Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems more and more like a Levy bargain than a Jose gem - absolutely terrible player
Not even a bargain really, 30m.

Bowen and Eze were 10m less. Benrahma was about 5m less too. Watkins also about 30m.

I think we should try to get Gio Reyna in the summer or something. He's a goal scorer first and foremost.

Between Bale, Lucas and Bergwijn we have nothing on the right side. Mou also benched Dele, losing another goalscorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's in a down spell right now but he can come back. Not sure he ever really made the step up from eredivisie star to premier title winning starter though. I'd feel more comfortable if he was a second choice up-and-comer for us rather than needing to start in the biggest games right now. Would be nice if Bale can get his fitness together enough to stake the starting RW position as his own and leave us less dependent on Bergwijn.

He's in a down spell right now but he can come back. Not sure he ever really made the step up from eredivisie star to premier title winning starter though. I'd feel more comfortable if he was a second choice up-and-comer for us rather than needing to start in the biggest games right now. Would be nice if Bale can get his fitness together enough to stake the starting RW position as his own and leave us less dependent on Bergwijn.
Played 8 games, not one goal or assist.

Dangerous with the ball - C
Tracking back and defensive work - B+
Enough pace to fit into counter-attacking play - D
Clinical finishes - C-

If Son is heavily marked, Kane/AMF has no option to make plays other than feeding our LB/RB. I don't know if Bergwijn contributed to any creative runs today. His lack of attacking attribute was exposed today since we had more possession than other days.

Dangerous with the ball - C
Tracking back and defensive work - B+
Enough pace to fit into counter-attacking play - D
Clinical finishes - C-

If Son is heavily marked, Kane/AMF has no option to make plays other than feeding our LB/RB. I don't know if Bergwijn contributed to any creative runs today. His lack of attacking attribute was exposed today since we had more possession than other days.
I've literally never seen him take on and beat a player 1v1 - the Winks of wingers

No he didn't.... He said Stevie wasn't our first choice....
That proves John's point even further - what even

'Hey, Jose - we cannot sign your no.1 choice because I don't wanna pay extra 20p image rights, but here - have this overpriced bargain instead.'

That proves John's point even further - what even

'Hey, Jose - we cannot sign your no.1 choice because I don't wanna pay extra 20p image rights, but here - have this overpriced bargain instead.'
Are you implying we should've signed Dybala, who didn't want to come here, would've cost a shitload in fee and wages, and is playing like shit right now at Juve?

People are being waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too harsh in here.

He's asked to be the defensive minded winger in a Jose system. No more, no less to it.

He's asked to be the defensive minded winger in a Jose system. No more, no less to it.
Even Firmino, the prototypical defensive forward, has more goal contributions than Bergwijn. I don't know if he's off-form or what, but right now we have a void in our right wing when we attack, this is only putting more weight on Kane and Son's shoulders.

Son is doing the same job. He needs to contribute atleast a little something in an attacking sense I feel. I'm not expecting him to do what son does because he's not on that level but atleast Give out the occasional assist or turn up when the others aren't performing.

Back
Top Bottom