Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
What's wrong with you? He's equally responsible for all the good ones and all the bad ones.

Blah, blah, blah we're shit blah, blah, blah .... is that your only thought?

If you won't define success or failure based on our 100 years of history, what the feck will you define it on?

We built a mega stadium and have yet to see a full seasons income from it, let alone the opportunity to invest that income into the squad, yet here you are saying failing to finish inside the top 6 for the first time since 2010 is a failure by Steve Hitchin .... hmmmm .... remember before he arrived we only finished in the top 6 twice since 1990 .... oh I forgot our history doesn't matter to you.

Not saying that's all on him, but clearly that's hardly failing, is it?

Any of the signings you haven't picked out as "failures" would then be by your own selection be a success. 43 players signed contracts between 2017 and 2021 you selected the 'failures' ergo it's all those that are left that are successes. Or are you saying all 43 were shit?

Who were the good ones? How many times do I have to pose this question to you until you actually give me a genuine answer? Who do you rate out of the Hitchens signings? It's incredible listening to you try and spin this like a terrible politician, his job was recruitment right? Who did he recruit who were good value for money footballers?

You're summing up all the good stuff we've done as a football club in recent years and bizarrely giving Hitchens far too much credit. He wasn't responsible for appointing Poch, or managing the youth academy which saw Kane emerge, or even signing guys like Eriksen or Lloris who were key to these sides. He signed most of the players who saw us slide DOWN the table, not up.

And yes, he failed. He failed at his job to bring in quality footballers to improve our first team. Why you're so passionately arguing against this statement is beyond me. The man's gone to relegation threatened Everton and we're rid of him, would you want him back? Were you happy with his work?

Who were the good ones? How many times do I have to pose this question to you until you actually give me a genuine answer? Who do you rate out of the Hitchens signings? It's incredible listening to you try and spin this like a terrible politician, his job was recruitment right? Who did he recruit who were good value for money footballers?

You're summing up all the good stuff we've done as a football club in recent years and bizarrely giving Hitchens far too much credit. He wasn't responsible for appointing Poch, or managing the youth academy which saw Kane emerge, or even signing guys like Eriksen or Lloris who were key to these sides. He signed most of the players who saw us slide DOWN the table, not up.

And yes, he failed. He failed at his job to bring in quality footballers to improve our first team. Why you're so passionately arguing against this statement is beyond me. The man's gone to relegation threatened Everton and we're rid of him, would you want him back? Were you happy with his work?

CANT YOU READ? #658

Any of the signings you haven't picked out as "failures" would then be, by your own selection, a success. 43 players signed contracts between 2017 and 2021 you selected the 'failures' ergo it's all those that are left that are successes

These are all the players who signed Pro terms, Loan deals or Contracts in the last five years. You named the "failures" the rest are a success.

FYI - The ones in bold got us to a CL final ... but what does that matter?

ARRIVALS 15/16
PlayersTransfer sum
Heung-min SonBay. Leverkusen£27.00m
Toby AlderweireldAtlético Madrid£14.40m
Clinton N'JieOlympique Lyon£12.69m
Kevin WimmerFC Köln£5.40m
Kieran TrippierBurnley£4.41m
DeAndre YedlinSunderlandEnd of loan
Alex PritchardWest BromEnd of loan
Josh OnomahSpurs U18-
ARRIVALS 16/17
PlayersTransfer sum
Moussa SissokoNewcastle£31.50m
Vincent JanssenAZ Alkmaar£19.80m
Victor WanyamaSouthampton£12.96m
Georges-Kevin N'KoudouMarseille£9.90m
Pau LópezEspanyolLoan fee:
Cameron Carter-VickersTottenham U23-
Harry WinksTottenham U23
ARRIVALS 17/18
PlayersTransfer sum
Davinson SánchezAjax£37.80m
Lucas MouraParis SG£25.56m
Serge AurierParis SG£22.50m
Fernando LlorenteSwansea£13.59m
Juan FoythEstudiantes£11.70m
Paulo GazzanigaSouthampton
Cameron Carter-VickersSheff UtdEnd of loan
Josh OnomahAston VillaEnd of loan
Georges-Kevin N'KoudouBurnleyEnd of loan
Cameron Carter-VickersIpswichEnd of loan
Kyle Walker-PetersTottenham U23-
ARRIVALS 18/19
PlayersTransfer sum
Josh OnomahSheff WedEnd of loan
Cameron Carter-VickersSwanseaEnd of loan
Oliver SkippTottenham U23-
ARRIVALS 19/20
PlayersTransfer sum
Tanguy NdombéléOlympique Lyon£54.00m
Steven BergwijnPSV Eindhoven£27.00m
Ryan SessegnonFulham£24.30m
Giovani Lo CelsoReal BetisLoan fee:
Jack ClarkeLeeds£9.90m
Gedson FernandesBenficaLoan fee:
Japhet TangangaTottenham U23-
Alfie WhitemanTottenham U23-
Michel VormWithout Club-
ARRIVALS 20/21
PlayersTransfer sum
Giovani Lo CelsoReal Betis£28.80m
Sergio ReguilónReal Madrid£27.00m
Matt DohertyWolves£15.12m
Pierre-Emile HöjbjergSouthampton£14.94m
Joe RodonSwansea£10.89m
Carlos ViníciusBenficaLoan fee:
Joe HartBurnleyfree transfer
Gareth BaleReal Madridloan transfer

Last edited:
CANT YOU READ? #658

Any of the signings you haven't picked out as "failures" would then be, by your own selection, a success. 43 players signed contracts between 2017 and 2021 you selected the 'failures' ergo it's all those that are left that are successes

These are all the players who signed Pro terms, Loan deals or Contracts in the last five years. You named the "failures" the rest are a success.

