Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
Why would he commit career suicide like that? He won't retire at Everton, and doing a tell all burying a former employer is a great way to ensure you never get another high profile interview again.
Haha that's an interesting slip - I assume you mean 'job' rather than 'interview' at the end there - I'm pretty sure spilling the beans will get you plenty of future high profile interviews... ;)

Why would he commit career suicide like that? He won't retire at Everton, and doing a tell all burying a former employer is a great way to ensure you never get another high profile interview again.
He won't, because he, like all the ex coaches probably got a decent pay off to keep quiet.

So the latest Ally Gold video says Hitchen got a lot of these deals to the brink of being done and Levy put a block on it because he wanted the deal cheaper.

Nothing will change because Hitchen has gone. In fact, for all we know, it could get worse.
This is a depressing thought.

So the latest Ally Gold video says Hitchen got a lot of these deals to the brink of being done and Levy put a block on it because he wanted the deal cheaper.

Nothing will change because Hitchen has gone. In fact, for all we know, it could get worse.

Been saying that all along in this entire thread but people still want to blame Hitchin, it's so weird.

I think though Levy has found a better DOF for the way he wants to the club to conduct business, from the looks of it Paratici is a bit of an Italian wheeler deeler who loves a deal, I don't know whether that's a good thing for Spurs or not especialyl considering Levy vetoed a lot of Hitchen's suggestions.

Been saying that all along in this entire thread but people still want to blame Hitchin, it's so weird.

I think though Levy has found a better DOF for the way he wants to the club to conduct business, from the looks of it Paratici is a bit of an Italian wheeler deeler who loves a deal, I don't know whether that's a good thing for Spurs or not especialyl considering Levy vetoed a lot of Hitchen's suggestions.

The issue with Hitchen is not who he didn't buy but who he did. HALF A BILLION quid wasted on nothing players. Other clubs look at attitude as well as skill, if we did that we would have never signed Ndombole.

Don't get me wrong, Levy is ultimately responsible, he employed the guy, but to say he was even remotely competent is so far from the truth its a joke.

And as we keep pointing out, we don't really give a shit who Hitchen didn't get to sign, we care about the players that he did, and it has been a dismal 5 years.

Funny; cos Hitchens himself was quoted putting a lot of blame on Poch wanting different players.

Either way I think it's bollocks; main reason being, it's folly rating a head scout on them making recommendations of known quantities like Dybala, De Jong etc. (and similarly Mane & Toby - see Mitchel).....

Unearthing gems is what these guys ought to be rated on.

Meaningless hypothetical.....

Highlights of Fab's first 2 windows vs Hitchen's last 2:

Romero, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Gil (green, but quality), Sarr (TBC)

vs

PEH & Reguillon.

Last edited:
Go back to bed and then get out again but this time, do it on the right side.
You're asking me to disprove a negative.

It's elementary school imaginary nonsense. You're sitting here day dreaming about alternative scenarios and poking fun at other people for being wrong-headed?

You're a silly boy.

I'm not sold on Paratici yet but he comes in during the summer and we get Romero. Before that the players we were linked with were Vestergaard and Andersen.

Another example where Hitchen was shit. I don't know how anyone can give him anything but a hard time for his recruitment. It was appalling.

You're asking me to disprove a negative.

It's elementary school imaginary nonsense. You're sitting here day dreaming about alternative scenarios and poking fun at other people for being wrong-headed?

You're a silly boy.
I'm worried that whilst some people are celebrating the "loss" of Hitchen, the club may actually sink to worse depths now he's gone.

Levy is still here.

I'm worried that whilst some people are celebrating the "loss" of Hitchen, the club may actually sink to worse depths now he's gone.

Levy is still here.

What is this mystical up-side you're so hung up on losing?

Back
Top Bottom