Spurs Youth 24/25 (including younger players loaned out)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of the players released last season,

Mathurin -> Reading
Muir -> UoK Wildcats
Mundle -> Standard Liege
Bloxham -> Blackburn
Owen -> Brentford
Fagan-Walcott -> Cardiff
Bryan-Waugh ->Enfield Town
Kallum Cesay -> Wealdstone
Jamie Bowden went on trial with Wimbledon in the summer as well as Deportivo in Spain and rumoured to have been training with Wolves but looks like he was the only one to not find a club.

Hopefully the players released this season all find clubs, will be keeping an eye on them.

Morgan ->QPR
Sayers ->
Heaps ->
Willhoft-King ->

Really surprised Bowden without a club, thought he might be the most likely to get a club albeit at say L1/L2 level

Heaps did trial at Reading for a couple of games, not seen him play there since.

Football Chap Football Chap . A few links for Will Lankshear to go on loan : can we review his position as a Club trained player :

45.04 UEFA Documents
A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.

Will joined Spurs 31 August 2022, about 2 weeks after first match of season 22/23
Will will turn 21 on 20/4/26.

i) Under the 3 season rule, 22/23 does not count as its a part season only, so would need to be 23/24, 24/25 and 25/26 ...... but he turns 21 in 25/26 which is fine, but it means he cannot go on loan and become CT

Unless uefa are less stringent on 22/23

ii) Under the 36 month rule, given Will came to Spurs on 31/8/22 that runs to 31/8/25 just over 7 months before he turns 21 so there is space for a 6 month loan but not a year long loan.

Do you agree ?

If so its unlikely Will becomes CT as he's bound to need a loan.

So our short term chances of getting 2 or 3 CT players rest with Parrott, Scarlett, Santiago, Devine, Donley and maybe Abbott ... and longer term Moore, Hall et al.

Football Chap Football Chap . A few links for Will Lankshear to go on loan : can we review his position as a Club trained player :

45.04 UEFA Documents
A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.

Will joined Spurs 31 August 2022, about 2 weeks after first match of season 22/23
Will will turn 21 on 20/4/26.

i) Under the 3 season rule, 22/23 does not count as its a part season only, so would need to be 23/24, 24/25 and 25/26 ...... but he turns 21 in 25/26 which is fine, but it means he cannot go on loan and become CT

Unless uefa are less stringent on 22/23

ii) Under the 36 month rule, given Will came to Spurs on 31/8/22 that runs to 31/8/25 just over 7 months before he turns 21 so there is space for a 6 month loan but not a year long loan.

Do you agree ?

If so its unlikely Will becomes CT as he's bound to need a loan.

So our short term chances of getting 2 or 3 CT players rest with Parrott, Scarlett, Santiago, Devine, Donley and maybe Abbott ... and longer term Moore, Hall et al.
I think he can become CT because I think he'll still be registered with us while he's on loan. You can see on the premier league list from after the January window that players loaned out like Phillips were still registed in the premier league as u21s.

Had a bit of a look and I believe the registered at 1 club thing comes from the FA handbook but there's a big 'or' there which I think allows you to keep them registered while they're on loan because they'll only have a playing contract with 1 club (which is why Phillips couldn't come back and play our 1st team games).
fa-rules.png

I think for List B he'll qualify on 31st August 2024 which is just after the window but before the Europa squad registration so he can be on List B if he's not loaned out, or can go on loan and be on List B next season.

I think he can become CT because I think he'll still be registered with us while he's on loan. You can see on the premier league list from after the January window that players loaned out like Phillips were still registed in the premier league as u21s.

Had a bit of a look and I believe the registered at 1 club thing comes from the FA handbook but there's a big 'or' there which I think allows you to keep them registered while they're on loan because they'll only have a playing contract with 1 club (which is why Phillips couldn't come back and play our 1st team games).
fa-rules.png

I think for List B he'll qualify on 31st August 2024 which is just after the window but before the Europa squad registration so he can be on List B if he's not loaned out, or can go on loan and be on List B next season.

Thanks for that. Better than I'd hoped.

Do you happen to know if loans to overseas clubs are treated the same way, I guess it comes back to whether Spurs can keep them registered as an u21 ? I seem to recall Ryan Mason falling foul of the rules when he went on loan to a French club but never played - but rules might also have changed as well.

Of the players released last season,

Mathurin -> Reading
Muir -> UoK Wildcats
Mundle -> Standard Liege
Bloxham -> Blackburn
Owen -> Brentford
Fagan-Walcott -> Cardiff
Bryan-Waugh ->Enfield Town
Kallum Cesay -> Wealdstone
Jamie Bowden went on trial with Wimbledon in the summer as well as Deportivo in Spain and rumoured to have been training with Wolves but looks like he was the only one to not find a club.

Hopefully the players released this season all find clubs, will be keeping an eye on them.

Morgan ->QPR
Sayers ->
Heaps ->
Willhoft-King ->
Mundle came back after signed by Sunderland.
Thought Mathurin is at Palace.

Thanks for that. Better than I'd hoped.

Do you happen to know if loans to overseas clubs are treated the same way, I guess it comes back to whether Spurs can keep them registered as an u21 ? I seem to recall Ryan Mason falling foul of the rules when he went on loan to a French club but never played - but rules might also have changed as well.
Not 100% sure but Parrott is on the u21 list there even though he was loaned so presumably can.

Ange Postecoglou on the European Championships so far:

"Football is changing all the time, I just love the fearlessness of throwing young players in, and they’ve already made an impact, I mean sometimes as managers we try to wrap young players in cotton wool, but 21 year olds even 16 year olds making an impact straight away, I’ve found it so exciting."

Maybe didn't get to see it quite as much as we would have liked while he was still settling in his first season but pretty encouraging words. I'm sure any academy players staying around next season will be motivated by this.

Ange Postecoglou on the European Championships so far:

"Football is changing all the time, I just love the fearlessness of throwing young players in, and they’ve already made an impact, I mean sometimes as managers we try to wrap young players in cotton wool, but 21 year olds even 16 year olds making an impact straight away, I’ve found it so exciting."

Maybe didn't get to see it quite as much as we would have liked while he was still settling in his first season but pretty encouraging words. I'm sure any academy players staying around next season will be motivated by this.
He didn’t do much throwing in of young players last season. 5 minutes here and there was the total size of it.

He didn’t do much throwing in of young players last season. 5 minutes here and there was the total size of it.
Yeah, as I said, would have liked to see a bit more but probably takes a bit of time to work out what you can get away with at this level, especially when you take over a transitioning side and are trying to implement a new philosophy. Hopefully he gets a chance to see some of them a bit more in preseason.

Back
Top Bottom