Steveomgage & other pre-season friendlies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBdtrmck10s[/youtube]

Gylfi's goal.

Tried to embed the video but I'm shit with that kind of thing :walker:

Smoked Salmon said:
Is it me, or is The Hudd looking a bit fat again?

I'm loving the Huddlefro :)

Perhaps he looks like he is carrying a little more weight than before the injuries, but I don't think it is down to anything more than not being able to train as he usually would and I'm sure he'll be in better shape come the start of the season. He hasn't got the sort of body to not play for the best part of a season without putting a few pounds on, after all.

I really hope AVB fancies him and he gets a decent amount of playing time as I love watching him play. Easily one of the best passers in the league in my book and someone who can still do a lot for us assuming his ankle is still up to it.

It was a terrible match. HOWEVER...

I stayed behind at the end and met Livermore and Dawson!!!

Was also in touching distance with the rest of the squad but the stewards wouldn't let us get nearer.

AVB is even sexier close up.

Macca said:

Was also in touching distance with the rest of the squad but the stewards wouldn't let us get nearer.

Any other insights from the match? Any notable standout players at the dawning of the post-Harry era? Desperate for data...

Ramsingh Match Report

Jan looked alright
Gylfi pulled all the strings
Townsend played well, didn't want to shoot though, just kept squaring it across the box.
Coulibaly got very disheartened after he missed.
Lennon and Walker looked rusty.
Huddlestone played well apart from studding a Stevenage player in the thigh!
Dawson just played his standard long lobbed balls.
Kaboul was good, standard athletic play.
Harry Kane was terrible, missed a sitter of a chance and didn't do much else.

It's not very good but it will have to do.
I'm no :windy:

penpen said:
Macca said:

Any other insights from the match? Any notable standout players at the dawning of the post-Harry era? Desperate for data...

Kaboul was solid. Townsend played very well, and was a real threat on the left. Gylfi was looking very sharp. Coulibaly worked hard, probably too hard, when he came on.

Andros Townsend has not had a bad match when he has turned out for the first team. Always willing to take people on, formidable turn of pace, good delivery if a little bit hurried sometimes, eye for goal, many other cliches. Genuinely like him though, would not want to play against him as a right back, confident player.

Back
Top Bottom