Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope he starts tomorrow, Bergwijn has plenty of quality. We can all see that a third major g/a contributor is badly needed, and if Dele isn't going to see the field I think Bergwijn is best equipped.
He's really composed with the ball, end product will come. Even without it, we look much better as a team than with Lucas or Bale instead of him.

Hope he starts tomorrow, Bergwijn has plenty of quality. We can all see that a third major g/a contributor is badly needed, and if Dele isn't going to see the field I think Bergwijn is best equipped.
He can't shoot , dribble past anyone and doesnt really create anything for others, his whopping zero assists this season bearing testament to that

What is this "quality" that I keep hearing people bang on about

I haven't seen it

Bang average.

Seems shackled. Like a beaten dog. Everytime he is about to go past someone, it looks like he just then remembers the last thrashing he recieved. Then decides against doing it.

Your opinion of Bergwijn is a good test of whether you have any kind of deep appreciation for the game. He's absolutely vital for us, that RW spot is his, no one else comes close.

He's young and has had injury and fitness problems. He works hard and sees the game well. I think he's improving all the time and once he gets a good run of games, he will start scoring and assisting goals. I think he was very good today.

Really composed when he gets the ball. Has the touch of a pillow. I see a lot of potential in him. I think if he was on the receiving end of more passes like the ones Son gets, he’d be getting on the score sheet more often but he has a completely differently role. Definitely a starter for me in the tough games

When Bergwijn plays he's one of the reasons Kane and Son have been so lethal this season, as Bergwijn is constantly making unselfish runs drawing defenders away from Kane and Son. And also does the dirty work of dropping back to cover and defend.

Bergwijn is Moura with a brain. If he can add more end product, and that will come, he will be a top level player. Definitely our best option as RW currently

Back
Top Bottom