Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Generation 2023: 20 of the best talents at Premier League clubs​

We pick the best youngsters at each club born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2007, an age band known as first-year scholars.

Mikey Moore
ClubTottenham
PositionAttacking midfielder/winger
Born11 August 2007
It was the moment when it felt as though the secret was out, when Mikey Moore entered the Tottenham mainstream. The Under-17 Premier League Cup final against Nottingham Forest in April was streamed on the club’s TV channel and a large viewership saw Moore score twice in a 5-1 win, the first a mazy dribble and finish. He does this a lot. Moore has many qualities but he really quickens the pulse when he runs at opponents, gliding past them as if they are not there. Later that month, Moore would make his under-21 debut for Spurs – aged 15 – becoming the youngest player in the modern era to appear for them at that level. He was a part of the team that won the Under-18 Premier League Cup final in May and there was no little happiness when he committed his long-term future to the club in June. Plenty of rivals had wanted to lure away the boy who has been with Spurs since the age of seven. David Hytner
Watch Mikey Moore in action (first of two goals scored after 2:51 here)

Caught up with the City game earlier. Triangle of Keeley Dorrington and Paskotsi gives us a good technical base on which to build from. Santiago excelled on the wing and Donley was Donley, dropping into space and linking up the play sublimely. Lack of natural left sided balance will hurt us across the season but can only be delighted with that result.

I hope you enjoyed the game.

Not so painful as your last visit I suspect !

Feel free to post any thoughts on the spurs players
Just got home. The game was as good as the scoreline suggests.

I tried to work out the difference between the 2 sides with my mate. Yes, Col were poor but i thought we were really well-drilled. Any time we had possession from the halfway line we were in their box and looked dangerous. Could have had 3 or 4 more, no exaggeration.

I only saw one goal at my end but caught plenty of plenty of our defensive side. Which i was surprised to see we didn't really adopt Ange ball. Both the fullbacks hugged their lines. Dorrington and Philips were very solid and Philips never lost a header.

Got to say though to be fair, Colchester had only about 4 first-teamers playing (so my mate told me, i wouldn't have known tbh) They were very poor.

Good game and a good night.

Back
Top Bottom