Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have some intresting young players bubbling under. I think some humble pie will be eaten. I recall arguing with a poster who was adamant that Devine was shit that he had seen enough in the conference league to 'know' he will never make it. Well Mourinho and Conte both are just as adamant that he is a prospect. I think Devine also is a natural and think Etete has enough about him if trusted and nutured to be a first team player. We need to back our youngsters and spend money on only top level overseas talent. Loris Van Der Vart,Modric. Top talent but no more Emerson/Aureir/Docherty they are not better than KWP. Parrott is pleasantly surprising me looks like Penny is dropping.

We have some intresting young players bubbling under. I think some humble pie will be eaten. I recall arguing with a poster who was adamant that Devine was shit that he had seen enough in the conference league to 'know' he will never make it. Well Mourinho and Conte both are just as adamant that he is a prospect. I think Devine also is a natural and think Etete has enough about him if trusted and nutured to be a first team player. We need to back our youngsters and spend money on only top level overseas talent. Loris Van Der Vart,Modric. Top talent but no more Emerson/Aureir/Docherty they are not better than KWP. Parrott is pleasantly surprising me looks like Penny is dropping.

Absolutely correct.

The one problem for us is that youngsters develop at an inconsistent rate so its not always easy to predict which of the youngsters will come through.

As an example I wouldn't have had Kallum Cesay on the list of 'possibles' who might break through - but I might now, even though it'll still be a relatively low probability at this stage. But a good pre-season 2022 and/or a L1 loan next season and anything is possible.

Having said that I do not think its practicable for the club to bring through more than 2 youngsters a year, even though they might have a pool of half a dozen youngsters all within 2 or 3 years of each other to choose from. And even 2 youngsters a year would be amazingly good. But we do have 2 or 3 players each year where is possible to say 'he might just make it '

Back
Top Bottom