Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was good today. He created space, had a few shots himself and got the assist on Tanguy's goal.

He just needs to get a goal himself and I think that he will take off. But even when not scoring his work on the field is so important to our offence.

He was good today and did really well, he's definitely short on confidence though. There were a couple of times that he got into the box and just froze or ran into a wall of defenders. He was holding onto the ball and allowing them to close him down, but he could have taken a shot with his first touch as he was in good positions for it. I think he just needs to get back on the score sheet, but otherwise he's been useful.

He’s still got some slack from me after that goal against the Sheik Mansour team on debut. (One of my fondest memories from the new gaff.).

He honestly reminds me of Lennon a bit, with a better pass in him and less of a pure winger. Undroppable mostly because of what he does for the team on both ends, on and off the ball.

Lennon never developed that final shot or finish to get past what he was. I think Berg will.

He's so important to the way we attack

Son/Kane will always get more goals/assists than him but we don't play well when he doesn't start.
Just needs to get his stats up and then he'll be appreciated more.

He honestly reminds me of Lennon a bit, with a better pass in him and less of a pure winger. Undroppable mostly because of what he does for the team on both ends, on and off the ball.

Lennon never developed that final shot or finish to get past what he was. I think Berg will.

Lennon was brainless chicken.. he defended decently I agree but his end product was mainly let down by his brain. He ran, he ran fast, he ran so much that most often just field ended. Or alternatively he took a decision what to do with the ball like 10 sec before and never manage to change his mind if some circumstances changed.

I'd say that Moura is much more like Lennon.
Berg has brain and also quite good touch. Just has confidence issues right now in terms of assisting and scoring.

I was saying this before Sheffield game - even if he is not on scoresheet nor assisting (and he absolutely has to show more on that front in the future), he is still clearly the best option to use.
Last 3 games where he started - Sheffield; Leeds; Liverpool (2 wins + actually Liverpool game was good and could have won it!)
Last 3 games where he did not start - Fulham, Wolves, Leicester (2 draws + loss).

He's so important to the way we attack

Son/Kane will always get more goals/assists than him but we don't play well when he doesn't start.
Just needs to get his stats up and then he'll be appreciated more.
Not arguing, but what do you think he adds to our attacking prowess?

Not arguing, but what do you think he adds to our attacking prowess?

He's a clever player. So usually his movement.

Id love to be good at creating touch comps because id create videos of individual Bergwijn moments of a single game just to show people how good he is at what he does.

Just need to help with the goals now and an assist today is a good way to start.

I thought that meeting me would be your fondest?
:fingers:
I did say “one of”
The Office Reaction GIF

It is funny how we ran into each other randomly a couple of times. (Another of my highlights!!)

Back
Top Bottom