Stadium for our conference league home matches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where should home ties be played at??

• Total voters
Levy would be mad not to, this is the cups fledgling year, UFEA obviously want it to be a success I’m sure, and no better way to gain some favour from UFEA than to showcase this thing at a packed WHL every game....We are one of the biggest, if not the biggest draw in it, and we should advertise the club in that way....
And he'll sell more food !

The games could and should be great opportunities for fans that can't afford the bigger games to bring their kids down and get them bitten by the Spurs bug.
There is no downside to the competition except to have to put up with the snobs decrying it. The same who sneer when we beat teams below us in the table.

I really don't get the hate for this competition.

The teams aren't close to as bad as people want to make it out to be and it is a good chance for us to get young players key minutes.

If we make the changes that most hope we do we will want games to give young players a chance and to evaluate them.

For example, it would be great to have these games playing Rodon-Tanganga together as a CB pair, get them minutes together and see how they work as a pair against Qarabag rather than Salah-Mane and LIverpool.

Get a chance to play Sessegnon at LB so he can work out kinks against Feyernoord and not City.

Lets hold it at new White Hart Lane, pack the stadium full of fans that might not get the chance to go to the more expensive games. create a fun atmosphere and have some fun. There is such a lack of excitement and fun around this team for two years why not enjoy some midweek football in games in which we should dominate and watch some young kids get a run out.
This competition is dumb and unnecessary but I agree that it's a really good opportunity to actually play some academy prospects in meaningful matches at NWHL. Sell tickets at £10/£5, throw the U23s with a few senior players in the mix at it and it seems like an enjoyable evening.

It's been an awful couple of football seasons and an awful actual pandemic-ridden 18 months by next August. Let's make the most of it.

Steady, there's some big clubs in League One. Maybe we should join Scottish League Two to be safe.
Fuck, you're right. Sunderland is there! Hull City! Christ, there might be 4 or 5 teams that have played Premier League football at some point in the league. Better not risk it.

Let's wait & see if Levy's recent act of contrition and damascean revelation about his past failings extends to cheap tickets for these games. I bet it doesn't.

I get why people are not enthused about this.

Sure it's a cup to win but it's third tier. It'd be like if they started a domestic cup below the Carabao and Spurs and Villa entered with a bunch of league one teams, hardly gets the blood flowing.

And sure it will be useful in the early stages to give squad players more time but I doubt it will be much different to the Europa League in our team selection. We have a big squad and senior players need minutes so don't expect to watch the under 18s line up - in reality it will be Dele, Bergjwin and Lucas bumbling around with Scarlett coming on for 20 mins at the end if we're lucky.

And you know as soon as we get to the knockout stages the first teamers are getting involved. By then the standard is basically the same as the Europa League group stages so we won't be able to take the piss with our lineups. We saw how that went in the EL this season. Essentially we still have to put in the same effort but for far less prestige.

Then we are in the situation of reaching a new low if we actually don't win it and if we do it will take pride of place slightly above the Audi Cup.

The biggest issue is just the disruption it causes to the schedule especially with a new manager trying to implement new ideas and hopefully a lot of fresh faces in the squad that need to settle. Even if the first XI are not playing at all for a while there is still an impact.

I thought we could have done with a season out of Europe to take a breather and rebuild properly.

That being said I look forward to watching Sanchez get skinned on a rainy Thursday (?) night in Edinburgh against the mighty Hibs.

Back
Top Bottom