StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

my mate text me yesterday asking for my postcode so he can register our tickets for stubhub seeing as I'm out of the country and he occasionally has to miss games. I then proceeded to rant at him non stop until he yielded and decided not to sign up in the end!

The Trust met the Club. In the Trust's minutes they said only two games last season didn't go general sale, the Goons and Sunderland. This season so far EVERY game has gone general sale.

The indignant outrage seems to based on political leaning not what the actual reselling itself. That's fine and can understand that view but it's being built up into a mega 'isshoo', when, in reality, it ain't.

More concerned about general ticket prices and our heritage being stripped than whether Mike Soccerball has pay an extra £20 over face.
It isn't just Mike Soccerball though mate. The reason you don't see it as an issue is because you are a ST holder. Top of the pile in this situation.

I was, my missus and I gave ours up when we had a kid 3 years ago, she was 3yrs as a holder I was 10 yrs.
We moved to be closer to her mum as she has health issues......We now live in Tampa BUT I am in London every 4-6 weeks and attend at least 1, often 2 games when I am over.
I have served my time, I am no "Mike Soccerball" tourist ...........but because of this situation the price being paid is rising.

If stubhub had been around when my son was born, guess what? It would have been really fucking tempting to keep them, sell off the Cat A games I couldn't be at for a premium and cover the cost of my ticket for the rest of the year.

No ST turnover
Empty seats for Stoke on a tuesday night because its not worth the hassle
Scalped fans like me who love the club, served their time and now have changed circumstances.

I always used the ticket exchange, now I use twitter and friends to get what I need. I will not pay Stubhub prices not necessarily because of the cost, but because of what they are enabling among the fanbase.

As much as I've loved the Hull and Sheriff 1882 matches, I've been disappointed that the anti-Stubhub chanting didn't carry over from Espanyol in a significant way. 1882 is the perfect opportunity for fans to make themselves heard on this issue, but it seems that as the season draws on we are starting to forget about it or become accustomed to it, which is a damn shame.

The club's partnership with this company is indefensible.
What I don't get is why not build an in- house solution if our own. Don't see the point to outsource. New stadium is a chance to re-set everything about ticketing. I'd use this opportunity to bring in retina scanning for entry, it will stop the Spurs fans selling tickets and stop the touts. Build an online ticket exchange owned an run by club, no longer have paper tickets, which means no postage fees, no admin fees. Encourage fans to hand tickets back by by making a percentage available for schools or others deserving e.g. Armed forces, disabled, terminally ill etc. Those that fail to turn up to matches having paid will be fined or lose their ST.

The gent in front of us StubHubs pretty much every week it seems. He must have made a massive profit over the past couple of seasons and I'm convinced that is the only reason he sells as before StubHub he was there everyweek. He has 3 tickets. Only reason I know he still has them is because himself he has bothered to show up twice this season. It's really just like someone who bought a leasehold flat in an area without much demand years ago - and now the area is trendy they rent it out at an inflated rate. Cash cow.

I hold the club accountable personally for signing the deal with StubHub.

I'd love to meet some of these people, most likely it's the same old miserable pricks who fuck off with 10 minutes to go, no matter what the score is ( not directed at ya mk, unless you are one of them :pochserious2:).

Don't forget arriving 5 minutes after kick off, leaving 5 minutes before half time to get a beer and getting back 10 minutes into the second half. Whilst talking shit (for everyone to hear) to their mate about anything and everything apart from the game during the period they are actually at their seats.

Fucking twats out there.
That ticket will likely go to some rich foreign tourist who Follows a certain player rather than the club.

How can arseholes like that sleep at night, profiteering from fellow fans? Makes my blood boil.

Totally agree. I wouldn't even be against paying slightly over the odds as a gesture of goodwill to the right person, but such blatant profiteering is disgusting. Claims he 'can't make' the game. But still wants to make hundreds from it. Dickhead.

Echo much of what has been said

Losing 10% of the value is hardly an issue unless your flogging loads of tickets every year.

