on him and is scared to give the ball away in bigger games than hes used to.

Onomah would do that for the youth on the regs.

Let's see what he's like when he has pressure of a Premeir League game on him and is scared to give the ball away in bigger games than hes used to.
I'm comparing based on the youth games I saw all 3 play in.

Unfair to compare PL to youth for obvious reasons. I'm just not sure Bowden will get a look in just because there is competition ahead of him. Even Harvey White has overtaken Bowden. He'll end up like Amos going out on loans then moving on.

I'm comparing based on the youth games I saw all 3 play in.

Unfair to compare PL to youth for obvious reasons. I'm just not sure Bowden will get a look in just because there is competition ahead of him. Even Harvey White has overtaken Bowden. He'll end up like Amos going out on loans then moving on.

Sorry, I must have misread your comments then.

I thought you were mentioning him as a potential Prem breakout star for us and that he's more comfortable on the ball than those you saw at youth level.

Which is why I brought the Prem up. All those you mentioned actually touched Prem football and only one has made it. The one who actually keeps possession and tends to play it safe.

I'm a fan of Bowden.

The fact he was given a contract extension until 2023 as recently as December 2019 (and JM started at Spurs in November) gives me hope he's still part of first team plans - he was injured and played his comeback game in Spurs u23's at start of March and I'm guessing that is reason why he's not been mentioned as being training with first team as hadn't really got to being match fit before lockdown started.

Deep lying midfielder who 'can' play as RB if required (mirroring Harvey White who can play LB) and if he stays at Spurs rather than a loan next season, he could be one of several players able to back up at RB, along with Tanganga, so think he could be a decent squad option next season (assuming KWP moves on as back up RB this summer).

However George Marsh played in the warm up games pre covid restart and was playing RB. So might depend on whether JM wants to continue with the tenacious hard tackling but technically limited Marsh as DM/RB as to where Bowden plays next season - I doubt whether Marsh is good enough long term, but most said the same about Jake Livermore and he played a useful role at Spurs for a season or two....and is back in PL with WBA next season.

The fact he was given a contract extension until 2023 as recently as December 2019 (and JM started at Spurs in November) gives me hope he's still part of first team plans - he was injured and played his comeback game in Spurs u23's at start of March and I'm guessing that is reason why he's not been mentioned as being training with first team as hadn't really got to being match fit before lockdown started.

Deep lying midfielder who 'can' play as RB if required (mirroring Harvey White who can play LB) and if he stays at Spurs rather than a loan next season, he could be one of several players able to back up at RB, along with Tanganga, so think he could be a decent squad option next season (assuming KWP moves on as back up RB this summer).

However George Marsh played in the warm up games pre covid restart and was playing RB. So might depend on whether JM wants to continue with the tenacious hard tackling but technically limited Marsh as DM/RB as to where Bowden plays next season - I doubt whether Marsh is good enough long term, but most said the same about Jake Livermore and he played a useful role at Spurs for a season or two....and is back in PL with WBA next season.
I think it's time to move marsh on.

He may be better than League 2 methinks. Amos had a season in League 2 with Stevenage, the fans loved him and now he is getting regular games in the Champ.
Tottenham Hotspur academy ace George Marsh has extended his loan until the end of the season.
Fans love him-read the twitter comments.

Brandon Austin's 14th successive appearances for Viborg in their last match of the season.

Good to get a run of games as a professional GK (his first as a pro), he will have learnt a lot from them.

Hopefully enough to get him a loan ideally at Championship level or if not, League 1, maybe enough then to to say at Spurs to fight for no 2 gk position ?.

Not quite sure what this about - unless its the new Academy Year 1 getting ready to start training !

Given PL restarts in early September, if the PL wasn't ending in tomorrow, they would be starting pre-season training in about a week's time (6 weeks before start of PL season), as it is PL players will probably take a 3 week holiday on Monday and start preseason training in 3 weeks, but with a truncated month pre-season so as to start PL season.

So my guess is academy could be back to start pre- season in a week, giving them a ('standard') 6 week pre-season to get fit !

FYI, next seasons Academy Year 1 includes 4 England u16's - Aaron Maguire (GK) Jordan Hackett-Valton (LB/CB) Alfie Devine (CM) Dane Scarlett (ST) - whilst 2 players, Khalon Haysmann and Dante Cassanova - were called up for England u15 squads, so a talented squad.

Brandon Austin's 14th successive appearances for Viborg in their last match of the season.

Good to get a run of games as a professional GK (his first as a pro), he will have learnt a lot from them.

Hopefully enough to get him a loan ideally at Championship level or if not, League 1, maybe enough then to to say at Spurs to fight for no 2 gk position ?.

Just something I have found on a few of our loan lads

Brandon Austin
Played 14 League matches , 1260 mins
he let in 23 goals ,
and I think I read he got 1 or 2 man of the matches

Jack Roles
played 23 League matches , 1169 mins.
5 goals, 1 assist .
6 yellow cards .
6 man of the match awards
1 League 2 goal of the month
1 league 2 player of the month

George marsh
Played 26 League matches , 2074 mins
2 man of the match awards
9 yellow cards
0 goals
0 assists

Shiloh Tracey
Played 7 matches 509 mins
1 goal
O Assists

Anthony Georgiou
Played 12 matches , 262 mins
0 goals
0 assists

TJ Eyoma
I believe he only made the squad 2 times and was unused sub on both .

Armando shashoua
Played 4 matches , 85 mins
0 goals
0 assists

That’s based on what I could find and what I had heard , maybe slightly different but what’s everyone’s thoughts ?

Last edited:
Just something I have found on a few of our loan lads

Brandon Austin
Played 14 League matches , 1260 mins
he let in 23 goals ,
and I think I read he got 1 or 2 man of the matches

Jack Roles
played 23 League matches , 1169 mins.
5 goals, 1 assist .
6 yellow cards .
6 man of the match awards
1 League 2 goal of the month
1 league 2 player of the month

George marsh
Played 26 League matches , 2074 mins
2 man of the match awards
9 yellow cards
0 goals
0 assists

Shiloh Tracey
Played 7 matches 509 mins
1 goal
O Assists

Anthony Georgiou
Played 12 matches , 262 mins
0 goals
0 assists

TJ Eyoma
I believe he only made the squad 2 times and was unused sub on both .

Armando shashoua
Played 4 matches , 85 mins
0 goals
0 assists

That’s based on what I could find and what I had heard , maybe slightly different but what’s everyone’s thoughts ?

To add to that, Viborg, who Austin played for, finished 2nd in the Danish 2nd tier league, which suggests he did ok (if a gk is poor, team woudnt finish 2nd).

Hopefully enough to get a loan at a higher level next season.

Roles has done well, so many MOTM awards plus a few goals on his first loan, I'm sure League 1 and a number of Championship teams willl have been watching. Not sure it makes sense to play him at Spurs next season as we will have plenty of AM cover, but a loan at League 1 or Championship looks likely.

Marsh has done well, technically limited but he is effective. Probably better for him to find a permanant League 1 club ?

Tracey and Georgiou - Not sure where they will go.

Eyoma - Started the season injured and dispirited after his season training with Poch. Needs to play to get back to the standards he showed on preaseason 2018 as CB/RB. Where and how I dont know.

Shashoua - thought he played more ? But if true he's in the Tracey and Georgiou category, other than he's younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom