Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

E u16's are taking part in the Montaigu Tournament in France with the match schedule of :

12 April - England-Netherlands

14 April - England-Mexico

16 April - England-Brazil

18 April - Tournament Final

Samuel Amo-Ameyaw and Oliver Irow apparently in the England squad

England u15's are going to the Delle Nazioni Tournament which will be held between 22 April to 2 May with teams divided into 4 groups and England's a match schedule is :

25 April - England-Chile
27.April - Italy-England

29 April - Semi Final
1st May - Final

Maschile U15 risultati

Mikey Moore from Spurs has been called up - quite prolific goal scorer

Question for the youth team experts - are the teams playing the same system as the first team? Ie wingbacks?
Also is there a decent RB/wingback that might/could make the step up in Dohertys absence?

Question for the youth team experts - are the teams playing the same system as the first team? Ie wingbacks?
Also is there a decent RB/wingback that might/could make the step up in Dohertys absence?
I'm pretty sure not although it's a while since I saw a youth game.

I recall one of the things that Hoddle did when he took over Chavs was get all the teams at the club playing the same system as the first XI, which I thought made good sense.

I'm pretty sure not although it's a while since I saw a youth game.

I recall one of the things that Hoddle did when he took over Chavs was get all the teams at the club playing the same system as the first XI, which I thought made good sense.
I haven't seen a yoot game for a while but in general our defenders are big and strong rather than skilful.
The only winger type is Santiago and he's not good enough.
For wingbacks I guess Paskotski and Lavinier are outside bets but White is probably the nearest potential candidate. He has played FB for the 1st team in pre-season.

Last edited:

I'd suggest Conte is playing the system he is now as he thinks it gets the best out of the players he has, and the youth teams do not follow the first team system.

In terms of options in Spurs youth to play RWB, or at least an attacking right full back, I'd suggest Marcel Lavinier (RWB/LWB) now aged 21 who made a 15 minute cameo in EL, Kallum Cesay, now aged 19, who played in pre-season as a full back and recently gained his first Sierra Leone cap as RM scoring 2 goals and Maksim Paskotsi, who has a dozen Estonian caps, now aged 18, who also played as an attacking RB in pre season, Jamie Bowden now aged 20 who was loaned out to Oldham in the first half of the season has played as RB/RWB before although usually plays as a CM. Harvey White, who is a left footed CM and played as a LWB in pre-season for Poch one time, seems to be happy attacking from the right as well as left these days, so he might be a slightly more experienced option, although not a natural in the role.

All of these have trained with the first team within the last month, so all possibilities and Conte is familiar with them all to some extent, but I suspect Conte will use a first team player for preference as a back to Emerson Royal who I think will play most of the remaining 7 first team matches - rather than play a youth player.

IMO Ryan Sessegnon, if fit would best provide cover as RWB as he played on both left and right at Fulham, Moura would be fine in attack but poor in defence whilst Bergwijn was forced by Mourhino to play as a defensive right winger which is very similar to a RWB role. But there are a number of RWB options in youth, if Conte needs them.

E u16's are taking part in the Montaigu Tournament in France with the match schedule of :

12 April - England-Netherlands

14 April - England-Mexico

16 April - England-Brazil

18 April - Tournament Final

Samuel Amo-Ameyaw and Oliver Irow apparently in the England squad

1.Ted Curd - Chelsea
2.Joshua Acheampong - Chelsea
3.Jayden Meghoma - Tottenham
4.Michael Golding - Chelsea
5.Lakyle Samuel - Manchester City
6.Isaiah Dada-Mascoll - Manchester City
7.Tyrique George - Chelsea
8. Archie Gray - Leeds
9.Jimmy Jay Morgan - Southampton
10.Kiano Dyer - Chelsea
11.Samuel Amo-Ameyaw - Tottenham
12.Wellity Omoruyi - Liverpool
13.Samuel Proctor - Aston Villa
14.Justin Oboavwoduo - Manchester City
15.Zach Abbott - Nottingham Forest
16.Travis Akomeah - Chelsea
17.Oliver Irow - Tottenham
18.Daniel Rigge -Manchester City
19.Ethan Nwaner i- Woolwich
20.Waylon Renecke - Norwich

England u16 Squad now seems to include 3 Spurs players - Meghoma, Amo-Ameyaw and Irow

That was an amazing team and individual performance

Thought he’d drawn neck and neck with the other young (potential) stars, just before injury.

Saw some movement ability that slightly sets players apart, however quite a bit of that was in ways which may hyper extend him, he may not immediately/ever trust his body the way he was working it before.

Really hope he heals well.

Lavinier in the Brighton training gallery pics.

Surely we’re getting to the point with Marcel where we have to decide next steps? He’s 21 now, isn’t he?
Can he become a RWB rather than an RB, Can he fully break into the senior squad, Is it time to go on loan, etc.

Surely we’re getting to the point with Marcel where we have to decide next steps? He’s 21 now, isn’t he?
Can he become a RWB rather than an RB, Can he fully break into the senior squad, Is it time to go on loan, etc.
His DOB is 16/12/2020 so he is U21 this season and available to play.
2022/23 he will have to be given a squad place.
He always looks decent to good when I watch him play so maybe a loan next season?

His DOB is 16/12/2020 so he is U21 this season and available to play.
2022/23 he will have to be given a squad place.
He always looks decent to good when I watch him play so maybe a loan next season?

I must admit I haven’t seen a huge amount of him, but he’s looked good in the games I’ve seen. I think he’s got potential so maybe a loan with regular playing time would be a good move for him next season.

Back
Top Bottom