If you're buying a ticket at the start of the season and thinking "I won't get that money back" then you shouldn't have one in the first place

No surprise the atmosphere is sometimes shit when season ticket holders cherry pick games and flog their tickets for over the odds to daytrippers

Last edited:
Nothing will convince me that it's OK to overprice tickets for another Spurs supporter, no matter what the game is. I can't believe that people haven't got friends or family who wouldn't jump at the chance at attending a game that you can't make. It may not be illegal but it should be made so. I think it's immoral. StubHub is just a legalised touting system, no different to the individual on the street. I feel the same about people who buy a bunch of concert tickets, especially charity gigs, just to sell at an extortionate price. Maybe we should go back to the old-fashioned way and you just queue up and you can only buy one ticket, that would stop a lot of this nonsense.

@ greaves357 - I'll tell you the reason I get fucked off with chancers charging 130 odd quid for Swansea at home.

There are people I have met from this very site, who have gone to the effort of applying for Away Days for me, paying for x2 tickets out of their own money, then waiting outside the Lane for me to hand over the tickets. How much do they charge me? Face Value.

Can you at least understand why some tit who's just got given a ticket on his ST anyway, taken 5 minutes to upload to StubHub, and then charges 4 times Face Value would fuck me off?

I'd like to know the view from a ST holder about the StubHub situation. Lets face it, you've been given a golden ticket to make money from fans and still keep your ST for season after season. You could in theory sell 5 games and get you ST money back (as long as people are willing to pay). Would you inflate the price of your ticket on StubHub if you couldn't attend the game?

The only argument StubHub can give is that they do not set the price of the ticket....but they allow it to be priced well over the odds.

The old Ticket Exchange run through the official site worked well I thought, although there was no real profit in it for the club, the fans who bought the ticket were not getting ripped off, ST holders got some money back and you had to have an account on the official site to buy one....proper fans were getting the tickets.

Im sure I read somewhere that the current stubhub deal ends in May. Hopefully the club are aware how unhappy fans are with it and they take the resale of tickets back in house. I suppose ST holders will argue they have paid for the ticket and it is up to them how often they attend which is fair enough but if when we are in the new stadium there is still a big waiting list for ST's I think ST's must be seen to be active to be retained for the following season. IE can be resold for a maximum five times and the access card scanned at least 10 times during a season.

Stub hub, ticketmaster, viagogo all the same.

They are very clever. When Depeche Mode tickets went on sale i was straight on Google to buy a pair. The first 4 or 5 sites to come up were re-sale sites with tickets at £90. I was tempted (assuming they must have already sold out) but waited until i got to work & tried Ticketmaster. They still had plenty of tickets left at face value (£40-£45).

Crooks the lot of them.

I had a season ticket since 1982, so I think I earn the my right to go when I like thanks.
It not a privelige the club used stubhub to make money and to assess what they could possibly charge fans in the future for season tickets,I quite actually like stubhub and I think the club will renew the contact ,when we are in the new stadium.
when we were really shit and no one wanted to go as soon as the team performance has a down turn all the newbies will disappear.

You haven't earned anything and you're a cunt if you leech off other Spurs fans. When we were really shit, loads of us went, but nobody was interested in your poxy season ticket in those days, or sitting/standing (sitting most likely) next to sanctimonious old wankers like yourself. I hope the club bin the stubhub partnership, it might force you to go to a game or two, rather than sell your ticket for 3 tImes face value to people who don't know better.

I'm sure there must be another "community" type way of "selling" a ticket for a match you can't get to. Stub hub is fucking evil. And the people who use it have no community spirit at all. I'd have no objection to paying face value plus reasonable expenses. By reasonable I don't mean 3x face value as that is pure profiteering. Postage etc is fine, but it's a merciless cunt that seeks to turn over a profit at the expense of a fellow fan. Shame on any cunt that does that shit.

What about the season ticket holder that emigrated and each year sells it to another season ticket holder, for him to sell each game on at a profit?
How many tickets a season is ok to sell on (at £150 each)
5?
10?
20?
I agree it's a good tool to enable a season ticket holder to sell on his seat once in a while but some people are literally taking the piss and making serious money out of it.
And plenty do that without even emigrating!

Back
Top Bottom