Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He would've done better than Bale yesterday
He would've helped Doherty.

I think now is his chance with Sonny out too
Nobody should have to 'help' Doherty. This isn't amateur football, you're either good enough to do your job or you don't play. Doherty would get skinned by lads i play 5 a side with, he's not good enough to play at this level. Either he gets good or he gets fucked off. That's the way it is.

Bergwijn needs to stand on his own 2 feet, picking him so he can help out a rubbish right-back wouldn't really help him or us. With Son out if he plays he needs to prove he can score and assist as ultimately that's what players in his position are supposed to do.

Nobody should have to 'help' Doherty. This isn't amateur football, you're either good enough to do your job or you don't play. Doherty would get skinned by lads i play 5 a side with, he's not good enough to play at this level. Either he gets good or he gets fucked off. That's the way it is.

Bergwijn needs to stand on his own 2 feet, picking him so he can help out a rubbish right-back wouldn't really help him or us. With Son out if he plays he needs to prove he can score and assist as ultimately that's what players in his position are supposed to do.
Any FB needs help when the opposition doubles up on him as they did us on Sunday but Bale couldn’t be arsed

Doherty is still shit though!

Last edited:
Any FB needs help when the opposition doubles up on him as they did us on Sunday but Bale couldn’t be arsed
Nothing to do with not being arsed, it's not his job to bail out a diabolically shit right-back. He's picked for his creative output not there to babysit a player who the average park footballer could run past for fun.

The answer on Sunday was get Doherty off the fucking pitch ASAP but no instead the dinosaur cunt takes off our most talented footballer to put another carthorse on there to help the other donkey he's left out there. And people wonder why we're struggling.

Nothing to do with not being arsed, it's not his job to bail out a diabolically shit right-back. He's picked for his creative output not there to babysit a player who the average park footballer could run past for fun.

The answer on Sunday was get Doherty off the fucking pitch ASAP but no instead the dinosaur cunt takes off our most talented footballer to put another carthorse on there to help the other donkey he's left out there. And people wonder why we're struggling.
So if we took Doherty off who do we put on?
Sissoko?

Bale wasn’t creating anything
He was shocking imv
Not the only one either

So if we took Doherty off who do we put on?
Sissoko?

Bale wasn’t creating anything
He was shocking imv
Not the only one either
He had Aurier on the bench didn't he? Even if he left Doherty on there he could easily have moved Lucas to the right and put Bale inside. Lucas would do a better job of 'helping' Doherty.

The point is there were options that didn't involve removing Bale, especially as we'd already lost Son to an injury. As usual Jose picks the one that involves removing a talented attacker so he can get another donkey out there to protect his outdated low-block bullshit tactics.

He is a player I want to see under a different manager. He has good close control, quick strong, passes and links well and is a hard worker but seems to lack confidence near goal or has more recently.

He is not a player on the sell list for me as I think there is far more that can be got out of him unlike say Sissoko or Dier who I think there is nothing more to come.

He is a player I want to see under a different manager. He has good close control, quick strong, passes and links well and is a hard worker but seems to lack confidence near goal or has more recently.

He is not a player on the sell list for me as I think there is far more that can be got out of him unlike say Sissoko or Dier who I think there is nothing more to come.
Are you talking about Doherty?

I actually thought he looked fairly decent in his cameo tonight.
He should have done, fresh legs against a team that had been playing for nearly 2 hours.

I'm not writing him off yet but he's been abysmal this year. I'd like to see him under a new manager but he looks nothing like the player we signed right now. He was better in his first 3 months than he's looked all season. If that's down to coaching or poor management i'm not sure but he's one of the biggest disappointments this season.

Back
Top Bottom