My god you're a nightmare to 'converse' with. Nothing about your own opinion on which of these players were actually good, just some nonsensical way to measure success. When you look at that list, do you see success? Do you see good recruitment?

Actually don't answer. I really don't care.

My god you're a nightmare to 'converse' with. Nothing about your own opinion on which of these players were actually good, just some nonsensical way to measure success. When you look at that list, do you see success? Do you see good recruitment?

You can't even grasp the concept that you're talking utter shit - that's just sad.

Hitchins oversaw the signing of thirteen players that took Spurs to their (so far) only CL Final in our history - what a useless cunt he was, is that really what you think?

You can't even grasp the concept that you're talking utter shit - that's just sad.

Hitchins oversaw the signing of thirteen players that took Spurs to their (so far) only CL Final in our history - what a useless cunt he was, is that really what you think?

You realise he didn't sign most of the players you highlighted right? Like Hitchens never signed Son or Toby .. at all.

Hitchens joined us in 2017. Notice how the hit rate of your list goes sharply downwards and the only real major success post Hitchens is probably Lucas, and even that's stretching it?

And I see you're still running with the idea that the players Hitchens signed were the ones who got us to the CL final. Incredible stuff.

You realise he didn't sign most of the players you highlighted right? Like Hitchens never signed Son or Toby .. at all.

Hitchens joined us in 2017. Notice how the hit rate of your list goes sharply downwards and the only real major success post Hitchens is probably Lucas, and even that's stretching it?

And I see you're still running with the idea that the players Hitchens signed were the ones who got us to the CL final. Incredible stuff.
He returned as chief scout in February after leaving us in 2010, I know my history.

Your opinion says everything after 2017 is worse .... yet arguably our most successful season since 1961was 2019 .... agenda much?

So players signed by Hitchin who were in the CL squad didn't in fact get us there - just how deluded are you? That bizarre logic is Incredible stuff indeed

You clearly are beyond educating so let's just leave it there - you think he was shit - I think he played his part in a very decent five year spell.

It was time to move on and no question other clubs will be beating down his door ... but hey what do they all know. Raumdeuterz knows best right.

He returned as chief scout in February after leaving us in 2010, I know my history.

Your opinion says everything after 2017 is worse .... yet arguably our most successful season since 1961was 2019 .... agenda much?

So players signed by Hitchin who were in the CL squad didn't in fact get us there - just how deluded are you? That bizarre logic is Incredible stuff indeed

You clearly are beyond educating so let's just leave it there - you think he was shit - I think he played his part in a very decent five year spell.

It was time to move on and no question other clubs will be beating down his door ... but hey what do they all know. Raumdeuterz knows best right.

Standard The Outsider The Outsider post after being proven totally wrong and offering nothing of substance other than must defend club at all costs on every single issue, even when very clearly mistakes were made. Try to patronise, patronise again, and when all patronising fails walk away clearly fully believing you've really argued your case well.

Nobody reading your posts, not a single person, will actually have been convinced Hitchens did a good job or had much to do with the CL final. But hey, when you include the players Hitchens didn't sign, it all looks great!!!

post after being proven totally wrong and offering nothing of substance other than must defend club at all costs on every single issue, even when very clearly mistakes were made. Try to patronise, patronise again, and when all patronising fails walk away clearly fully believing you've really argued your case well.

Nobody reading your posts, not a single person, will actually have been convinced Hitchens did a good job or had much to do with the CL final. But hey, when you include the players Hitchens didn't sign, it all looks great!!!
Yup the head of scouting and recruitment has nothing to do with the players scouted and recruited - as I said Raumdeuterz knows best - and as he says not a single person can have a different opinion - arrogant and stupid, well played.

Yup the head of scouting and recruitment has nothing to do with the players scouted and recruited - as I said Raumdeuterz knows best - and as he says not a single person can have a different opinion - arrogant and stupid, well played.

You’re welcome to your different opinion, it’s just you’re convincing absolutely nobody. The entire basis of your argument appears to be that we got to a CL final while Hitchens was here, even though the vast majority of players who got us to that final weren’t Hitchens signings. It’s weak. You must know it’s weak.

Not to mention good recruitment leads to sustainable, prolonged success, not a singular cup run. Our decline post final due to actual Hitchens signings tells you absolutely everything you need to know.

It was Levy's fault that we had a self imposed transfer embargo under Poch for a while, and it's Hitchen's fault that when the purse strings finally did open, we spent it on GLC, Ndombele and Sessegnon. We suffered lacklustre window after lacklustre window under him.

Poch ain't teflon mate.

Back
Top Bottom