Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could be the long term replacement for Kane. He’s a scorer and provider, much like what Kane did for us.

He does feel a bit like a Kane-lite in his striking ability and technique just not quite as strong as Kane in build.

I definitely think his future though is a number 10 or a 8/10 hybrid. Not a lead the line striker, personally.

Don't think Donley will ever be a 30 goal a season Prem striker like Kane was. But can easily be a HG player with serious first team ability.

He could probably do with a loan in January when he turns 19 - but having a squad over the next few years consisting of Phillips, Dorrington, Donley, Devine would be a real joy.

From last season where I don't think we scored in any of our 3 group games in EFL Trophy to scoring 5 in our first game in Group stages of EFL Trophy is just ridiculous.

Having said that, I think our front 4 now of Santiago, Lankshear, Soonsup-Bell fed by Donley is an insanely good (for this level) set of players.

Lyons-Foster is now 22 and adds experience to the side, Craig is solid enough in midfeld, Phillips and Dorrington very good as CB's, whilst both Ashcroft (injured for much of last season) and Sayers did pretty well as RB and LB respectively in front of Keeley who's ;looking a decent keeper.

I do hope Ange and other Spurs coaches take a look at a video of this game, as (1) A number of these players would benefit from training with first team NOW - and dare I say it not look out of place (2) Some of these players will look good on loan to L1 or L2 sides.

From last season where I don't think we scored in any of our 3 group games in EFL Trophy to scoring 5 in our first game in Group stages of EFL Trophy is just ridiculous.

Having said that, I think our front 4 now of Santiago, Lankshear, Soonsup-Bell fed by Donley is an insanely good (for this level) set of players.

Lyons-Foster is now 22 and adds experience to the side, Craig is solid enough in midfeld, Phillips and Dorrington very good as CB's, whilst both Ashcroft (injured for much of last season) and Sayers did pretty well as RB and LB respectively in front of Keeley who's ;looking a decent keeper.

I do hope Ange and other Spurs coaches take a look at a video of this game, as (1) A number of these players would benefit from training with first team NOW - and dare I say it not look out of place (2) Some of these players will look good on loan to L1 or L2 sides.
After tonight's game Colchester might want a few

So our u21's record this season :

Spurs 5-0 Mancity (A)
Spurs 4-1 Newcastle (H)
Spurs 2-0 Derby (A)
Spurs 3-2 Sunderland (H) PL Cup
Spurs 4-0 Blackburn (H)
Spurs 5-0 Colchester (A) EFL Trophy

So in total 23 - 3, GD+20 from 6 wins out of 6 games.

Not bad for a side saved from relegation last season by a rule change - and yes I get that Soonsup-Bell, Lankshear and Ashcroft were injured for a big part of last season whilst at Spurs.

But its only really Donley and Dorrington (2nd half of last season they were feeling their way into u21's) and Phillips of course is new this season.

I hope you enjoyed the game.

Not so painful as your last visit I suspect !

Feel free to post any thoughts on the spurs players
Just got home. The game was as good as the scoreline suggests.

I tried to work out the difference between the 2 sides with my mate. Yes, Col were poor but i thought we were really well-drilled. Any time we had possession from the halfway line we were in their box and looked dangerous. Could have had 3 or 4 more, no exaggeration.

I only saw one goal at my end but caught plenty of plenty of our defensive side. Which i was surprised to see we didn't really adopt Ange ball. Both the fullbacks hugged their lines. Dorrington and Philips were very solid and Philips never lost a header.

Got to say though to be fair, Colchester had only about 4 first-teamers playing (so my mate told me, i wouldn't have known tbh) They were very poor.

Good game and a good night.

He does feel a bit like a Kane-lite in his striking ability and technique just not quite as strong as Kane in build.

I definitely think his future though is a number 10 or a 8/10 hybrid. Not a lead the line striker, personally.

Don't think Donley will ever be a 30 goal a season Prem striker like Kane was. But can easily be a HG player with serious first team ability.

He could probably do with a loan in January when he turns 19 - but having a squad over the next few years consisting of Phillips, Dorrington, Donley, Devine would be a real joy.

I agree with your first three paragraphs but not sure about the last one. This looks like a good team. It might be better for him just to be part of a good under 21s side, build confidence and ability and next season go out on loan. I’m not sure I trust the club to send players off to the right teams anyway. He’ll need men’s football but at 19 there’s still plenty of time for that.

I agree with your first three paragraphs but not sure about the last one. This looks like a good team. It might be better for him just to be part of a good under 21s side, build confidence and ability and next season go out on loan. I’m not sure I trust the club to send players off to the right teams anyway. He’ll need men’s football but at 19 there’s still plenty of time for that.

I don't mind him staying on the rest of the season. But half a seasons in men's football and bringing him on the pre season tour with a view of potentially being first team squad next season (instead of a loan out) makes me happier

Jude Soonsup-Bell looks like a great pick up from Chelsea.

Joined on last day of transfer window of January 2023 apparently for no fee (but likely a development fee) and a sell on clause as his Chelsea contract only ran to June 2023 and he was adamant he wasn't signing another one.

Only about 2 year ago he was seen as an up and coming star getting as far as a first team debut against Brentford in a domestic cup in December 2021. But over the next year his form took a tumble and he was looking at the multi million pound transfers coming to Chelsea and realised he was going nowhere.

In 2nd half of last season he played a few u21 games for Spurs taking a little time to adjust to change of club before getting injured. But he's started this season really well scoring and getting assists (total 9 goal involvements this season in 6 games) and getting back to the form where he was regarded as a top talent.

I think in Ange system he'd make a very decent right winger. And another who could probably benefit from a loan in January when he will just turn to being 20 years old.

Back
Top Bottom