Striker buys for next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
Assuming Adebayor has played his last game, what players would people like to see up front next season.

I am still not convinced that Defoe has what it takes so it'slikely that we will need 2-3 new forwards. Obviously Remy has been linked, but who else could we take? Who is realistic? Should be pick up the likes of Holiett on the cheap? Give a punt on Berbatoss? Raid Newcastle for Cisse or Ba? Find an up and coming talent from somewhere? Or try and get a "name"?

Watching the Marseille game now, Remy seems to be playing on the right wing, so if we can get him then we've got right wing sorted and another body up front.

Ideally i'd have Soldado and Remy, and one of Saha and Defoe kept.

Damiao, Remy, Llorente, Hoillet, Damiao Doumbia and Giroud.

Of course most are unlikely but if we managed to at least get one of them, that'd be fucking brilliant.

Pyro_era said:
Damiao, Remy, Llorente, Hoillet, Damiao and Giroud.

Of course most are unlikely but if we managed to at least get one of them, that'd be fucking brilliant.
I reckon we wont be able to sing 'Theres only one Damiao" then...

:baletroll:

PaxtonTT said:
Pyro_era said:
Damiao, Remy, Llorente, Hoillet, Damiao and Giroud.

I reckon we wont be able to sing 'Theres only one Damiao" then...

:baletroll:

Didn't you know we can clone him?

edited.

Sigh, Remy's just gone off injured, hurt himself kicking the ball. Looks quite serious.

Un-fucking-believable.

I think we'd be stupid not to look at Nilmar. Relegated with Villareal today (would prefer Rossi but he's got a 6mth injury). Great striker, achievable.. Let's do it.

OR SOLDADO. :bmj:

Girouid looks like the sort of striker that would fit in with Bale and Lennon/new winger either side providing crosses etc
We really dont want any more midget players, especially midget strikers.

Abbey Yid said:
I think we'd be stupid not to look at Nilmar. Relegated with Villareal today (would prefer Rossi but he's got a 6mth injury). Great striker, achievable.. Let's do it.

I hadn't thought about that. Villareal (partly because I can't believe they are rellegated). What about Rossi? The fact that he is injured and they are relegated, maybe we could get him on a cheap? I do appreciate he probably wouldn'tplay for the first few months of next season, but maybe as a long term investment?

Smoked Salmon said:
Abbey Yid said:

I hadn't thought about that. Villareal (partly because I can't believe they are rellegated). What about Rossi? The fact that he is injured and they are relegated, maybe we could get him on a cheap? I do appreciate he probably wouldn'tplay for the first few months of next season, but maybe as a long term investment?
To be honest I think he's going to be plagued with injuries for the rest of his career. He was out for 6/7 months earlier in the season, just started to get some games under his belt and then did the same injury (cruciate ligaments) on his other leg. Bearing in mind he's now had cruciate ligament damage to both knees, I can't see him completely recovering from it.

I'm assuming their finances are shit (like every other club in Spain bar the top 2) so probably could get someone like Nilmar for £10m-£15m, a good price.

For an up and coming prospect i wouldnt mind a punt on Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield, but i dont think HR fancies him.

Kane got good reviews at the skip but dont think hes ready yet.

:levystare: supposed to have a meet with Remy next week - but i suppose thats if he's fit enough to make it.

I think the Euro's may fling a few names our way - there may be a hidden gem there to be found.

I hate it when these international tournaments are on. Players can have 2/3 good games and are deserving of a 3x inflated transfer fee. We'd be better off snapping someone up before they score twice and their value doubles.

Kenzi52 said:
I think the Euro's may fling a few names our way - there may be a hidden gem there to be found.
Baaaaaaad mistake. The Euros means inflated prices, often for average players who simply have decent tournaments.

We need to do our business early. Levy needs to let go of his much prized "last minute deal" tactic and accept that he needs to go out and get one or two before the Euros start. Marin at Chelsea already, Podolski at the scum. Now is the time to start getting some players in. Sure, we can still look for extra players afterwards, but to leave all the business to the last minute will see us finish last again (that is in terms of getting the signings we want).

"thougher league" la liga? I see the bundesliga as a tougher league for strikers than la liga, better defending, stronger challenges... personally I think he was misused in RM, feed him the way he needs to be fed and he'll score loads

Kalyl said:
"thougher league" la liga? I see the bundesliga as a tougher league for strikers than la liga, better defending, stronger challenges... personally I think he was misused in RM, feed him the way he needs to be fed and he'll score loads
And what about Serie A, where he also bottled it. Same reasoning?

Damiao is the one we really need. Young, talented, proven he can score goals, physical presence, link-up play the lot. He's going to be a brilliant player..

..if we do indeed have this club link thing with Internazionale then what's stopping us from signing him? He's the perfect solution.

Back
Top Bottom