Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had 1 good chance and it was a poor shot which in itself is ok as all strikers miss chances but he is not scoring at all. His scoring ability seems on a par with Sissoko, Holjberg & Winks but they are not in the team to score. Now if Bergwijn is not expected to score then that leaves all the scoring to 2 players. The only thing keeping him the team is his defensive abilities and his competitors for the position being no better. If Bale does not improve then we need to replace Bale with someone who scores relegating Bergwijn to the B team.
I'm sure Stevie wants primarily focus on attacking however i'm sure Mou's got a gun to his head telling him to "pocus on dehfence."

I think Bergwijn will be a very useful player once we have new manager with attacking patterns, off-ball movement and a general game plan beyond Kane-kicks-it-over-the-top-to-Son. Watching some of our games back and I can't get over how poorly coached this team is.

I think Bergwijn will be a very useful player once we have new manager with attacking patterns, off-ball movement and a general game plan beyond Kane-kicks-it-over-the-top-to-Son. Watching some of our games back and I can't get over how poorly coached this team is.
We're not coached offensively. We're only coached defensively.

To be fair to the manager, we spend 90 percent of our games playing defence...

You've actually sat and watched them back? I'm honestly contemplating not putting myself though the Chelsea game. I've still not got round to watching the call the midwife Christmas special so I'm thinking of watching that instead.

You've actually sat and watched them back? I'm honestly contemplating not putting myself though the Chelsea game. I've still not got round to watching the call the midwife Christmas special so I'm thinking of watching that instead.
Ah, I'll read a book after work and throw old games on in the backround. I've watched the Brighton Burnley and WBA wins back and the performances are just brutal.

Bergwijn was really good at PSV

You don't just lose that :
- He's adpating to the league . Very rarely do wingers from other leagues come in and make an instant impact
- He's playing in a very defensive role. I'd love to see what he would've done under someone like Poch.

Bang average again tonight but seems to escape the criticism that others get.

He is extremely fortunate to have become almost first choice in his position which probably says a lot about the other options.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt but at some point he needs to show something because right now he wouldn't get a start at any top 8 club apart from us.

He is extremely fortunate to have become almost first choice in his position which probably says a lot about the other options.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt but at some point he needs to show something because right now he wouldn't get a start at any top 8 club apart from us.
lamela showed more intent to go forward tonight than bergwijn has all year.

He'd look a million times better in a side that tried to play attacking football.
you think hes told to be ultra conservative on the ball? he doesnt look like he wants us to attack, if he did maybe he would show some intent himself. never looks to take his man on which is what youd expect him to look to do in the position he plays in. think lamela came on and took more players on tonight than bergwijn has in his spurs career

We should have bought a real RW in the summer to challenge him (sold Lamela and Moura) instead we got the crocked Bale, leaving Bergwijn as the winner by default of that position.

Back
Top Bottom