Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
Poch chose Lo Celso over Bruno, even the player himself said something along those lines

We had agreed a fee of £25 million for Grealish (his brother confirmed he'd even been to the stadium on Villa forums) and the new Villa owners said part of the takeover deal had to be that Grealish wasn't sold

Dybala it seems we were close but then it became aparant about the 3rd party ownership and we rightly back out

James Ward Prowse.... haven't we been 'supposedly' trying to sign him since Hoddle was still here

Bur yeah, you lot keep up with your anti-Levy bias.

No proof on GLC over Fernandes but if true, probably gave Levy cause to sack him.
Grealish all true
Everyone knew there was a TP issue with Dybala as Man United did the dance the week before us and gave up for that exact reason.
We have done that dance over and over, there's no way we'd have got to the final throws before unexpectedly finding out.
Ward Prowse is highly rated. By people who only watch MOTD.

It's both. We didn't play a high pressing game when Redknapp's side was tearing teams apart. Even the first season of AVB where the football wasn't great but we were winning more than losing. As soon as the fear factor goes, opposition teams are more encouraged to have a go.

I don't disagree with anything you say about our decline by the way. I'm just saying there's another dynamic.

I don't think the high press, high intensity game is sustainable for most teams. You need young and fit players to do it. Invariably if it's a success, those young players become household names and fan favourites but they stop being able to handle the system by 26/27 and ideally need to be moved on (not all)
Fans won't tolerate it though and will accuse the club of being unambitious and a selling club. So they keep the players until they're broken and can' handle the system anymore and end up where we are.
and I agree with you too.

The thing is just look at Liverpool, Bayern & City (especially Bayern & City) they play their way for the season after season (some tweaks here and there due to personnel and probably surprise factor but ultimately you know exactly what you're going to see from game to game.

We are BETTER today (it's just not great on the eye at the moment) than we were under Redknapp though (half the season was brilliant potential title-winning stuff, the other half was dogshit relegation level of form!!)

I'm not just wedding myself to high-pressing football, any style of football that wins football matches week in and week out will mean the oppo will fear playing them.

If he's gone, he's gone. If he was a bit of a third wheel after Paratici arrived, so be it. If we are using data to help find more players, and sort out who will be good, who won't be, and are then signing the right players for sustainable prices, then I don't give a shit who the person doing it. The point is having a professional process that works. If he felt he no longer fit in, and wanted to go elsewhere, that's fine.

Anyone else secretly (or not secretly) hope Steve "I hate it" Hitchen does a no holds barred interview and spills all the beans about what it's like to be in charge of transfers at a club run by Levy?

I'd watch it.
I'd probably pay to watch it.

Anyone else secretly (or not secretly) hope Steve "I hate it" Hitchen does a no holds barred interview and spills all the beans about what it's like to be in charge of transfers at a club run by Levy?

I'd watch it.
Issue is I don't know if I'd trust him. Not because I trust Levy. But because his transfer record is hideous.

We'll have a much better idea two years from now, because he's at a club that certainly isn't afraid to splash the cash.

I'd watch it.
Why would he commit career suicide like that? He won't retire at Everton, and doing a tell all burying a former employer is a great way to ensure you never get another high profile interview again.

Back
Top Bottom