StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The amount of Woolwich and United tickets I've seen is sickening.

If you can't go to the last Derby and the last ever game at WHL then you shouldn't have one.

I appreciate there could be extraordinary circumstances, but on the whole thats obviously not the case.

I'm sure there are 100s of people who own a season ticket just to sell the tickets on stub hub and never go to a game for that particular seat, and like others have said with them making a tidy profit for no real work, what incentive is there for them to give the ticket up.....
There should be a limit on the amount of games you can sell, it's common sense when we have a season ticket waiting list like we do, i really hope Wembley and the new stadium mix things up a bit and people start to struggle selling the spare season tickets, and then for the new stadium it can go to a deserving fan, not some cunt wanting to make money out of genuine fans desire to see the team they love.....

I've said this before elsewhere (might have been on here, not sure) but if you're gonna use something like this, then fans should NOT be able to profit from buying a seat and then selling it.

From July 2006

For the good of genuine supporters, the Club remains totally committed to stamping out ticket touting and our 'Out The Tout' campaign will continue more strongly than ever for the forthcoming season.

Last season we were delighted with the results of the campaign as we caught a significant number of people either touting tickets, using touted tickets or trying to gain entry to the stadium with a child’s ticket or membership (when they should have paid an adult’s price). This success was in no small part down to the co-operation of genuine fans and so once again we would urge supporters to contact the Club if you have been a victim of a tout, if you suspect someone sitting near you is touting our tickets or if you know of an adult who uses a child’s ticket to gain entry to White Hart Lane.

This season we will be stepping up our efforts to combat ticket touting including an increase in the number of spot checks. If you are involved in ticket touting, it is very likely you will be caught either outside the stadium, at the turnstile, or in your seat. We will rigorously investigate anyone we suspect of being involved in ticket touting in any way and there will now be greater penalties for those that buy touted tickets.

· Any supporter that attempts to gain entry to the stadium with a touted ticket will be turned away at the turnstile, have any Season Ticket or Membership cancelled with no refund and BANNED indefinitely from attending all future matches at White Hart Lane.

· Any supporter that is found to be in possession of a touted ticket inside the stadium will be ejected, have any Season Ticket or Membership cancelled with no refund and BANNED indefinitely from attending all future matches at White Hart Lane.

· Any supporter found to be touting their Season Ticket, Club Membership or match ticket will have it cancelled with no refund and BANNED indefinitely from attending all future matches at White Hart Lane.

· Any supporter that attempts to gain entry to the stadium with a child’s ticket will be turned away at the turnstile, have their Season Ticket or Membership cancelled with no refund and BANNED indefinitely from attending all future matches at White Hart Lane.

· We will also investigate and refer to the Police any unauthorised agent, agency or website that is selling or marketing our tickets. Ticketing touting is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 and Football Offences and Disorder Act 1999. Touts are liable to prosecution under these Acts and the Club will co-operate fully with the authorities to ensure this happens.

If you have been a victim of a tout, if you suspect someone sitting near you is touting our tickets or if you know of an adult who uses a child’s ticket to gain entry to White Hart Lane, please email us at [email protected] or contact us on 0870 420 5000. We will treat your call or email in total confidence.

Thank you for your continued support and co-operation.

I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years as a bronze member, and buy almost all of my tickets on the exchange - this is going to fuck me over something chronic. The exchange works really well, is totally ethical. This is such a cunt move.

I can't afford to pay stupid money for a ticket, the churn on the season ticket waiting list is so minimal. So my only real option now is to get in line for the 300 or so tickets they release on the bronze priority, or take a chance at 9am on release day (they sell out instantly, mostly).

The club are lying through their fucking teeth if they don't anticipate this will have an effect on the season ticket waiting list. Cunts.

How'd you reckon they will be under priced Lol? Surely they will be face value with the charge on top?

When people realise they're not selling, they'll drop the price. Even for the Everton v Liverpool game, if you left it late enough, there were still tickets to be had under face value. Market forces. Will be loads of games that go for under face value - especially single seats.

The whole idea that tickets will be cheaper for the lesser games is quashed by the caveat that the system only comes into effect when a game is Sold Out.

There might be the occassional late bargain available I'm sure but it's going to be rare, and typically down to a late personal tragedy and someone just wanting a few quid (rather than nothing) for their ticket.

Still over 100 left for Sunday. I'm hoping people will bite the bullet and sell at less than face value just to get some money back. We may yet see if Stubhub can work both ways..............

I don't think any Premiership Home games reach general sale. If they do it is the odd one.
And I can guarantee the PL and Paxton will be sold out quickly. It's why the exchange was a good way for members to get tickets in those areas especially.
(I know this because I usually look on the guest sale date as since giving up my ST I only buy the boy a membership, so look on the off chance.)

And I would guess you don't have the experience of buying as a member so to clarify just because the website says On General Sale means that is has gone past the specific date for when tickets go on general sale.

Finally look at it from this point of view. If the club bought back your ticket at the value you paid per game rather than "face" and then sold it on for whatever they could would you be just as happy then?
Or would you think they are taking the piss out of ST holders?

So yeah. Make your bread, I personally don't begrudge anyone that, but don't think it's not affecting the average fan because I guarantee you it is. It's just not affecting you.
The Trust met the Club. In the Trust's minutes they said only two games last season didn't go general sale, the Goons and Sunderland. This season so far EVERY game has gone general sale.

The indignant outrage seems to based on political leaning not what the actual reselling itself. That's fine and can understand that view but it's being built up into a mega 'isshoo', when, in reality, it ain't.

More concerned about general ticket prices and our heritage being stripped than whether Mike Soccerball has pay an extra £20 over face.

West Upper for a Cat A?

sheik-o.gif

The really cheap tickets on there are disabled/concession/child prices, but even so adult tickets for around £50 isn't bad. I can't go anyway as i'm still at uni but it's nice to see people not being cunts for a change.
People are only not being cunts because It's a limited sale to members. Constricted market. If this was the usual free for all you can bet your bottom dollar that our own season ticket holders would list those seats at prices even higher than the Chelsea game AND you can bet your second to last bottom dollar that Johhny Japan, Kevin Korea and Hank Yank would have no qualms in paying 200 notes to see Man Utd in London.

Something to thank the Old Bill for I suppose

So the government is today holding a select committee hearing into ticket reselling. Invited are:
  • viagogo
  • Rob Wilmshurst, See Tickets
  • Keith Kenny, Sales and Ticketing Director for 'Hamilton'
  • Cameron Mackintosh
  • Stuart Camp, manager for Ed Sheeran
  • Stuart Galbraith, music tour promoter
  • Claire Turnham, representative from 'Victim of viagogo' group
  • Mark McGivern, journalist, Daily Record
Viagogo have ignored the invitation, which is pretty inflammatory on their part. But Stubhub weren't even invited, and the focus seems to be completely on music and theatre, not on sport...

I hate myself for it but I could see myself going through StubHub to try to get a ticket for Woolwich. Hoping there actually is a price limit.
Limit is £150. However, if there are enough people actually willing to pay that much then you might have a hard job even finding tickets available at that price - they could get snapped up very quickly

Back
Top Bottom